xDestineyx

Are already submitted AOS docs required at interviews?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Greetings,

The last family member of (My wife) finally got her case completed after a checklist on May the 8th, while the others were completed way before that, however I was told it was completed that day when I called the NVC (Over the phone), yet still I haven't received any email or any appointment letter for them, I was also told that they're working with the embassy in Kuala Lumpur to schedule an appointment. So I have two questions, at the moment: :D

1. Can they do the medical checks now, even without the interview letter?

2. I've read that they need to provide the affidavit of support documents at the time of the interview, is that in case if they haven't already submitted them to the NVC? or do I have to copy all the AOS docs, with all the tax transcripts regardless? Because that seems a bit inappropriate, since by that time all of the AOS docs would have been transferred to them from the NVC. But I can't afford more delays so I have to make sure.

Thanks in advance. :thumbs:

Hi there,

Please read my review of the Guatemalan embassy. It contains the answer to your question, but in a nutshell, yes bring them and not just copies of what you submitted but a new AOS with all updated info, and dates.

It may not be necessary but that's what I suggest. Of course copies of the original can't hurt either.

And no, you have to bring your interview letter to the medical appointment... so you can't go yet.

Timeline

So would it be okay if I just send my family copies of all the financial documents which I had submitted to the NVC before? Because it would be a bit of a trouble to make a new one, especially when there's a joint sponsor involved and making new ones would mean signing again and mailing them to my family all the way to Malaysia which might take time, or even possibly get lost causing further delays, things like this happened before. So would copies of the old ones be fine?

Edited by xDestineyx

Timeline

I think I sent them to the NVC at the first week or so last March, I have copies of all the transcripts, they were all the latest, so they shouldn't be a problem, the AOS docs are what worries me, the live signatures thing. They're four of the same kind for two family members by me and the joint sponsor, and two I-864w forms by me only.

Well, just make sure your family will bring the copies of your tax return from 2014, and copies of the W-2's from 2014. If your current income today is the same as the current income you wrote on the I-864 last March, and that can be proven by looking at your 2014 tax return, it shouldn't be a problem.

If you can though, send along current pay stubs from your employer and the joint sponsor's employer as proof that your current income is what you said it was, if there's any doubts.

This entails a little bit more work now, but not the burden of getting the signatures again. You'll be glad you did the work now, as opposed to having to do it after the interview IF you get a 221(g).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.