Optimistical

NVC forms portal - unable to sign in to fill out DS 260/261 for over 1 week

223 posts in this topic

It amazes me that the investigative reporting consist of the using the 'facts' from the statement that was obliviously cut in the middle of the sentence.

That is often used in 'reality' tv . Shady

you are right, FAUX news

Also, what really boils by blood is when I hear a news reporter referring to a COUNTRY CHILE and calling it Chilli?!?!!

Oy vey!

Yeah guys I really hope and pray none of it is true. But who knows what's really happening inside right? We all just wanna see our families soon, that's the bottom line.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Yeah guys I really hope and pray none of it is true. But who knows what's really happening inside right? We all just wanna see our families soon, that's the bottom line.

Agreed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Don't fall for Obama-bashing FAUX news conspiracy theories. It's utterly false.

Don't fall for Obama-bashing FAUX news conspiracy theories. It's utterly false.

@fellaamazing Thanks for the comfort. I really hope you're right. But they better fix it soon though, because when you leave a fish outside the fridge, it stink after a while. I'm not a computer expert, but kind of unusual for such a powerful country with a powerful website backed up by the best computer technicians cannot fix system errors and computer bugs for 3 weeks is all. But oh well, just a thought. God bless us all. Edited by debi361

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I just called. And the guy asked me to wait few more days. There is no ETA for this.

By the way, my understanding of NVC is it is small establishment, with no IT department. Their job is to be intermediary between USCIS and consulates world wide, to make sure all the documents are complete, rather than wasting everyone's time by incomplete documents and consulate visits.

If the website is maintained by a third party IT company, they will schedule fixing it based on whenever they find time to fix it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

In regards to IT company comments

Most of the companies and agencies out there usually do not have an in house software development/IT department that would handle such project.

It's usually a software development /IT company that is on the current contract ( in this case NVC) that is working on fixing the bug.

If the company was not the one that has created the website ... Well you get the idea.

Also, since it's taking so long ... That just most likely means that this government agency has a small or limited budget, instead of 'spare no expense - fix it now - work 24/7' one.

Edited by 1stLoveRedo

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I called today... Of course there isn't any updates... They do not have any idea when it'll be fixed.... It's a waiting game...

Just a note.... The NVC DOES have a IT department... They also have contracted outside help as of this week to try and resolve the problem.... Also the people on the phone at the NVC are getting the same calls for the same problem... Remember that they have no control over the problem so please be nice!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I was able to log in today for the first time so everyone keep trying and good luck

were you able to choose the agent and pay the AOS fee ?

Here is My TimeLine for my VisaJourney :

Note : This is a US.Citizen applying for relatives category

• Service Center : Vermont Service Center
  • Consulate : Morocco
  • Marriage (if applicable):
  • I-130 Sent : 2014-11-16
  • I-130 NOA1 : 2014-11-23
  • I-130 RFE : 2015-03-26
  • I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-03-30
  • I-130 Approved : 2015-04-16
  • NVC Received : 2015-05-04
  • Assigned Case Number : 2015-05-14
  • Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-05-19
  • Pay AOS Bill : 2015-05-29
  • Send AOS Package : 2015-05-27
  • Receive I-864 Package : 2015-05-14
  • Submit DS-261 : 2015-05-28 ( The website was down for almost 3 weeks , no one was able to log in )
  • Send IV Package : 2015-05-27
  • Checklist: 26 June 2015 [ Non-submission of DS 260] i was not able to submit it due to the website issue ]
  • Submit DS-260 05 July 2015
  • Case Completed 05 August 2015
  • Interview scheduled on 9/11/2015
  • Interview shceduled for 10/14/2015
  • Interview Status : Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

what is the date you were assigned a case number. I still can't logon! :crying::cry:

when was yours assigned , kindly update your time line so we can see whats going on

Here is My TimeLine for my VisaJourney :

Note : This is a US.Citizen applying for relatives category

• Service Center : Vermont Service Center
  • Consulate : Morocco
  • Marriage (if applicable):
  • I-130 Sent : 2014-11-16
  • I-130 NOA1 : 2014-11-23
  • I-130 RFE : 2015-03-26
  • I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-03-30
  • I-130 Approved : 2015-04-16
  • NVC Received : 2015-05-04
  • Assigned Case Number : 2015-05-14
  • Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-05-19
  • Pay AOS Bill : 2015-05-29
  • Send AOS Package : 2015-05-27
  • Receive I-864 Package : 2015-05-14
  • Submit DS-261 : 2015-05-28 ( The website was down for almost 3 weeks , no one was able to log in )
  • Send IV Package : 2015-05-27
  • Checklist: 26 June 2015 [ Non-submission of DS 260] i was not able to submit it due to the website issue ]
  • Submit DS-260 05 July 2015
  • Case Completed 05 August 2015
  • Interview scheduled on 9/11/2015
  • Interview shceduled for 10/14/2015
  • Interview Status : Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

yes i was able to log in to do 261 form however it seem like the payment still have not working yet. God bless you all fellows.

When were you assigned a case number?

USCIS

12/01/14: NOA1

04/16/15: NOA2

NVC

05/01/15: NVC received the case

05/13/15: Case number assigned and IIN

05/28/15: SCAN DATE, IV and AOS package

06/02/15: DS-261 available and completed

06/08/15: AOS bill available and paid

06/23/15: SECOND SCAN DATE (checklist for new i864 form)

07/05/15: IV bill available and paid

07/08/15: DS-260 Available and completed

07/17/15 Case Complete

EMBASSY STAGE

07/15/15: Medical examination

09/02/15: Interview (Changed from 09/23/15) approved (L)

09/10/15: Visa in hand

09/12/15: POE, Los Angeles

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.