ndidi2001

Bringing a married brother of a US citizen to USA.

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am a US citizen and I am trying to file I-130 for my brother and his family of 5 including his wife and they are expecting the 6th one very soon.

But I notice that on the section where I suppose to filling in all their names, there is provision for only 5.

Spouse and 4 children, does it means that if my brother has more than four children that he cannot be given visa for the 5th child under I-130.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You attach another sheet to cover any question you can't answer in the space provided. Just put the number of the question you are filling extra data about and include the extra children. In the 12 years it will take for a visa number to be available there may be more children to add. Just remember someone has to sponsor everyone

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Please Vj friends I am about to file i-130 for my brother and sister both are married with children and I just recieved their birth certificate.

So my question is, do I suppose to include a photocopy or original copy, again do I suppose to Notorize the copies.

Apart from:-

1. Form i-130

2.Form G-1145

3.Birth Certificate

4.The Fees

Please friends is there anything that I'm missing out here for the initial phase.

Edited by ndidi2001

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

copies of documents, you need both birth certificates, yours and your brothers

plus if you weren't born a USC, you will need proof of citizenship

there is only one fee for now,

Edited by aleful

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Yup, copies of birth certificates only and no need to notorize.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Please Vj friends I am about to file i-130 for my brother and sister both are married with children and I just recieved their birth certificate.

So my question is, do I suppose to include a photocopy or original copy, again do I suppose to Notorize the copies.

Apart from:-

1. Form i-130

2.Form G-1145

3.Birth Certificate

4.The Fees

Please friends is there anything that I'm missing out here for the initial phase.

Hi,

Do not send originals. Send only photocopies as instructed. No need for notarization.

You will also need to send a photocopy of your birth certificate and proof of US citizenship (US passport or naturalization certificate).

Best of luck

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Please Friends on Visa Journey I have another Question on how to mail in My I-130 Application for My Relatives. I have Two I-130 Applications to mail, Can I put two of them in one envelope to mail or must I mail them differently.

Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

yes, same envelope is fine; you can use paperclips or an inner envelope to keep all the paperwork separate.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Thank you guys, penguin_ie, NigeriaBust and aaron2020 for all your advice they all worked out.

I really appreciate.

I have mailed my I-130 and just got receipt notice I-797 with priority dates on them, but still waiting for the approval notice.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Thank you guys, penguin_ie, NigeriaBust and aaron2020 for all your advice they all worked out.

I really appreciate.

I have mailed my I-130 and just got receipt notice I-797 with priority dates on them, but still waiting for the approval notice.

hi

don't worry about the approval, since it can take years, it's not a priority for them

It might take months, but it doesn't really matter since the wait is 12 or more years of waiting

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

All that really matters is who qualifies when the petition becomes current, divore re marriage children born children aged out, a lot can happen.

File and forget for at least 10 years.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

hi

don't worry about the approval, since it can take years, it's not a priority for them

It might take months, but it doesn't really matter since the wait is 12 or more years of waiting

In fact, the longer it takes for approval, the better, because the time the petition takes to get approved is subtracted from children's ages under CSPA for determining whether they age out.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

You want USCIS to take a long time to approve the I-130 to maximize CSPA protection for your brother's children. The overall wait will still be 13 years. A long wait to approve the I-130 does not make the wait longer overall.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.