Sarahnick

What's in my head

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I was an au pair during 2012-2014 and during my last half year I met my now fiancé.

When I came back to my country (Sweden) last summer I applied for a student visa with help from the family I had stayed with during my au pair time. I was denied under 214(b) (not enough strong ties to home country) I got the question if I would also work during my student time and of course the answer is NO to this. However, I reapply on my own with student loan and was gonna stay at my bf parents house. Denied again for the same reason. In this somewhere I feel like I was denied because I was gonna study close to where I had been au pair and that they thought I wouldn't just study.

Anyway, my blyfriend came to visit me in September and we decided we wanted to get engaged and go the k1 route.

He also visited me again in January. (If that might help)

Do you guys think that the student visa denials will affect me at the interview? Could them be a reason for the k1 to be denied as well?

I know that strong ties doesn't matter in this case.

Anyone in the same boat?

Edited by Sarahnick

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

No, a denial will not affect your K-1 application. You haven't broken any laws by applying and getting denied. And the good news is the K-1 obviously doesn't need ties to home which is your issue!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hm yeah I guess. I'm just so scared that they will deny me this that I have all different thoughts in my head. It's been a long year!

But since they asked me about working and stuff, like could that cause a problem even tho the case wasn't like that? Like I guess what I'm trying. To say is - could the fact that that question came up during the interviews cause a problem?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hm yeah I guess. I'm just so scared that they will deny me this that I have all different thoughts in my head. It's been a long year!

But since they asked me about working and stuff, like could that cause a problem even tho the case wasn't like that? Like I guess what I'm trying. To say is - could the fact that that question came up during the interviews cause a problem?

From the last interview? Really doubt it. They will only focus on your relationship.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

I'd be very surprized if it came up and if it does, you just answer honestly. You were denied because you didn't have close ties to home, but that is no longer the case. Don't worry about this, I know it's easier said than done but you are not in danger of being denied a K-1 because of the previous denials which were completely different visa applications.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.