Janelle2002

Confederate Flag Prom Photo With Gun-Toting High Schoolers Backfires

421 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

just a gun.

and the article stated they were holding assault rifles. the one on the right is a deer rifle, only the most rabid gun banner would classify it as an assault rifle.

One of the reasons that people want to ban guns is because people insist on using them in outlandish and 'out there' ways.

Its very difficult to look at a photo like the one in the OP and not think that everyone involved is in dire need of a mental health assessment or a custodial sentence.

Edited by Venkman

One of the reasons that people want to ban guns is because people insist on using them in outlandish and 'out there' ways.

Its very difficult to look at a photo like the one in the OP and not think that everyone involved is in dire need of a mental health assessment or a custodial sentence.

you should come along with janelle and visit..this is pretty common here. and i'm only an hour outside DC.

you should come along with janelle and visit..this is pretty common here. and i'm only an hour outside DC.

Hillbilly!

Hillbilly!

it's weird how the culture changes so quickly, i'm not saying everybody here is racist..because the majority of people who flaunt the confederate flag do really believe it's about history. lots of cw reenactors and battlesites, etc etc. the gun thing, well that's all about hunting.

I moved to Texas so I could move away from Mississippi. Little did I know.... I don't need to visit, I'm scared.

I moved to Texas so I could move away from Mississippi. Little did I know.... I don't need to visit, I'm scared.

pffft, you went to texas to get away from mississippi?? what's the difference, except texas has bigger critters?

it's weird how the culture changes so quickly, i'm not saying everybody here is racist..because the majority of people who flaunt the confederate flag do really believe it's about history. lots of cw reenactors and battlesites, etc etc. the gun thing, well that's all about hunting.

You can recognize ur history without flaunting the negative aspects of it. Could you imagine what would happen if Native Americans road around with fake scalps tied to the american flag on their trucks and cars?

pffft, you went to texas to get away from mississippi?? what's the difference, except texas has bigger critters?

It's warmer....

You can recognize ur history without flaunting the negative aspects of it. Could you imagine what would happen if Native Americans road around with fake scalps tied to the american flag on their trucks and cars?

i wish native americans would ride around with real scalps tied to the american flag, that would be awesome. damn the man.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

That's not a conclusion that's much too far from reality, if you consider the paradox: If guns don't kill, how come the nutters are so vocal about having them for protection?

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i'm more inclined to think that any who does think that is in need of the same.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i'm more inclined to think that any who does think that is in need of the same.

Well it's quite simple. There are people who pose with guns in photos next flags synonymous with slavery and racism and then there are people who don't do those things.

You can say that the flag doesn't mean what others think it means and that posing for a photo with a gun against an such an image with such controversial associations is entirely innocent - but it is a minority view, and not one that even people in your own country can agree on.