sunani

Updating Documents Sent to NVC

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

We submitted the AOS and civil documents to the NVC (email processing) on April 24th and received a confirmation email. My wife's PD is Dec 13, 2013 - so if the monthly movement trend in the visa bulletin continues she will hopefully have her interview in September assuming we get to case complete before then.

However I recently stumbled upon this guide: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Under step 9 it says to never leave anything blank which unfortunately I did in the AOS form for residence address (since it is the same as my mailing address). In addition, for Part 19 of the I864EZ for the 3rd most recent tax year (2012) I left income blank as I became a GC holder in 2013 so didn't have to file taxes in 2012 in the US. I added a supplemental page to explain this and provided a copy of my Canadian tax return (and the USD equivalent) none the less.

However based on that guide above I am thinking I should resend the I864EZ and put in N/A for anything that doesn't apply including the 2012 taxable income amount (should I put in my USD converted Canadian taxable income in this line?). I'm thinking it makes sense to send it now and lose the two weeks vs. potentially getting a checklist 1.5 months from now for having blanks.

Lastly - is it ok for me to just send only the I864 form again to the NVC? I'm assuming I don't need to include the whole package again such as the tax transcripts, etc.

Thanks.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

You can not do anything right now so just wait for RFE or checklist. Sometimes they will ask you to bring updated 864 form at interview.

11/27/2013 - Priority Date

04/01/2015 - I-130 Approved

04/21/2015 - NVC received Case

04/29/2015 - DS261 filled

05/02/2015 - Case under CSPA review

06/04/2015 - Supervisor review Initiated-Wait 42 days

I was under the impression I can send an updated file? Maybe I should call the NVC.

The worry I have is that by not doing anything I will get a checklist email in 1-2 months and unnecessarily delay my wife's interview date. Especially as her PD is getting close.

Called NVC. They said the original may be fine but for peace of mind send it again with N/A and it will take 45 days to review.

I don't need to wait for a checklist and I only need to include the form and none of the supporting documents since they already have them. Hopefully that is useful info for anyone else reading this.

Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.