8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

I'm applying for adjustment of status and I have 2 doubts about the form G-325A to provide:

1. My date of entry in the U.S. was on March and we got married on April. Now, where it says "Applicant's residence last five years. List present address first.", should I state from March or April about the actual address in the U.S.?

If it can help, on our property lease agreement, bills, etc, I have been added on April.

2. I stopped to work on March to fly here in the U.S. to get married. Where it says "Applicant's employment last five years. (If none, so state.) List present employment first.", is it fine if I state "none (applying for Employment Authorization in the U.S.)" because I'm going to fill also the form I-765? Or should I state just "none" or "unemployed"?

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You list the address where you have been living since in the US. So, from March when you arrived, until now in the present would be the address where you are currently living.

You list the last 5 years of employment, so None would not be answer for you, as you just stated you worked up until arriving in the US. Your current employment from March until present is Unemployed. Then, list the rest of your employment history for the last 5 years.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Timeline

Ops, that wasn't my last question :bonk:

It's not possible to edit the messages, so I have to write another one.

I will send the form G-325A for my wife too (the sponsor). I know it's not required, but I want to send it anyway (just as a doc more about her name change and all her data in a simple sheet easy to read).

Where it says "This form is submitted in connection with an application for:", what should I state?

For sure I have to tick "Other (Specify)", but I'm not sure about what to specify. I thought to state form I-864 because she will fill that, but then I thought maybe it's better to state form I-485 because it's in relation to that.

Any help?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just another question: where it says "Full Name and Address of Employer", I state "None", right? Being unemployed from March to present.

Thanks

No. You simply put Unemployed in that field. Occupation would be left blank.

Ops, that wasn't my last question :bonk:

It's not possible to edit the messages, so I have to write another one.

I will send the form G-325A for my wife too (the sponsor). I know it's not required, but I want to send it anyway (just as a doc more about her name change and all her data in a simple sheet easy to read).

Where it says "This form is submitted in connection with an application for:", what should I state?

For sure I have to tick "Other (Specify)", but I'm not sure about what to specify. I thought to state form I-864 because she will fill that, but then I thought maybe it's better to state form I-485 because it's in relation to that.

Any help?

The G-325A is only required by the person that is actually applying for adjustment of status. They are the one that fills out the I-485 and must supply the required supporting documents for it. The only thing the USC petitioner/sponsor needs to provide is the I-864 and its supporting documentation. They don't fill out any form that requires the G-325A.

If you really want to send it anyway, then put the same answer as for yours, "Status as Permanent Resident" since you are sending it to go along with your I-485 application.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Any help?

Don't send in the G-325A for your wife. It is not required and likely won't even be looked at as it is not relevant to the AOS application. Why would you want to send a doc about her name change? The AOS application isn't about her, it's about YOU.

And the G-325A is submitted with your AOS application, not with your wife's I-864. The I-864, just like the G-325A, is a supporting document of the I-485 application. As such, the correct option is: STATUS AS PERMANENT RESIDENT

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.