Eze

K1 denied wow feel very low

59 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

http://visarefusal.com/221g/

Doesn't seem like the end of the world, and I'm confused too, was it denied, or AP? 221g can also mean they need to take more time to make a decision, or are giving you more time to provide more evidence. Which is it?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

by reading the question the co ask to you, i can see a red flag. When are you planing to get marriage. The answer shouldnt be like as soon as i get in the usa. Marriage is something very serious that have to be planned ahead of time. Your answer easily show that you are more concerned about being in the usa that actualy being in a true relation. My advice at this point will be to get marriage and to file again for spouse visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How is meeting thru a family member a red flag ?

I think alone it isn't a big deal, but combined with things could probably be problematic. The reason it is a red flag is a lot of people do fake marriages inside family and friends to get to the U.S. So that would be something in a high fraud area they would look at more seriously. Sometimes even having too many family members in the U.S. can be a red flag. At the end of the day there is one person deciding the fate of it and their views will come into play.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Was anything written on your 221g or was a box check marked ?

We were denied the first time around too, it happens.

We filed another K1 and were approved.

You can get married and file a CR1.

Visit as often as you can. Consider being there for the next interview.

Best wishes.

There were no boxes marked or not marked. It just said unable to issue visa and that it will be sent back to USCIS. Then at the bottom there is a general information titled "INFORMATION FOR ALL APPLICANTS REGARDING VISA FRAUD" 3 paragraphs. This was first K1.

Timeline

How did you get your green card and citizenship? If you got it through marriage to a US citizen whom you have subsequently divorced so you can now marry someone from your native country, that's a red flag right there.

Never been married or engaged.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I have no advice for you unfortunately, but I am sorry you got denied. Sounds like your fiancee had to deal with a lazy CO who should have asked more questions and flushed things out more before denying you (assuming those were the only questions asked at the interview).

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Timeline

Met only once

met thru family (CO thinks immigrant benefit)

was there enough evidences of on-going relationship?

221G should be ticked on reason of denial.

Maybe another visit & marriage once issue is addressed is better

CO is 100% wrong. There were pictures and about 400pages of message/calls. Provided everything they asked and wasn't enough I guess.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

you still have not answered my question. What was written on the 221g? A 221g is usually not always a flat out denial. Were you put in AP?

OP seems to have already stated that it said they were unable to issue a visa and that the application would be sent back to USCIS.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

you still have not answered my question. What was written on the 221g? A 221g is usually not always a flat out denial. Were you put in AP?

When they give a flat out denial, there is no box to check. It is a simple letter stating that they are unable to approve the visa under section 221-g. The white sheet with the options available for checking is for AP reasons. No sheet with options to check = denial

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Not necessarily red flags being their reason for denial. My husband was from Morocco. We had an age difference. We only met once before filing a k1, and that was when I visited him for 3 weeks. Out k1 went through without any problems whatsoever. Sometimes whether or not a petition is approved or denied relies on the mood of the interviewer. And you can't say mood has nothing to do with it. Many couples meet through family members, and there's nothing wrong with that. To me it sounds like there is nothing wrong with they're relationship. I personally do not see any red flags. There was a woman in the Morocco embassy during the time my fiancé went through his interview I pray to God he didn't get. She had more denials, and was the most ill tempered interviewer there was... However, mood, personal thoughts, biased opinions, etc etc, does play into it, although it isn't supposed to. He can always get married and file a CR1.

Edited by MouadsWife

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Timeline

Not necessarily red flags being their reason for denial. My husband was from Morocco. We had an age difference. We only met once before filing a k1, and that was when I visited him for 3 weeks. Out k1 went through without any problems whatsoever. Sometimes whether or not a petition is approved or denied relies on the mood of the interviewer. And you can't say mood has nothing to do with it. Many couples meet through family members, and there's nothing wrong with that. To me it sounds like there is nothing wrong with they're relationship. I personally do not see any red flags. There was a woman in the Morocco embassy during the time my fiancé went through his interview I pray to God he didn't get. She had more denials, and was the most ill tempered interviewer there was... However, mood, personal thoughts, biased opinions, etc etc, does play into it, although it isn't supposed to. He can always get married and file a CR1.

Yep, I agree. Given how few questions the CO asked, it's clear s/he already had his/her mind made up for whatever reason. Assuming we're not missing any details about the interview (admittedly a big assumption), the OP and his fiancee had really bad luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Yeah +1 for the notion of meeting only once and for two weeks being a red flag, especially in a high fraud country. And the 400+ pages won't matter much in such a scenario, unfortunately. There's no substitute for meeting in person. Although there will always be exceptions, this is the general rule of thumb. Follow that rule of thumb and visit a few more times Eze, even before filing the I-130, which is your only real option at this point. I wouldn't recommend another I-129F.

9/8/14 - I129F petition sent to the USCIS lockbox via USPS
9/11/14 - Petition received @ USCIS lockbox
9/11/14 - NOA1 Email and text message received
9/15/14 - NOA1 Official notice date
9/18/14 - NOA1 hard copy received
12/9/14 - "Updated" likely because of website repairs, like many of us received
4/20/15 - NOA2 text and email (221 days)

4/29/15 - Sent to the NVC (9 days)

5/8/15 - Arrived at the NVC (9 days)

5/13/15 - Left the NVC (5 days)

5/15/15 - Electronic version arrived at the embassy (2 days)

5/20/15 - Paper copy arrived at the embassy (7 days)

6/4/15 - Status changed to AP (which meant that we could schedule the interview)

6/16/15 - Medical

6/17/15 - K1 APPROVED!!!!

6/30/15 - Passport and sealed envelope delivered via courier

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Yep, I agree. Given how few questions the CO asked, it's clear s/he already had his/her mind made up for whatever reason. Assuming we're not missing any details about the interview (admittedly a big assumption), the OP and his fiancee had really bad luck.

I don't know if it's the same in other countries but when I went for my interview I first got to give away all my evidence papers and then I sat down and waited for maybe 15-20 minutes. I guess that's when they read through everything and then pretty much makes up their mind. Just a few questions to clear things up and then you get the verdict.

Timeline

For those of you saying Ethiopia is a high fraud country, where are you getting your info from? Are you just making that assumption because it's in Africa? I searched "fraud Ethiopia" on VJ and this is the only thread that came up. There are also very, very few K-1 reviews for Ethiopia, and very few poor reviews (especially compared to Nigeria). There is another recent one from April. It sounds like to me the embassy has gotten a more "strict" CO recently.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.