romaanashraf

f1 and f2 visa together but two questions

4 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi all,
I hope you all are good. Me and my wife had our f1 And f2 interview together on 7 may 2015 in islamabad, Pakistan. Both our Visas were approved and we were given a blue paper stating that we should be able to collect our passports after 5 working days. I have two questions

Q1: I fortunately got the passport stamped the same day but my wife status online shows administrative processing and it was last updated on 8 may and was created on 6 may. today is 13 may but no sign of update on my wife's visa. I am not sure why wud my wifes visa go to admin processing though we got the slip that states that pick the passports up in 5 working days from the designated place.

Q2: i mentioned on the ds160 question where it had asked who will b travelling with you to usa and i had answered that it wud be my wife and same goes for my wifes ds160 where she mentioned my name. Also the intended dates of travel were the same for me and my wife. Now my wife wants to accompany me after one month when i have gone there and settled properly. i have a question that is it necessary that she travels with me on the same date or she can travel seperately too. If she is allowed to travel seperately, is there anything difficult that she might have to face with immigration people once she lands at the airport.

Also another issue is that an email was sent to my wifes email address from department of homeland security on 6 may 2015 asking that they were not able to contact her via fone due to not responding issue and wanted my wife to confirm she didnt have any husbands before me. unfortunately i checked her email address after the interview that took place on 7 january but the vo never asked her that question when we were being interviewed. and the vo said both our visas were approved. to add further my wife replied to that email twice confirming that she didnt have any spouse before me and even left a message on the fone number that was written at the bottom as they dont attend the call.

but no case updated since 8 may

Thankyou all

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Be patience. Your last contact was on May 8, a Friday. The U.S. embassy is closed on Saturday and Sunday.

Today is Wednesday. Your wife's emails and phone message along with all the other communications from other people were probably not read or listen to until Monday. 3 days worth of emails and phone messages to go through. Be patience.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Be patience. Your last contact was on May 8, a Friday. The U.S. embassy is closed on Saturday and Sunday.

Today is Wednesday. Your wife's emails and phone message along with all the other communications from other people were probably not read or listen to until Monday. 3 days worth of emails and phone messages to go through. Be patience.

Brother i agree i should wait but when do the embassy people update the case status last updated as in my case it was 8 may and still its the same date. Also if you could answer my other questions, i would be gratefull regarding travelling seperately or together and why the vo didnt ask the question about ex spouses from my wife when we were at interview. Thankyou so much brother

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.