tonigrey

nvc cant be contacted

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! My husband and I have been trying to contact nvc new hampshire... and we just cant seem to get thru. Been calling since 7am est, 9am est, and now just recently. We aare currently based in cebu so we arent sure about any holidays or whatever... any jnsight on this? We havent had a problem like this before. :*(

You have to keep calling until you get through, sometimes it takes multiple redials to get through. And sometimes you have to hit the redial 10 to 15 times before you get through.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

That is the case with calling them the only holiday this month is May 25th . You should try giving them a call at exactly 6:59 am their time not a minute later or sooner . It is hard to get through but you have no other option but to keep redialing until you get through .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

That is the case with calling them the only holiday this month is May 25th . You should try giving them a call at exactly 6:59 am their time not a minute later or sooner . It is hard to get through but you have no other option but to keep redialing until you get through .

Actually that's not true... Other options would be to not call and either wait for the case number to be sent home to you by NVC or wait until you get contacted by the embassy.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Actually that's not true... Other options would be to not call and either wait for the case number to be sent home to you by NVC or wait until you get contacted by the embassy.

well in some cases people never get the mail from them and or it takes unwanted extra time . I got my case number a month before I ever got the letter from the nvc by simply calling in so it is sorry the best option * for most people .

And the op and her spouse are not in the U.S. So the mail is an unlikely thing for them or is going to take an incredibly longer time so calling is kind of their last option .

Edited by Morganalmonshid94

Timeline

We are actually just waiting for our letter for my interview schedule. We got our checklist last may, since they had an issue with my husbands taxes on his AOS. The taxes part. We called them to ask about it. My husband has been with me for 3yrs and has worked here in cebu. So he didnt have any taxes filed in the us. Which we explained in our letter attachment. We also marked it $000 but still got a red flag. We were told the supervisor review was 42days and its been 60 days now. We called them several times but all they say is wait and that an email will be sent soon... We just want to check up again. This has been very frustrating for us.

Sooo... given our situation. We have to call them. Again and again.

Sorry. I meant march. We got our checklist last march.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We are actually just waiting for our letter for my interview schedule. We got our checklist last may, since they had an issue with my husbands taxes on his AOS. The taxes part. We called them to ask about it. My husband has been with me for 3yrs and has worked here in cebu. So he didnt have any taxes filed in the us. Which we explained in our letter attachment. We also marked it $000 but still got a red flag. We were told the supervisor review was 42days and its been 60 days now. We called them several times but all they say is wait and that an email will be sent soon... We just want to check up again. This has been very frustrating for us.

Sooo... given our situation. We have to call them. Again and again.

Sorry. I meant march. We got our checklist last march.

They are open very late on the east coast, If you are calling from Cebu you might try your mid morning. As indicated redail, redail, redail,.....I think if anyone ever says "Due to the current call volume" to me on the phone I will automatically hang up on them out of conditioning from that voice message at the NVC :)

'when you do get through be sure to not take "wait 42 days" or "there I nothing I can do" for an answer, ask for a supervisor. If one is not available leave your name for a call back. That is likely futile but at least they will see that. Call back the next day and try to get a supervisor again. I promise you it is the shortest path to processing when there is some sort of processing hang up.

Have you not filed your 2014 taxes with the IRS? If not you will need to do that, working overseas does not exclude your husband from filing, it should exclude his overseas earnings though.

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Timeline

We will do that. Thanks for the advice! We actually started filling spousal visa last may 2014. So he wasnt able to file tax for that year yet. Also, my husband has been living here with me in cebu since 2012. We have his parents as co sponsors andDtheu already checked out. Its just his aos that had a problem.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.