12 posts in this topic

It's easy to get frustrated, and I don't mean to sound harsh - but try and remember a visa is a privilege - not a right, and there's nothing you can do at this point to speed it up. Accept that, try not to worry and save yourself a lot of stress! Every day you're a day closer to being done with it.

Best of luck to you.

Now chronicling my experience in handy blog format at

http://the-shipping-forecast.tumblr.com/

Really, why are you angry? That is how long most of us waited who got sent to Nebraska. It is what it is.

In actuality, NSC always seems to be working on cases about a month ahead of whatever they say in my opinion...

The good news is that NVC has sped up dramatically...cutting at least a month off their processing time. When we were sent to the NVC at the beginning of January I was hoping for an interview by mid-July, and possible entry to USA in late August. Due to some lucky breaks and faster processing time, the interview is in 2 days!!!

My attitude has always been plan for the longest possible processing time, but hope for the shortest! Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Please see the most RECENT thread: DECEMBER Filers

Because I have read at least 6 people who were sent to Nebraska and were given NOA2 with a submission date of December. NSC seems to average 5-6months, though as your post proves: Some get it faster and some cases are a little slower. I am sending good vibes your way! I am placing bets that this week or next week you will also receive your noa2 =)

Good Luck! My NOA1 is 1/8/15. So I am really really REALLY hoping that we get our noa2 mid-june. Positive thoughts!

PETITION I-130

1/2/2015 - Petition sent to Phoenix Lockbox

1/6/2015 - NOA #1 Receipt

7/1/2015 - NOA #2 Approved

7/10/2015 - Email from Nebraska stating sent the case to NVC

NVC

7/16/15 - Case Received by NVC

7/30/15 - Case number assigned

8/3/15 - DS-261 Agent available

8/4/15 - DS-261 Agent completed

8/4/15 - AOS fee available & paid

8/6/15 - Check cleared the bank & bar-code cover sheet now available

8/13/15 - AOS Packet & IV Packet sent to NVC by priority mail

8/15/15 - IV fee available & paid same day

8/17/15 - NVC received package

8/19/15 - Check cleared the bank & DS-260 available & DS-260 completed!!! ALSO, we received email notification from NVC that they received package on 8/17

- Case completed at NVC

- Case sent to Embassy on this date

EMBASSY

- Embassy received packet

- Wife received Packet 3/4 Instructions

- Medical appointment

- Interview

Point of Entry

- Enter Austin, Texas

Our case was sent to NSC on December 5th and May 5th when we check the case status online it shows "RFE" notice :crying: so that means they have been processing December cases right now.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/times

this seems accurate..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Our case was sent to NSC on December 5th and May 5th when we check the case status online it shows "RFE" notice :crying: so that means they have been processing December cases right now.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/times

this seems accurate..

Hey !!

You got RFE means someone actually touched your case file. Good sign

Remain optimistic and have patience ... :) Check the ranting of folks at TSC.. And thank god that you were not sent there :)

Good luck with the journey

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

THANKS everyone for reply. the reason i waana my husband here soon. coz i m going through with lot of stress these days .I came back here in april and after that i found it that i m pregnant after 9 week of pregnancy i had miscarriage, it is so heart breaking . I wish if i can expedite my case .that was my first baby and now its getting harder for me everyday.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Miscarriage is heartbreaking, I've been there. The cold hard truth about the government though is they don't see compassion in those kind of situations sadly, so I don't think your case would be expedited for that reason. It's hard, I know but time will heal you.

K1 Visa Timeline 01/30/2015- Engaged02/20/2015- I-129F petition filed03/12/2015- NOA 1 received04/02/2015- NOA 2 received!04/24/2014- Case sent from NVC to Consulate in Montreal04/27/2015- Called NVC to receive Case #05/04/2015- Emailed/mailed Packet 3 to Montreal05/13/2015- Consulate received Packet 305/20/2015- Packet 4 email06/12/2015- Medical06/25/2015- Interview-APPROVED07/08/2015- Visa issued07/14/2015- Visa in hand07/20/2015- POE Sarnia/Port Huron border<p>08/14/2015- wedding!

September 2015- Applied for AOS

September 30th- Biometrics Appointment

November 2015- Advanced Parole/ Employment Authorization Received

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline