Cassia&Jason

I got my EAD. It means I will get my GC soon?

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats on your EAD. We applied for AOS July 2014 and got our EAD within the 3 months time. We were just about to file for our EAD/AP renewal just to be safe, because our GC wasn't approved after our interview (they didn't receive the sealed envelope at their local office by the time of our interview). We just got notice that it's in production and we will receive it within 30 days. This would've been 10-11 months since filing for AOS.

AOS

July 05 - AOS package sent

July 14 - NOA 1

July 25 - Biometrics Appointment Letter

July 28 - Walk in Biometrics successful

Aug 27 - Request for Expedite on EAD (Job Offer)

Sept 12 - EAD approved and in production

Sept 12 - AP is approved but USCIS status is in 'Post Decision Activity'

Sept 18 - EAD marked as mailed

April 09 - Interview - Delayed due to sealed package from civil surgeon not at local office

May 07 - GC in production

May 18 - GC in hand!!!

Feb 9 - ROC 

Feb 14 - Check Cashed

Feb 16 - NOA 1

Feb 25 - Received Biometrics Appointment

April 10 - N400 Application

April 29 - Biometrics

January 29 - Combo Interview / Recommendation for Approval 

February 20 - Oath Ceremony - NATURALIZED 

Hello!

Today I checked my status online and saw that they mailed my EAD today. It means I will get my GC soon? I have a friend who got her work permit last week and the GC this week, without interview. Is that possible?

Thanks! :)

Congrats on EAD & hopefully not too many more months waiting for GC.

And on a side note, it's amazing to me how little 90DF actually shows about the actual process, as opposed to drama. So many people would get a false representation of the actual Fiance Visa process if they only watched the show & never did any other research on sites like this one. I enjoyed watching you 2 though.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

And on a side note, it's amazing to me how little 90DF actually shows about the actual process, as opposed to drama. So many people would get a false representation of the actual Fiance Visa process if they only watched the show & never did any other research on sites like this one. I enjoyed watching you 2 though.

Yeah. I honestly do not agree how they seem to portray that people get 90 days to decide to get married. As far as I am concerned, you should've decided this long ago seeing as you applied as someone's FIANCE(E) and you sent a letter of intent to marry. Also, they show some women working before/right after getting married without explaining if they filed for AOS, thus setting the wrong expectation that you can work whenever. And yeah, of course, the drama. The show made me roll my eyes so much that I just stopped watching all together for fear of going blind LOL

Hello!

Today I checked my status online and saw that they mailed my EAD today. It means I will get my GC soon? I have a friend who got her work permit last week and the GC this week, without interview. Is that possible?

Nope that means you will get your EAD soon. Usually takes a couple days since they send it priority mail. It's really hard to say when you will get your GC. My wife got her EAD back in November, and 8 months after filing her AOS she still does not have her GC. We got the waiver letter in January.

Hi, I applied the first time in October and looks like they always wanted some kind of document. Then, after we send the documents they asked for, they changed my status saying they mailed my EAD. It was a relief. At least I can start living my life and help my husband to pay the bills!

That is the plus about getting the EAD! At least you can start working and have a somewhat normal life...even though still waiting for the GC.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Nope, usually takes at least 2-3 months! My GC arrived 6 months after I got my EAD...

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Nope, usually takes at least 2-3 months! My GC arrived 6 months after I got my EAD...

What takes 2-3 months?

Edited by iammrsregie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

What takes 2-3 months?

The green card usually takes at least 2-3 months after the EAD is issue. In my case it took 6 months

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks! I got my EAD today. They are fast! They mailed yesterday and I got it today. Jason says we have good karma, which I am starting to believe!

90DF is just sad, it is a shame for K-1 holders. They said they would tell people about how is the K-1 visa process. I didn't know of the show because we didn't have in Brazil. Jason asked me "please lets do it" and I did. I think it was a big mistake. I wish they didn't have a third season. Looks like they will.

Timeline

So, it's what I am thinking, but this friend of mine got her EAD last week and GC this week. Sounds crazy, but I think it can happen to some people!

Plus, they said I will get a response or "status update" by June 2nd. But I don't want to wait! Haha

Edited by Cassia&Jason

Timeline

Nope that means you will get your EAD soon. Usually takes a couple days since they send it priority mail. It's really hard to say when you will get your GC. My wife got her EAD back in November, and 8 months after filing her AOS she still does not have her GC. We got the waiver letter in January.

That is the plus about getting the EAD! At least you can start working and have a somewhat normal life...even though still waiting for the GC.

Ohhh, that's cool! So, I got my EAD in the mail today. Looks like they work fast, haha. I want to open, but my husband is not home and I want to wait for him. This is a very special moment!

So, do you think that since I got my EAD they would send me the waiver letter too? Because I don't think they would give me permission to work and not send my GC right after.I feel I will get it soon! :)

Do you think that changes something not having the GC? I think the only bad thing is that we get to carry our passport aaaaaall the time! Haha

Thank you!

Hello!

Unrelated. I waited for a year after I got the EAD for the GC (and had an interview too, despite getting two interview waiver notice letters).

event.png

Timeline

Yeah. I honestly do not agree how they seem to portray that people get 90 days to decide to get married. As far as I am concerned, you should've decided this long ago seeing as you applied as someone's FIANCE(E) and you sent a letter of intent to marry. Also, they show some women working before/right after getting married without explaining if they filed for AOS, thus setting the wrong expectation that you can work whenever. And yeah, of course, the drama. The show made me roll my eyes so much that I just stopped watching all together for fear of going blind LOL

Yes, that's a big mistake. I see a lot of people tweeting "they are strangers getting married". Can we blame them for thinking like that? Is what the TV shows. 90 Day Fiance did a disservice to us. People don't understand about K-1 that much. After this show, it got much worse! We have 90 days to get everything ready, we don't have 90 days to know the other person and decide to get married. That's a big lie that they should feel ashamed of telling.

Hahaha I didn't watch the show either, just some few parts. But it was not something I was proud to watch, especially after the Skype talk I had with Jason. When we saw that, we said "OMG" because they cut the conversation to create another completely different! The editing team deserve a prize.

Edited by Cassia&Jason

Timeline

Unrelated. I waited for a year after I got the EAD for the GC (and had an interview too, despite getting two interview waiver notice letters).

Woooooow! Really? They sent you two letters and you still got an interview? Sometimes it looks very complicated!

Ohhh, that's cool! So, I got my EAD in the mail today. Looks like they work fast, haha. I want to open, but my husband is not home and I want to wait for him. This is a very special moment!

So, do you think that since I got my EAD they would send me the waiver letter too? Because I don't think they would give me permission to work and not send my GC right after.I feel I will get it soon! :)

Do you think that changes something not having the GC? I think the only bad thing is that we get to carry our passport aaaaaall the time! Haha

Thank you!

The EAD and green card are processed differently so getting one doesnt mean the other is on the way. They are unrelated.

You dont have to carry your passport all the time. You can use your EAD for your ID now.

Hopefully you wont have to wait long for your GC.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

My wife got her EAD about two months ago and still no word about interview or interview waiver. I think it typically takes about 3-5 months after EAD if you're going to have an interview and around a year if you get a waiver.

Also, I loved you and Jason on 90DF! I wish you two the best :D

Edited by valverdeveslings

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.