marriedguy

Very urgent got Checklist need answer quick (merged)

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

XXXXXXXXX NAME Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, & Financial Evidence
Checklist)
Please review the instructions below then refer to the final page of this checklist for mailing
instructions.
[x] I-864, Affidavit of Support Checklist
[x] The Affidavit of Support is an important legal contract between you and the U.S. government. During our review,
we identified one or more sections that were either incomplete or contained incorrect information. Please review the
additional instructions below then complete and submit a new Affidavit of Support. You can download the I-864 form and
instructions at http://www.uscis.gov/i-864.
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x] In Part 5. Sponsor's Household Size, please correct the following...
[x] Item 8. The household size must equal the sum of items 1 through 7.

What should i put, is it only one check list ? ITEM 8 ??? just confused :(((

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

If item 8 is the only thing checked fixed it and send all pages of the affidavit back they don't need all the supporting documents they have them already .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

You should send a new I-864 with the correct total amount of people in the household under item 8.

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

For such a minor error I would call the NVC and plead for a case complete and that you will bring the amended form to your interview.

Good luck

Timeline

For such a minor error I would call the NVC and plead for a case complete and that you will bring the amended form to your interview.

Aren't NVC just so ridiculous. A checklist because someone forgets to add up the total household size, even though they see the numbers there.

Good luck

Fill out a new I-864 with correct information and send it with all the supporting documents AGAIN even though USCIS have all those documents...because otherwise it might again cause some problems.

NVC already have all OP's supporting documents from when he sent them to NVC the first time around with his original I-864. No need to do that again. All OP have to do is send a new I-864 with the correct total amount, exactly what they're asking for.

Met online October 2010

USCIS Stage

NVC Stage

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Embassy Stage

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

Timeline

i should put 2 there or 3 ?

5.3 if you are married ENTER 1 or should i leave this 0 ??

You don't count anyone twice. If your spouse is the intended immigrant then you put 1 under 5.1 and leave 5.3 blank. You put yourself under 5.2. Is there anyone else in your household except for you and the intended immigrant? Total number goes under 5.8 Edited by mallafri76

Met online October 2010

USCIS Stage

NVC Stage

Embassy Stage

In the US

Dear XXX:
We reviewed the documents you submitted to us. This letter has a list of documents that are missing or
that need additional information. Please review the instructions and send us the required information. If
you do not provide this information, it will delay your immigrant visa interview.
If you have any questions about this letter, please send us an email at asknvc@state.gov or call us at
(603) 334-0700 between 7:00am and 12 midnight U.S. Eastern Time.
When you send us your response, include a copy of this letter. Also, clearly write your case number
on the upper right-hand corner of every document you send.
After you email or mail the requested information, allow us 45 days to review your response. When we
complete our review, we will send you information about the next processing step.

Please review the instructions below then refer to the final page of this checklist for mailing
instructions.
[x] The Affidavit of Support is an important legal contract between you and the U.S. government. During our review,
we identified one or more sections that were either incomplete or contained incorrect information. Please review the
additional instructions below then complete and submit a new Affidavit of Support. You can download the I-864 form and
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x]

I will submit just this doc, do not want to confuse them.

I put 2 in the totals, I hope I am right.

Edited by marriedguy

______F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:______________________________________
We reviewed your I-864, I-864EZ, I-864W or I-864A Affidavit of Support form and supporting financial
documents. We found that you didn't provide all the necessary supporting documents or you had
incomplete information or you missed some questions on the Affidavit of Support form(s).
On the attached Affidavit of Support checklist, we have put an "X" by each item you need to correct.
You must send additional financial supporting documents or complete and submit a new form with the
corrections noted on the attached checklist, or both. You will need to go to the Department of State's
website at http://nvc.state.gov/aosand follow the instructions for the Affidavit of Support form(s). From
there, you can fill out a new form online, then print and send it to the NVC. Please read all instructions
and send the necessary forms and supporting documents to the NVC. We require an Affidavit of Support
form for each case regardless of your income level.
Your case is on hold until you send us the items we need. When you return the documents to the NVC,
please make sure that the documents are in the correct order and stapled together, as stated in the I-864
Important Notice instructions.
When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this
letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar
code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the
address provided.
XXXXXXX NAME Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, & Financial Evidence
Checklist)
instructions.
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x]

This means I have to correct only one mistake right ?

what is this ?

______F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:______________________________________

I have to provide financial evidence ? or is it talking about i-864 ?

Edited by marriedguy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.