Souha

interview in Morocco

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi guys,

Finally my husband and I got approved for the visa to US,

it was very nice experience even if we were very nervous. I'll talk about our situation : me and my husband got married after I was selected for the Dv so we were afraid that will complicate things for us.

We spent the night at a hotel near the consulate, we didn't sleep well we were very stressed, we woke up at 7am had breakfast and we took a taxi to the consulate, we were there by 8am (we had the appointment at 8:30)..the security agent told us to go across the street, we found another security agent who check the appointment lettre he send us to the front door of the consulate there was a line of 6 people we waited for like 15 minutes before another security agent let us in...inside the consulate we had a security check, no phones, bags, perfumes or makeups are allowed.. the let us in with just our documents, photo albums, conversations..after that we enter to a waiting room that was full of people it was like 60 peple there...we set and wait that they call our names after an hour my name was called by window 2 we found a nice morocan man he asked me to gave him my diplomas without the translation just mine because I'm the principal applicant and he told me to wait that they call my name...we waited this time for 15 minutes, I was called to window 6, we found another morocan man he was very friendly he asked us about the medical examination and he told us not to be nervous and that everything will be just fine, he ask for the translation of my diplomas and the other documents with the translation (birth certificate, police certificate, court records, marriage certificate), and he ask for the same documents from my husband but he didn't take his high school diploma or other diplomas that we translate he told us that it was required just for the principal applicant he told us to wait and that the CO will call our name after she checked out the documents..after 5 minutes I was called to a private office and at the other side was sitting a blonde american woman she ask my husband to wait outside she told me if I would like to have the interview in english or frensh I told her that I don't talk english everyday so I'm more comfortable with frensh..she told me to take the oath that I mixed because I was very nervous, she smiled and told me that she will ask me a few questions :

CO : for how long you and your husband know each other?

Me : ....

CO : when did u get married ?

Me :.......

CO : so did you get married just after you was selected for the DV?

Me : yes we did so we can go together to the US

CO : did you decide to get married after or before the DV ?

me : we were planning to get married before I was selected but we were waiting after I graduate and got a job

CO : how the Dv affect your decision to get married ?

Me : we got married right after at court with just a small party so we accelerate things

CO: when and where was the first time you met ?

Me : I gave her the exact date

I told her if she wants to see our photos she told me no...she didn't ask for bank statement or affidavit of support

she told me to call my husband and wait outside...she ask him the same questions and some questions about his job...after that my husband opened the door and called me, the CO was smiling and told us : congratulations you won the visa you have to return next thursday to take ur passeports...we were very happy and excited it s the beginning of a new life...we were outside by 11:30

I hope that this clarifications will help...I would like to thank all the members of this forum especially SusieQQQ for her quick answers, it s very good forum that really helped me to understand a lot of things..good luck for all

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congrats to both of you.

Marriage

06/20/2010: Met Online

09/05/2012: Marriage in Pretoria, South Africa

I-130

03/24/2013: Package I-130 was sent to Chicago Lockbox
04/01/2013: NOA1 Hard Copy
07/26/2013: Infopass
07/30/2013: RFE Received
08/05/2013: RFE Sent
05/01/2014: NOA2 Hard Copy

The process took almost 14 months (well ... that really sucks)

AOS

05/05/2014: Package I-485, I-765 and I-131 Sent
05/16/2014: NOA1 Hard Copy( I-765, I-485 )

05/28/2014: Biometric Appointment ( 15 days earlier than scheduled )

06/04/2014: RFE ( Sponsor's Proof of Employment )

06/06/2014: RFE Sent

07/30/2014: EAD/AP Received

09/23/2014: Interview

10/03/2014: Case Approved
10/09/2014: GC Received (10 YRS)

N-400

Qualified by 319b

05/02/2015: Fingerprints in the US embassy

05/04/2015: N-400 sent

05/19/2015: Cash checked

05/21/2015: NOA1

06/08/2015: In-Line for an Interview

07/21/2015: Interview

07/21/2015: Oath Ceremony ... I'm a U.S. Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.