jeY_

My K-1 Visa Packet Checklist-- please do check

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone! Here is my K-1 Visa Packet Checklist

please do comment on this if i am missing something or if something that is listed is not supposed to be included.

thank you!

1. Cover Letter with G-1145 form

2. Money Order for U.S. Department of Homeland Security $340

3. I-129F form

4. I-129F section 34.a = HOW WE MET

5. G-325a (both USC petitioner and foreign beneficiary)

6. Letter of Intent to marry (both USC petitioner and foreign beneficiary)

7. CENOMAR of the foreign beneficiary

8. Birth Certificate (Both USC petitioner and foreign beneficiary)

9. Passport Photo with full name at the back and attach to designated G-325a (both USC petitioner and foreign beneficiary)

10. US Passport of the USC petitioner

11. Naturalization Certification of the USC petitioner

12. Proof of relationship:

-plane tickets together

-boarding passes together

-text messages; monthsary/anniversary messages, random messages, sweet messages, future plans messages, wedding plans messages, LQ messages

-cards, letters, notes

-photo together since 2012-2015 with caption at the back, including date, the place, the persons and the occasion

13. Proof of engagement:

-picture of engagement

-receipt of the ring

14. Proof of ongoing relationship:

-screenshot of video chat *viber/facetime/skype

-conversation since March 19, 2015 (since I left the Philippines)

-conversation about the wedding plans and the K-1 visa plans

That's mostly it guys. But I have some more questions before I will send the packet by next week since I am still waiting for the lacking documents from my fiancé, which is still coming from the Philippines.

So here are some of my inquiries- some of them are self answerable but I just wanna make sure.

1. How many messages conversations (pages) would i send?

2. also the photos?

3. what if we didn't have any pictures during engagement? because it was unplanned. but we had a studio picture the day after the engagement. would that be okay?

4. my engagement ring is not that expensive. does it matter to them?

5. would it be okay if my fiancé's photocopy of passport is not included in this packet? because he will still get a passport.

thank you!

(L)(L)(L)

Met in a Texting Clan: Jan. 24, 2012

He started courting even we have not met in person yet: Feb. 1, 2012

He went home in Davao from Manila to meet me; but i refused to see him : Feb 4, 2012

He went back to Manila (without having to see me): Feb. 14, 2012

I said yes to him: March 2, 2012 :dancing::luv:

I went to Manila: April 17, 2012 (his birthday and it was the first surprise I made for him)

He went to where I was staying to meet me in person : April 20, 2012

He proposed despite of not being in good terms: June 26, 2014

(yes! yes! Twas a long engagement. 1 year this June 26, 2015 :dancing: )

Flew back in the U.S after being away for too long: March 19, 2015

Started to compile docs for the K-1 packet: May 11, 2015

Completed: June 2, 2015

K-1 packet sent to Dallas Lockbox: June 5, 2015

Noa1 received via text and e-mail: June 11, 2015

(via USPS priority mail)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone! Here is my K-1 Visa Packet Checklist

please do comment on this if i am missing something or if something that is listed is not supposed to be included.

thank you!

1. Cover Letter with G-1145 form

2. Money Order for U.S. Department of Homeland Security $340

3. I-129F form

4. I-129F section 34.a = HOW WE MET

5. G-325a (both USC petitioner and foreign beneficiary)

6. Letter of Intent to marry (both USC petitioner and foreign beneficiary)

7. CENOMAR of the foreign beneficiary <-- This is something required specifically by the Manila consulate at the K-1 visa interview and is not needed with the I-129F petition.

8. Birth Certificate (Both USC petitioner and foreign beneficiary) <-- Birth certificate for foreign fiance(e) not needed until the K-1 visa interview.

9. Passport Photo with full name at the back and attach to designated G-325a (both USC petitioner and foreign beneficiary)

10. US Passport of the USC petitioner

11. Naturalization Certification of the USC petitioner <-- If the USC petitioner was naturalized, then they would not need to send their birth certificate either. The purpose of the copy of birth certificate is to prove US citizenship. You only need one document to prove that: copy of US birth certificate or naturalization, or all pages of US passport. No need to send them all.

12. Proof of relationship:

-plane tickets together

-boarding passes together

-text messages; monthsary/anniversary messages, random messages, sweet messages, future plans messages, wedding plans messages, LQ messages

-cards, letters, notes

-photo together since 2012-2015 with caption at the back, including date, the place, the persons and the occasion <-- You actually need proof of meeting within the 2 years prior to filing, not proof of relationship with the I-129F. You do not have copies of passport stamps listed. Those should be in there.

13. Proof of engagement:

-picture of engagement

-receipt of the ring

14. Proof of ongoing relationship:

-screenshot of video chat *viber/facetime/skype

-conversation since March 19, 2015 (since I left the Philippines)

-conversation about the wedding plans and the K-1 visa plans

That's mostly it guys. But I have some more questions before I will send the packet by next week since I am still waiting for the lacking documents from my fiancé, which is still coming from the Philippines.

So here are some of my inquiries- some of them are self answerable but I just wanna make sure.

1. How many messages conversations (pages) would i send? <--Just a few that spans your relationship. Not really needed for the I-129F petition anyway.

2. also the photos? <-- Again, just a few, to go along with your proof of meeting within the last 2 years.

3. what if we didn't have any pictures during engagement? because it was unplanned. but we had a studio picture the day after the engagement. would that be okay? <-- Does not matter, not required.

4. my engagement ring is not that expensive. does it matter to them? <-- engagement ring is not even a requirement, so it matters not at all how much your ring cost.

5. would it be okay if my fiancé's photocopy of passport is not included in this packet? because he will still get a passport. <-- Foreign fiance(e) passport not required for I-129F petition.

thank you!

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.