4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Got my notice to do my finger prints Monday. I'm a little nervous, I don't know why. Maybe some of you who have gone through the process can chime in and tell me a little about the experience? I'd really appreciate! Thanks!!

Oh, and do you think it's okay if I bring my son with me? He doesn't get printed but it's too long to leave him home with a sitter.

You have nothing to worry about. The whole thing lasts less than 10 minutes really. Just fingerprinting, they take your picture, and its over. Its anti-climactic really. We drove over 2 hours for it and it was done so fast. I'm sure you can bring your son but it really wont take long at all and he will be fine with the sitter for 20mins max.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I can only confirm what Mrs. Regie said. It was done in less than 10 minutes. Everyone was very friendly. Nothing to be nervous about.

As for bringing your son, the requirements are different from place to place, so you may want to check with your local office. My local office had no problems with letting my father-in-law in (who was taking me to the appointment at that time), but I have heard of other offices that only let the actual applicant in. Not sure about kids, though.

Edited by HK12

K1 Visa
Feb. 29, 2012: I-129F sent
March 8, 2012: NOA1 (VSC)
August 30, 2012: NOA2
Oct. 1, 2012: Packet 3 received
Nov. 3, 2012: Packet 4 received
Nov. 15, 2012: Interview - approved!
Jan. 18, 2013: POE New York Seaport
Feb. 2, 2013: Wedding

AOS
March 6, 2013: AOS Package sent
March 12, 2013: I-485, I-765, I-131 NOA's
March 29, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

May 10, 2013: EAD/AP approved
Sept. 5, 2013: "Potential Interview Waiver Case" letter received
Nov. 2, 2013: AOS approved (no interview)

ROC
Aug. 4, 2015: I-751 sent
Aug. 6, 2015: NOA1 (CSC)
Sept. 4, 2015: Biometrics Appointment
Feb. 10, 2016: ROC approved

Dual Citizenship
Aug. 26, 2016: BBG application sent (permit to retain German citizenship)
Nov. 21, 2016: BBG approval notice received (p/u at German Honorary Consulate, OKC: Feb. 6, 2017)
Dec. 8, 2016: N-400 sent
Dec. 12, 2016: Priority Date (NBC)

Jan. 9, 2017: Biometrics Appointment

Aug. 31, 2017: In-Line for Interview

Sept. 6, 2017: Interview Scheduled

Oct. 16, 2017: Interview

Oct. 25, 2017: Oath Appointment Letter received

Nov. 1, 2017: Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.