G-J

Letter from US Embassy Singapo

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I received letter from US EMBASSY here in Singapore. I this is what they call "Packet 3" with the intructions what do I need to do and requirements I need to gather. But I am confuse with the intructions saying do not send it to the office these are the things during the interview on the otherhand it says send the checklist together with the payslip. I am confuse now. Can some help me. Thanks in advance.

I received letter from US EMBASSY here in Singapore. I this is what they call "Packet 3" with the intructions what do I need to do and requirements I need to gather. But I am confuse with the intructions saying do not send it to the office these are the things during the interview on the otherhand it says send the checklist together with the payslip. I am confuse now. Can some help me. Thanks in advance.

I suppose your packet 3 checklist is the same / similar as shown in this thread post:

http://www.visajourn...read/?p=6674077

According to the instructions, you should obtain all the documents in the checklist.

Once you have all the documents in hand, send in the completed form DS-230, the checklist with boxes marked and signed the attached "Applicant Statement".

You ONLY submit the documents listed in the checklist by hand on your day of the interview itself.

After the US Consulate receive your completed form DS-230, they will schedule you an interview date.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Timeline

I suppose your packet 3 checklist is the same / similar as shown in this thread post:

http://www.visajourn...read/?p=6674077

According to the instructions, you should obtain all the documents in the checklist.

Once you have all the documents in hand, send in the completed form DS-230, the checklist with boxes marked and signed the attached "Applicant Statement".

You ONLY submit the documents listed in the checklist by hand on your day of the interview itself.

After the US Consulate receive your completed form DS-230, they will schedule you an interview date.

But mine was different i need to complete DS160

Edited by giljen

Ok, Then you should complete the DS-160 form.

Follow this thread here. It has more info you need for the Singapore K1 visa.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/463628-singapore-k1s/

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Timeline

Ok, Then you should complete the DS-160 form.

Follow this thread here. It has more info you need for the Singapore K1 visa.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/463628-singapore-k1s/[/quot

The forms on link were exactly the same as mine. Thanks really appreciates it! ?

Edited by giljen

Timeline

Hello!

I just completed my interview today at US Embassy, Singapore.

You need to send them the checklist as it is without ticking or marking anything, signed form, original MRV receipt (keep a photocopy for your records) and DS160 confirmation print out (print one more for your record).

K1

08/Jan/2015 - I129F sent to Dallas

14/Jan/2015 - Email received - case has been accepted and routed to CSC - NOA1

18/Feb/2015 - Case Approved on USCIS - NOA2

04/Mar/2015 - NVC received the case

13/Mar/2015 - Singapore Embassy received the case

19/Mar/2015 - Packet 3 Received

20/Mar/2015 - Packet 3 Sent

AOS/ AP/ EAD

18/Jul/2015 - I-485/I-131/I-765 filed

24/Jul/2015 - NOA for all 3

24/Aug/2015 - Biometrics done but it was originally scheduled for 17/Aug/2015

Timeline

Hello!

I just completed my interview today at US Embassy, Singapore.

You need to send them the checklist as it is without ticking or marking anything, signed form, original MRV receipt (keep a photocopy for your records) and DS160 confirmation print out (print one more for your record).

this letter? i don't have to sign or write anything just send it as it is, together with MVR, DS160?

post-204327-0-88464000-1431105298_thumb.jpg

Timeline

This letter, you do have to sign and write other details as per questions asked. The checklist is the other page where it says that you need to arrange passport, affidavit of support, police certs, military records etc.

K1

08/Jan/2015 - I129F sent to Dallas

14/Jan/2015 - Email received - case has been accepted and routed to CSC - NOA1

18/Feb/2015 - Case Approved on USCIS - NOA2

04/Mar/2015 - NVC received the case

13/Mar/2015 - Singapore Embassy received the case

19/Mar/2015 - Packet 3 Received

20/Mar/2015 - Packet 3 Sent

AOS/ AP/ EAD

18/Jul/2015 - I-485/I-131/I-765 filed

24/Jul/2015 - NOA for all 3

24/Aug/2015 - Biometrics done but it was originally scheduled for 17/Aug/2015

• 1 month later...
Timeline

hi, how long did you wait for your appointment letter from the time you sent your checklist?

sent my checklist last 28 May and still havent heard from the embassy. :(

sent my checklist May 9 received the appointment letter May 22. Just wait you'll receive it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.