vicks5721

pets buying or bringing them with you

62 posts in this topic

You do realize that if so many people continue doing this, with pets who are not support or service animals, eventually the rules WILL get tightened.

Just pay the extra money. American is charging me 125 to bring my cat as carry on from Toronto to Austin and I'm glad to pay.

People just can't claim and say their pets are pets service for disabled people. It has to be registered. And those pets are wearing a tag sign shows that they are pet service for disabled people. Because they are trained to do their jobs. Not just some random pets.

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

People just can't claim and say their pets are pets service for disabled people. It has to be registered. And those pets are wearing a tag sign shows that they are pet service for disabled people. Because they are trained to do their jobs. Not just some random pets.

Unfortunately, some people do as Vol suggested and, since legally you are not required to tell anyone what the animal's job is or went you have it, they just start threatening to sue. Lawsuits relating to disability are expensive and damage public image, both, so many companies will just allow the animal to travel or enter a space as a service animal. Unfortunately, this has resulted in several very embarrassing incidents over the years.

People do successfully do as VOL suggests, unfortunately. My favourite dog trainer used to have to campaign against it really hard.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Unfortunately, some people do as Vol suggested and, since legally you are not required to tell anyone what the animal's job is or went you have it, they just start threatening to sue. Lawsuits relating to disability are expensive and damage public image, both, so many companies will just allow the animal to travel or enter a space as a service animal. Unfortunately, this has resulted in several very embarrassing incidents over the years.

People do successfully do as VOL suggests, unfortunately. My favourite dog trainer used to have to campaign against it really hard.

I hate when someone takes advantage from- especially- people who have disability. What I learnt from a show I watched on cable that you have to show documents when you are claimed have a service pets who travels with you. It is mandatory to check this papers. I have no idea some people have abused this for their own benefits.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Timeline

I hate when someone takes advantage from- especially- people who have disability. What I learnt from a show I watched on cable that you have to show documents when you are claimed have a service pets who travels with you. It is mandatory to check this papers. I have no idea some people have abused this for their own benefits.

I used to work at a pet shop and this woman had an ill behaved golden retriever that liked to poopoo in our self grooming area every time she brought it in. She had actually forged papers and flew with the dog as a service dog. The poor dog was a very nervous animal and poopooed in fear on the flight. We had to call a local trainer to come seek her out and tell her off at that point because she was trying to get us to order illegal sedatives for the dog (which we could not do!) so she could try flying with it again. She had even found a place online that would forge the special tags and best for her poor dog. It's sadly not just the people who suffer when people pull such foolish stunts. The animals are not socialized or trained for what they are being expected to do and it's not healthy for them. The poor golden retriever was not suited, temperament wise, to be entering shops and going the places this woman took the dog and he ended up poopooing in many businesses before she was stopped, not just the airplane.

2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

I used to work at a pet shop and this woman had an ill behaved golden retriever that liked to poopoo in our self grooming area every time she brought it in. She had actually forged papers and flew with the dog as a service dog. The poor dog was a very nervous animal and poopooed in fear on the flight. We had to call a local trainer to come seek her out and tell her off at that point because she was trying to get us to order illegal sedatives for the dog (which we could not do!) so she could try flying with it again. She had even found a place online that would forge the special tags and best for her poor dog. It's sadly not just the people who suffer when people pull such foolish stunts. The animals are not socialized or trained for what they are being expected to do and it's not healthy for them. The poor golden retriever was not suited, temperament wise, to be entering shops and going the places this woman took the dog and he ended up poopooing in many businesses before she was stopped, not just the airplane.

It was horrible to do that just because this woman wanted an easy way. Poor dog had to suffer for that situation.

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Negative there is no national register in USA for that.

You can buy all the tags and service animal clothes for dogs you want online.......

Thank you for suggesting other people doing that. :rolleyes: . I bet many disabled people will going to cheers their happines on you.

This is my last replied to your posts. Enjoy your day!

You are encouraging people how to cheat the system.

:thumbs: .

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Timeline

VOL, we are talking about pets, which are different from service animals, emotional support animals and other working animals on a legal basis. What you are doing right now is borderline advocating fraud, possibly actually advocating fraud. If I wasn't on my phone, travelling, I would be reporting you.

March 13, 2014 Married!

VOL, we are talking about pets, which are different from service animals, emotional support animals and other working animals on a legal basis. What you are doing right now is borderline advocating fraud, possibly actually advocating fraud. If I wasn't on my phone, travelling, I would be reporting you.

He contradicted himself. His first post saying "just sued anyone if they asked what kind disability you have" (regardless if you have pet service or not) and then the other post saying" I was talking about service animal that can ride for free for emotional support".

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-us/special-travel-needs/disabilities/service-animals.html

We welcome trained service animals in the aircraft cabin. Trained service animals are different from emotional support animals in that they have been trained to perform a particular function or service to assist a passenger with a disability in the management of their disability.

Under most circumstances, we do not require passengers using trained service animals to provide additional documentation. However, it is expected that a service animal behave in public and follow the direction of its owner. In the rare event the animal doesnt behave, we may ask you additional questions about the training of your animal.

Just as any other passenger with a disability, you are entitled to any available seat in which you are qualified to use and your animal is expected to be seated in the floor space below your seat. No animals are allowed to occupy seats that are designed for passengers.

When booking your reservation, please ensure you have seat assignments before you hang up the phone. It is our responsibility to provide seating accommodation for passengers with disabilities at the first point of contact. If directed to get seats at the gate, please ask to be transferred to the CRO Desk for further direction.

As a passenger with a disability, you are always entitled to preboarding if you meet the check-in requirements and notify the gate agent of your intention to preboard.

Please understand that with larger service animals or passengers with multiple service animals, we may need to re-accommodate you if the animal encroaches on other passengers or extends into aisles, which would be a violation of FAA regulations.

Some locations (Hawaii, Great Britain, etc.) have quarantine laws for animals, or might not permit their entry at all. See Health Requirements for more information.

We, or your travel agent, will be able to help you find out what the requirements are for your destination. If you do have questions please let us know and wed be glad to assist you.

Emotional Support Animals and Psychiatric Service Animals:

Delta complies with the Air Carrier Access Act by allowing customers traveling with emotional support animals or psychiatric service animals to travel without charge with the following conditions:

Acceptance Guidelines

May or may not be trained to perform observable functions. However, the animal must be trained to behave properly in public settings as service animals do. Emotional support animals travel free of charge and the animal is exempt from cabin allotment. Like service animals, emotional support animals can be transported in the cabin.

Delta requires documentation (not more than one year old) on letterhead from a licensed mental health professional to be presented to an agent upon check in stating:

Title, address,, license number and phone number of mental health professional.

The passenger has a mental health related disability recognized in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual - 4th Edition.

That the passenger needs the emotional support or psychiatric service animal as an accommodation for air travel and/or for activity at the passenger's destination.

That the person listed in the letter is under the care of the assessing physician or mental health professional.

A kennel is not required for emotional support animals if they are fully trained and meet same requirements as a service animal. Passengers should ask to speak to the Complaint Resolution Office (CRO) if they encounter any issues while traveling with emotional support animals.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-us/special-travel-needs/disabilities/service-animals.html

Delta requires documentation (not more than one year old) on letterhead from a licensed mental health professional to be presented to an agent upon check in stating:

• Title, address,, license number and phone number of mental health professional.
  • The passenger has a mental health related disability recognized in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual - 4th Edition.
  • That the passenger needs the emotional support or psychiatric service animal as an accommodation for air travel and/or for activity at the passenger's destination.
  • That the person listed in the letter is under the care of the assessing physician or mental health professional.

All the 'normal' people should rush to their mental health doctor to get certified letter so that their pets qualify as 'service animals' to fly free. :rolleyes:

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Timeline

He contradicted himself. His first post saying "just sued anyone if they asked what kind disability you have" (regardless if you have pet service or not) and then the other post saying" I was talking about service animal that can ride for free for emotional support".

Negative and incorrect again. I never contradicted myself.

People are not allowed to ask you what your disability is if you are using a service animal, This is a federal Crime in the USA.

Go to any WalMart in the USA and the greeters are taught this day one, This is pretty much common knowledge in USA.........

• Title, address,, license number and phone number of mental health professional.
  • The passenger has a mental health related disability recognized in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual - 4th Edition.
  • That the passenger needs the emotional support or psychiatric service animal as an accommodation for air travel and/or for activity at the passenger's destination.
  • That the person listed in the letter is under the care of the assessing physician or mental health professional.

All the 'normal' people should rush to their mental health doctor to get certified letter so that their pets qualify as 'service animals' to fly free. :rolleyes:

He quoted something that all most people can read on Delta website. But thank you for quoting this as a counter back what he saying that "people can buy any tag and clothing for pet service online" to get their pets as a service animal for passengers who have disability and fly for free.

That's epic!

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Timeline

It should be noted that the doctor's note carefully avoids any mention of what the actual diagnosis is, to bypass what vol says about 'you can't ask what the disability is'.

Because otherwise people do as vol suggests with pets.

March 13, 2014 Married!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Two posts removed for name-calling and baiting~

~Warning given, post constructively, or do not post~

Pitaya

VJ Moderation

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

He quoted something that all most people can read on Delta website. But thank you for quoting this as a counter back what he saying that "people can buy any tag and clothing for pet service online" to get their pets as a service animal for passengers who have disability and fly for free.

That's epic!

Wrong Again.

You stated something about a national register for service animals and them having patches or clothes saying service animals.

I said those can be purchased online, That don't mean nothing to nobody except and uniformed person.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.