B3zo_Mimo

Texas service center is moving, hurrayyyy, not that fast though

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to USCIS Service Centers Forum~

~Commentary about TSC~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I'm not sure I could use the word "moving" and TSC in the sand sentence. If they moved any slower they'd shift into reverse.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

I don't want to discourage you, just make sure you have your expectations properly set... not sure how much you can trust those dates: in my case (I-485 Employment Based) they say they are at August 2014, however I filed in May 2014 and still no news (no RFEs received nor any answer to two Service Requests).

I wonder if those dates have to be read as "the newest request we answered to was filed on" but kind of hide a backlog.

Still - of course - best wishes!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I know they are not moving at all but nowadays after all this wait and separation we c everything as a beam of light, we even tried contacting the senator, yet no reply

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I've been watching the timeline list for Texas, I went from 786 yesterday to 721 this morning. Maybe Texas is making progress after all!

Where were you able to see what number you were in line?

As much as I'd like to definitively trust the processing dates here, it is difficult to do knowing that the data relies on the input of members, and not actual process data coming from the service center. For example, if someone lists the TSC as the center where their application is being adjudicated, but the petition is actually at the CSC, the statistics are skewed. This error can happen easily if someone confuses the Texas Lockbox with the Texas Service Center. I hope I am completely wrong, trust me, but there is nothing online or otherwise to definitively evidence that petitions are moving more quickly through the TSC. The acceleration in which petitions are being reviewed can be as much artificial as real. If the TSC chooses to improve its stats it just grabs a bunch of petitions from months such as February and March and approves them. That reduces the wait time window just enough that it makes sponsors think that things are picking up. I HOPE I AM WRONG. I for one cannot sit idly by while my application collects dust. My file may not be approved any earlier, but this does not stop me from emailing my senator everyday on this issue. Let his liaisons see my communication everyday and when I make it to the senator's office in my state, let the staff look me in the eyes and tell me they wouldn't do the same thing if they were in my shoes.

-RMS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.