Fiji Indian

Why I joined this site and how you can help me.

130 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Part of a hardship filing is not only how is if bad for you not to have him here but ho you can't go live with him in Fiji. You mother is from there originally so it may be harder for her to show that but what about you? Are they reason why life there would be impossible

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Timeline

Ok, but why can't you get a job and support your mom and yourself? I mean I understand that you love your dad and you want him to be with you but you and your mom don't literally need him to survive.

How cannot my Mom survive without the love of her life, whom she has known since they were teenagers? They have been married for 42+ years. They are all they've depended on. My Mom makes $18,720 a year as a CNA. She cannot pay the bills, the rent, and buy food without the support of my Dad. My Mom has cataract and glaucoma in her eyes. She needs to get the sergery, but she needs my Dad's emotional and financial support. I can go on, but I am basically repeated myself from post #6.

I myself am emotionally attached more with my Dad. I was diagnosed with PTSD and Depression when he went to jail. And now I have to relieve through that nightmare again. No one wants to be separated from their loved one. Just like how one will have a difficult time living with 1 arm and 1 leg, that is how I feel my life would be without my father. Yes I am a 19 year old adult, who is daddy's little boy :)

And I can get a job, but do you really think I will be permanently hired after finding about by PTSD?

Edited by Fiji Indian

Ok well, the way the forum works (because I saw your post about the editing feature) and now you mentioned it here as well as not wanting details in different posts- my man! as long as all the info is in the same thread- its all good :) Nothing is really considered scattered around. Its very common for things to be repeated several times through out a thread, and sometimes threads go on for pages and pages with things being repeated and discussed in various ways. You just dont want multiple threads in different areas of the forums with people all talking about the same topic.

Anyway- here is some links on hardship basics 101 for you to start with:

http://www.***removed***/greencard/***removed***/extreme-hardship-waiver.html

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/filling-out-form-i-751-with-hardship-waiver.html

Se what they are saying and what the others above are saying as best they can is hardship are a tough- Heres a quote from one of the pages "The common effects of deportation—such as job loss, the uprooting of family, and even separation of parents from small children—are considered "typical" hardships, even if those outcomes cause plenty of grief for the immigrant's family members. A hardship would be considered "extreme" only if it was unusual or beyond that which one normally would expect from a deportation or barred re-entry."

So typical hardships are expected when they deport someone and they dont give a flying rat about it. And you are singing a sad song my friend. Saying how your mom is sick and the dad is sick so who is going to help who in the hardship here? Pick a side. Is the dad needed to help the mom? No, because he is sick, how can he work? Is the mom going to help the dad? She seems sick too. Are you? You seem depressed and have PTSD. Is keeping you all together going to just make it all better? What is the attorneys plan to lay out for your specific hardship??

(Im being a little hard I know and Im sorry). I do have a few ideas but I hate to put ideas in peoples heads or create stories that dont exists, so you tell us- what is the extreme hardship?

How cannot my Mom survive without the love of her life, whom she has known since they were teenagers? They have been married for 42+ years. They are all they've depended on. My Mom makes $18,720 a year as a CNA. She cannot pay the bills, the rent, and buy food without the support of my Dad. My Mom has cataract and glaucoma in her eyes. She needs to get the sergery, but she needs my Dad's emotional and financial support. I can go on, but I am basically repeated myself from post #6.

I myself am emotionally atached more with my Dad. I was diagnosed with PTSD and Depression when he went to jail. And now I have to relieve through that nightmare again. No one wants to be separated from their loved one. Just like how one will have a difficult time living with 1 arm and 1 leg, that is how I feel my life would be without my father. Yes I am a 19 year old adult, who is daddy's little boy.

Look, like I said I understand that you love your dad and don't want to be apart from him, but it is not a financial loss if your dad is not living in the US. You could really get a job and support your mom. Or all the three of you should just move back to Fiji and live there as a family. What's wrong with that? That is the easiest way to reunite your family and live peacefully together.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I myself am emotionally attached more with my Dad. I was diagnosed with PTSD and Depression when he went to jail. And now I have to relieve through that nightmare again. No one wants to be separated from their loved one. Just like how one will have a difficult time living with 1 arm and 1 leg, that is how I feel my life would be without my father. Yes I am a 19 year old adult, who is daddy's little boy :)

And I can get a job, but do you really think I will be permanently hired after finding about by PTSD?

She doesn't have to survive without him, she can move back to Fiji with him. It will be hard to prove hardship if she is originally from Fiji as well. And if he has been locked up for 4 years your mother is obviously surviving without his support.

Edited by mimolicious

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

DV, committed in this country, is a serious thing for a citizen, let alone someone, here.,.,maybe illegally, so that is very serious.

You need to have counseling by your lawyer, every day, until he does something, especially to see what ICE wants to let him go.

Or schedule a hearing in front of a judge, then you and your mother can tell ""YOUR NEED"" for him to be here.

Sorry, you have such a huge problem.

Guys this is not about me. Please don't make it about me. I have seeked therapy, who do you think diagnosed me with PTSD and Depression? We don't believe in taking medications for everything. Medications don't solve the problem or pain, it surpresses it. And as for the comment about my Mom can continue to survive without my Dad, since she did for 4 years. Well it's easy for you to say. But how much do you make exactly per year? An average person makes $30k+ a year, not $18,720. I would like you to subtract all the bills and expenses from $18,720 and please let me know how much do you actually have end of the year. Are you a 58 year old women who has had numerous health problems (cataract, glaucoma, kidney & gallbladder stones etc...), because if your not, then you may not understand what we are, and have been going through for years. Sorry I'm not trying to be rude, but in a situation like this anyone could flip. Perhaps, others situations are much worse then ours, but one must truly live through a situation to understand it.

Again, I aplologize.

Edited by Fiji Indian

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Guys this is not about me. Please don't make it about me. I have seeked therapy, who do you think diagnosed me with PTSD and Depression? We don't believe in taking medications for everything. Medications don't solve the problem or pain, it surpresses it. And as for the comment about my Mom can continue to survive without my Dad, since she did for 4 years. Well it's easy for you to say. But how much do you make exactly per year? An average person makes $30k+ a year, not $18,720. I would like you to subtract all the bills and expenses from $18,720 and please let me know how much do you actually have end of the year. Are you a 58 year old women who has had numerous health problems (cataract, glaucoma, kidney & gallbladder stones etc...), because if your not, then you may not understand what we are, and have been going through for years. Sorry I'm not trying to be rude, but in a situation like this anyone could flip. Perhaps, others situations are much worse then ours, but one must truly live through a situation to understand it.

Again, I aplologize.

It is sort about you and your mother.

As we now know your Mother has petitioned him and obviously he is not admissable with his criminal past without a waiver.

Now most waivers are for fairly minor issues, he is a Felon with an overstay, the overstay is not the biggie, the Felony is.

It is very difficult to get a wiaver approved for a Felon, when the DV Victim is the one asking for the waiver even ore so. Hopefully that makes sense.

Sounds like the waiver has gone all the way to the 9th Circuit which is know as a soft touch and has failed. There is nowhere to go.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.