kkk1

wife cheated on me at last moment

207 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

declare assets where ?, so a person makes tons of money in say Dubai, so if a person comes here, the US government has automatic rights to the money in Dubai ? since when is that ? if that is the case, every person who comes here, all their assets is automatically taxed in US ?

He has no assets from what i understand.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

We are talking about divorce and what the Court will want to know.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Post removed to edit an unacceptable word and returned to thread as follows:

Oh I c. My wife gave me divorce paper in that she signed it and it says we never lived together. That is bull. She lived with me in Singapore. But since she signed document so I think. She has no choice and she wont get anything from me. Her mom suggesting me to get an attorney and file adultery charges against her.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline

Hmm okay

Lets start with the basics of divorce in Texas.

We are going to use this page as reference- http://www.womenslaw.org/laws_state_type.php?id=200&state_code=TX(as your spouse resided in TX so this is where you guys are filing)

You will see there are 7 potential grounds for filing and TX has a unique "community property" standard for dividing things. Not many places do this.

First though, lets go through the basics of procedure to get that out of the way and where you fall in the procedure/ what has/has not happened....

following along with the webpage referenced-

1st- meet residency- check. (your spouse does and she already served you)

2nd- pick a filing ground (what did she pick?)

3rd- serve your spouse (you mentioned meeting and getting the papers)

4th-contesting the divorce (this is where you are at!!) this is where if you disagree with anything you speak up "contesting the divorce"

5th-dividing of property and debt. This happens either out of court between yourselves either with or with out attnys and then presented to court or in the actual court if you cant agree and the judge will do it for you.

Thats it.

So its pretty easy. You are at step 4. As you can see there is no need to make your own divorce or file your own from scratch, you simply reply to the ball she already started rolling. Heres how it works. Anything you dispute- like if it was between me and you, and I say I moved out on Jan 1 and you say no it was Jan 15, well we can argue about it. If we had lawyers then they could argue about it on our behalf. We could argue and negotiate and then well, it gets to the point where its clearly enough and no one is changing position. The court will step in at the end of the day (step 5) and ask each of us (if we had attnys the attnys would speak on our behalf's) and we would get an opportunity to present evidence on why we are "right" and give a little speech explaining our position and the judge would make a ruling. What they say goes. Period. They may compromise and rule it was Jan 7th. They may rule in my favor and say it was Jan 1 or rule in your favor for Jan 15th.

So its up to you to decide when responding to the divorce and "contesting" items - what is it that you are contesting? Is it worth arguing about? A big FYI for immigration purposes you can not have anything about fraud or abuse included in your divorce can cause you serious implications later on. A more minor implication can be signing off on a divorce stating you did not live together when you did because- remember when you sign the divorce you are making a sworn statement in a court of a law. Well, youd be making a false statement. Thats a big no no.

For a divorce perspective deciding what to contest and what to agree to, well thats a personal issue. I have no idea what kind of settlement she presented to you. Generally speaking in TX- Yes, it is a 50/50 state. But that simply means if you and she can not agree on what to do and the court needs to get involved they will split things acquired in the marriage 50/50. That doesnt mean that you cant come up with your own agreement with out going to the court that is not 50/50. If you are okay with being 60/40 the court will sign off on it. They dont seem to get involved if thats what you want to do. So you would present your separation agreement and if its what you are comfortable with and its not exactly 50-50 but you just want to move on- and so does she, then go ahead.

Here is some additional reading on it-

http://www.divorcesource.com/ds/texas/texas-divorce-laws-717.shtml

http://txdivorce.org/texas-divorce-process/

http://johnkgrubb.com/newsletters/step-by-step-divorce-process-in-texas

--------

Im going to guess she filed under maybe living apart? If she did then no no no, do not accept that filing. I would contest that. you can not have living apart because that is an untruth and you can not legally sign off on a lie.Insupportabilty then yeah we were just incompatible. But If you want to add a ground of adultery you can or choose to leave it off because she may choose to fight that as some people do want a tarnish like that following them. Thats your choice. How much do you want to fight?

So I would address the grounds she chose and correct them as I saw fit and desire to fight - and then address anything in her settlement keeping in mind the best I can get is 50/50 if it went to a judge.

Hmm okay

Lets start with the basics of divorce in Texas.

We are going to use this page as reference- http://www.womenslaw.org/laws_state_type.php?id=200&state_code=TX(as your spouse resided in TX so this is where you guys are filing)

You will see there are 7 potential grounds for filing and TX has a unique "community property" standard for dividing things. Not many places do this.

First though, lets go through the basics of procedure to get that out of the way and where you fall in the procedure/ what has/has not happened....

following along with the webpage referenced-

1st- meet residency- check. (your spouse does and she already served you)

2nd- pick a filing ground (what did she pick?)

3rd- serve your spouse (you mentioned meeting and getting the papers)

4th-contesting the divorce (this is where you are at!!) this is where if you disagree with anything you speak up "contesting the divorce"

5th-dividing of property and debt. This happens either out of court between yourselves either with or with out attnys and then presented to court or in the actual court if you cant agree and the judge will do it for you.

Thats it.

So its pretty easy. You are at step 4. As you can see there is no need to make your own divorce or file your own from scratch, you simply reply to the ball she already started rolling. Heres how it works. Anything you dispute- like if it was between me and you, and I say I moved out on Jan 1 and you say no it was Jan 15, well we can argue about it. If we had lawyers then they could argue about it on our behalf. We could argue and negotiate and then well, it gets to the point where its clearly enough and no one is changing position. The court will step in at the end of the day (step 5) and ask each of us (if we had attnys the attnys would speak on our behalf's) and we would get an opportunity to present evidence on why we are "right" and give a little speech explaining our position and the judge would make a ruling. What they say goes. Period. They may compromise and rule it was Jan 7th. They may rule in my favor and say it was Jan 1 or rule in your favor for Jan 15th.

So its up to you to decide when responding to the divorce and "contesting" items - what is it that you are contesting? Is it worth arguing about? A big FYI for immigration purposes you can not have anything about fraud or abuse included in your divorce can cause you serious implications later on. A more minor implication can be signing off on a divorce stating you did not live together when you did because- remember when you sign the divorce you are making a sworn statement in a court of a law. Well, youd be making a false statement. Thats a big no no.

For a divorce perspective deciding what to contest and what to agree to, well thats a personal issue. I have no idea what kind of settlement she presented to you. Generally speaking in TX- Yes, it is a 50/50 state. But that simply means if you and she can not agree on what to do and the court needs to get involved they will split things acquired in the marriage 50/50. That doesnt mean that you cant come up with your own agreement with out going to the court that is not 50/50. If you are okay with being 60/40 the court will sign off on it. They dont seem to get involved if thats what you want to do. So you would present your separation agreement and if its what you are comfortable with and its not exactly 50-50 but you just want to move on- and so does she, then go ahead.

Here is some additional reading on it-

http://www.divorcesource.com/ds/texas/texas-divorce-laws-717.shtml

http://txdivorce.org/texas-divorce-process/

http://johnkgrubb.com/newsletters/step-by-step-divorce-process-in-texas

--------

Im going to guess she filed under maybe living apart? If she did then no no no, do not accept that filing. I would contest that. you can not have living apart because that is an untruth and you can not legally sign off on a lie.Insupportabilty then yeah we were just incompatible. But If you want to add a ground of adultery you can or choose to leave it off because she may choose to fight that as some people do want a tarnish like that following them. Thats your choice. How much do you want to fight?

So I would address the grounds she chose and correct them as I saw fit and desire to fight - and then address anything in her settlement keeping in mind the best I can get is 50/50 if it went to a judge.

Oh Thanks Damara, Well I asked attorney and she told me that, I don't have to share anything with her, because she didn't lived with me for 10 years. In case if she needs any share or give alimony to my wife, she has to live with me. She herself is claiming in divorce papers that she never lived with me. I am going to fight for this, because actually she lived with me in Singapore and during her stay in Singapore she used lot of money too. It's good that I asked her to give me back engagement ring and wedding rings, otherwise she would have sold that too. Most of what you said is very true and that's how attorney is telling me to do. Also attorney told me to file a divorce if she is not filling in 2 months. Thanks a lot.

Timeline

Never heard of the 10 year rule, certainly not hat way in my State.

10 years. are you sure?

10 years. are you sure?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Today I went to DPS ( for DRIVING LICENCE). I subscribed on computer screen over there. The lady told me that she cannot issue a licence because I don't have either social security or Green Card. I told her that immigration told me that stamp I have is good enough to get a driving licence or job. She told me that immigration people don't work here. We do not accepts passport stamp. Is anyone suggest me what to do. I am expecting my social security next week , but I really need a car. Cabs are too expensive here. I would like to buy a car of couple of thousand, which could be good enough for a year. Why are they not accepting stamp.

Timeline

Welcome to America.

Never heard of the 10 year rule, certainly not hat way in my State.

10 years. are you sure?

10 years. are you sure?

Well that's what attorney told me but if there is any confusion I will check with attorney one more time. Attorney told me to tell my wife that you are not going to sign the papers and I need to ask her to send court notification at my address. I will reply to that notification or get an attorney to reply that. In this way, she can't claim any thing or would give any wrong information about me in my absence. Attorney also told if she wants to do it in simple way, but when court grant divorce at that time if judge ask her if she wants me to pay her debt and if she yes to this I need to pay it. Since, she had committed an adultery, I can challenge this and say no to it. In addition to this, if the relation with her boyfriend results in birth of a child and they broke relationship and she claims my child, I might paying up child support till it is been proven it is not my child ( I need to challenge that too if our divorce takes too long). So it is very important that I need to provide answer to a divorce notification from court.

Attorney told me, "since, it is a community state, so property has to be divided in to 50/50 provided , she lived with me for 10 years, in the 11th year she can claim for 50/50. I have bought property in 2011 but it is on my Mom's name. I have several stocks in my father's account. I do not personally operate my stock account because of lack of time. My parents are the people I trust most. I have done big mistake of trusting my wife, who suck my life.

Attorney told me there is nothing like alimony in this state, which is really good, because we never had prenuptial agreement signed.

OMG this too much. I hope, whatever attorney told me is true. Well will work on understanding more. I don't know when I will live in peace and a settle life. I hate my wife a lot.

Post removed to edit an unacceptable word and returned to thread as follows:

I am very sorry for that. I should have paid attention while writing a post. Well it won't happen, again.

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

If you have a smartphone, you should look into uber. It's cheaper than a cab. If you have a Singapore driver's license, it's valid for at least 60 days after you get in the country (I think the rule is 90 days in TX). It'll be hard for you to get a car loan without a SSN, but if you're paying cash, you surely can stop by a used car dealer and get a car. They'll need your address and your ID, but they won't ask for a SSN. I think you can register your car with your Singapore driver's license as well.

May 29th, 2015 - Sent AOS package

June 1, 2015 - Package received by USCIS

June 4, 2015 - Biometrics Fee Accepted

June 20, 2015 - Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

June 30, 2015 - Biometrics Appointment

August 6, 2015 - I-131 approved

August 6, 2015 - Your card was ordered

August 7, 2015 - I-765 approved

August 20, 2015 - EAD received

If you have a smartphone, you should look into uber. It's cheaper than a cab. If you have a Singapore driver's license, it's valid for at least 60 days after you get in the country (I think the rule is 90 days in TX). It'll be hard for you to get a car loan without a SSN, but if you're paying cash, you surely can stop by a used car dealer and get a car. They'll need your address and your ID, but they won't ask for a SSN. I think you can register your car with your Singapore driver's license as well.

Yeah that's what I am thinking to do. Well but I was so amazed that DPS is not accepting immigration stamp. Well immigration shouldn't be claiming of Getting job or driving licence. Well I am not worried job. I will use singapore licence though.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

The DMV gave me a hard time as well when I tried to get my license when I first came to the U.S. I Ended up printing out the regulation that said that I can get a license even before getting my greencard.

Maybe you can try that too, as the stamp acts as your greencard until your actual card arrives in the mail. some people have never seen or heard of all this immigration stuff and they go simply by what they know. I'd try again if you don't want to wait until one of your cards bc or social security) shows up in the mail.

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

well thanks, I might have to try. My wife has my social security number, I entered United State of America on 22nd Evening, on Saturday, Sunday & Monday, there was a long weekend and I end up going to social security office on 28th to give update about my address. Now, unfortunately I didn't had any permanent address as you all guys knows ( I was staying in a motel), Well Social Security Card went to my wife's address. She did told me that she will mail me tomorrow, but I started arguing and asking her to come over and take social security card personally from her, because I was afraid that my wife or her boyfriend might use my identity and may use it for wrong purpose and it is dangerous that it again coming by mail. She told me that if I come to her place then she will tear my social security card. She sworn she will after an argument on the phone text. I know I have been stupid on the phone text when she told me I should have said yes, but what I am going through for that I taken out my frustration on her and at the end again I am in lose. I really don't know why it went to her address when I updated address with social security card. So I would seek an advice that what I do , Should I wait for my wife to mail me or should I wait for another social security card for which I updated information on 28th of May. Everyday is like very stressful. Honestly I am not in mood of apologizing to her.

Do I need to ask social Security office that they mailed me a card with updated address or not??? or

Do I need to tell Social Security Office that I didn't received any card yet (in case my wife don't give me card)? or

In case if my wife give me card, I did not receive card with updated address what should I do? Do I again has to go to social security office to tell them to change the address?

oh oh oh my my , I am too confused with everything. Please help me.

Thanks a lot.

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

I doubt SSA sent a second one to the new address. You should text your ex-wife to get the social security number. You don't need the physical card for most things. For example, you should be able to enter payroll in your work and start working. If your wife said she's going to mail it to you, wait for it at least another two weeks before going to SS office.

If you go now and tell them you didn't received it yet, they'll probably tell you to wait because it's still on the mail. And if you tell them your ex-wife stole it, they'll tell you to go to the cops.

If you have the SS number it'll be easier to get a second copy of the card, but without the number, I hope you didn't trash the letter they gave you when you applied in the office because you'll probably need it.

May 29th, 2015 - Sent AOS package

June 1, 2015 - Package received by USCIS

June 4, 2015 - Biometrics Fee Accepted

June 20, 2015 - Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

June 30, 2015 - Biometrics Appointment

August 6, 2015 - I-131 approved

August 6, 2015 - Your card was ordered

August 7, 2015 - I-765 approved

August 20, 2015 - EAD received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.