mandyg

Getting approval before another visa it up?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi all,

My boyfriend is coming to Australia on a work/travel visa for 12 months and in that time we are planning on getting married.

However, we wont be getting married as soon as the 12 months begins.

This worries me as i know the CR-1 visa takes quite a while to process and if we dont give ourselves enough time his visa might be up before its approved.

Has anyone else been in this position? Will he have to return home or can they extend your stay while its being processed?

Thanks!

Edited by mandyg

I am an Australian citizen dating an American

J-1/417 Journey
March 2013 - Met on Instagram
September 2013 - J1 Visa accepted
December 2013 - Moved to Portland, OR and met my boyfriend for the first time
November - 417 Working Holiday Visa for Australia accepted for my boyfriend
January 2015 - Moved back to Australia... alone :(

Currently
May 2015 - Return to the US and start our road trip of all the lower 48 states
August 2015 - Both move to Australia for 1 year

Road Trip Photos // Instagram // Photo blog

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

did you try looking for an Australian immigration site? VJ is for US immigration and most wouldn't know the first thing about visas down under. I hope you find your answer and good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.