vicks5721

pets buying or bringing them with you

62 posts in this topic

I would think that the state you enter and the airline, would have different guidelines.,.,regarding bringing animals to the USA.

Maybe.,.,,.or maybe not.

As I have already stated on my previous post on this thread. Only two states imposed quarantine for animals, Hawaii and Guam. Each airline has different policy regarding bringing pets to the U.S.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

it was about a thousand of dollars for my two cats (Asiana and Delta).

You named your cats Asiana and Delta? :lol:

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

OK to import or exporting a pet is easy for whom they know the process here peoples are talking about resuring and other stuff no one talking about the process...

The process is simple ... when my wife come to UAE she brought a YORKIE from US by EMIRATES AIR LINES with direct flight from DALLAS to DUBAI ......

I will give you some basis laws which you need to follow and its simple... first find the process of importing a DOG from your country to US .. as i have full information about UAE and US law we are traveling with our DOG free of cost because our dog is a SERVICE DOG.. anyways

Get the US law like do your dog need a rabbis and some other kind of injections or not each countries requires different kind of injections once you sure what kind of injections require get it on your pet...

Then go to go ministry of environment and health where they will issue EXPORT paper for your pet then your HUSBAND or FINANCE will need to apply for IMPORT paper from the same department in US... once both done then find the airline which offers better and best service for pet transporting ... you can carry your dog with you as well all depends on your airline services.... airlines charge the same amount as human charges suppose your ticket price is 1000USD then you have to pay the same for your pet ....

Rest of the other guidelines you will get it from your airlines..... Best airlines for pet traveling from GCC and ASIAN country is EMIRATES and QATAR AIRWAYS..

good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

I brought my dog to USA (New York) many years ago, so possibly rules changed. Always check with airline as well. Some airlines are more pet friendly than others. We had a health record with current vaccinations and that was it. Nobody ever asked for anything, but again that was years ago. I can't imagine leaving dog behind, they are family members. Good luck!

:luv:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Adopt them. There are a lot dogs and cats in shelters are need loving homes. I myself adopt cats and brought them from Indonesia to America.

I agree with you. No need to buy pets when there are so many needing rescue in shelters and at the edge of being put to sleep if nobody take them out of there. By the way, I have to say that your black&white cat looks just like my cat Sabrina. Super smart cats those are. :content: I'm sure the trip from Indonesia to U.S was very long. How they handled it?. Feel free to tell me via inbox if you want as this would be way off of topic here.

You named your cats Asiana and Delta? :lol:

:rofl: . I was meant to say we paid thousand of dollars flying my two cats with Asiana and Delta :P .

I named my male cat as Heinrich Artorius - means the king who rules the house- which is very true and the female cat I named her as Chantal Daisy - means the devastating beauty with the fiery personality-.

Yeah, call me crazy. But in my family, we tend to named our pets with meaning. :lol: . My husband was like," huh...you named them like they are human children".

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

I agree with you. No need to buy pets when there are so many needing rescue in shelters and at the edge of being put to sleep if nobody take them out of there. By the way, I have to say that your black&white cat looks just like my cat Sabrina. Super smart cats those are. :content: I'm sure the trip from Indonesia to U.S was very long. How they handled it?. Feel free to tell me via inbox if you want as this would be way off of topic here.

Ah, the black and white one - Heinrich Artorius- is the mischievous one. He is the trouble in our household, :rofl: but very lovable and yes a smart one. The calico, Chantal Daisy, is a very intelligent girl. She is always thinking before does something. But she is very independent and adventurous. She also very protective to her younger brother. Though they were from different mothers but they are just like biological siblings.

I will share my experience here how to handle them on the planes as I believe still related to the topic. That was very difficult. We had to put them under seat and we were lucky because they were small cats - domestic short hair-. The black and white one was handled by my husband and the female I took care of her. When we flew with Asiana, the ground manager separated our seats though according to the tickets we were supposed to seat next to each other. That's their rules. Delta finally kept us seated together after changed the connecting flight in South Korea so we can help each other when one of us need go to a bathroom.

They were good cats. They did not go to a bathroom. Thought we were a little bit stress because the male one kept crying and someone in front of us told her husband," hmm, did you hear a cat is crying?" :content: .

Long flights and definitely it was worth of all efforts. The downside was, they both broke the soft carriers I bought for them. That's why when I finally stopped at my PoE in Detroit, the officer could see my male cat's tiny paws hanging around and bouncing when we walked. He said," oh that's cute". :wub: . Everyone saw his paws stopped and told us how cute those paws are.

Edited by Girl from Celebes

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Do you think it is worth to drug them? Isn't it better for them so they can relax more?

Of course under a veterinarian prescription..

My flight will last for about 15 hours - Brazil - Charlotte / Charlotte - Nevada.

USCIS

04-SEP-2014 --- Marriage!

08-DEC-2014 --- I-130 Sent

17-DEC-2014 --- NOA1

05-JAN-2015 --- NOA2

NVC

17-JAN-2015 --- NVC Recieved

02-MAR-2015 --- Case Activated; Filled DS-261

02-MAR-2015 --- AOS Invoiced ; PAID

03-MAR-2015 --- AOS shows "PAID"

13-APR-2015 --- IV Invoiced ; PAID

14-APR-2015 --- IV shows "PAID"

22-APR-2015 --- Completed DS-260

01-MAY-2015 --- Mailed AOS/IV Packet

04-MAY-2015 --- Scan Date

03-JUN-2015 --- Case Complete!

23-JUL-2015 --- INTERVIEW!!! (Approved)

(ROC)I-751
21-AUG-2017 --- I-751 Sent
22-AUG-2017 --- Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I bought my dog over from the UK. there is no quarantine, but if he needs a rabies shot, you have to sign to say you will get it, and keep him in for 30 days after he has it. My dog is huge, had to have a crate made for him. Cost us about $2500 to get him here.

event.png

Timeline

Ah, the black and white one - Heinrich Artorius- is the mischievous one. He is the trouble in our household, :rofl: but very lovable and yes a smart one. The calico, Chantal Daisy, is a very intelligent girl. She is always thinking before does something. But she is very independent and adventurous. She also very protective to her younger brother. Though they were from different mothers but they are just like biological siblings.

I will share my experience here how to handle them on the planes as I believe still related to the topic. That was very difficult. We had to put them under seat and we were lucky because they were small cats - domestic short hair-. The black and white one was handled by my husband and the female I took care of her. When we flew with Asiana, the ground manager separated our seats though according to the tickets we were supposed to seat next to each other. That's their rules. Delta finally kept us seated together after changed the connecting flight in South Korea so we can help each other when one of us need go to a bathroom.

They were good cats. They did not go to a bathroom. Thought we were a little bit stress because the male one kept crying and someone in front of us told her husband," hmm, did you hear a cat is crying?" :content: .

Long flights and definitely it was worth of all efforts. The downside was, they both broke the soft carriers I bought for them. That's why when I finally stopped at my PoE in Detroit, the officer could see my male cat's tiny paws hanging around and bouncing when we walked. He said," oh that's cute". :wub: . Everyone saw his paws stopped and told us how cute those paws are.

Wow, did they allow you to have them with you under your seats? Thats great! I did not know some airlines allow that. In my case, in a trip from Argentina to U.S my cat would not be allowed to be under seat or with me. At that time I talked to the airline I was gonna use to come to US and they told me my cat would have to go in the luggage compartment which its very risky and more for trips of more than 9 hours (non stop).

She would have to fly in the luggage compartment ALONE for about 9 hours obviously without me checking if she is ok. I did not want to put my cat under that risk and having to think during all the flight or more if she has enough oxygen. In all my trips to Argentina since K1, I traveled alone without my husband so I wouldn't be able to handle that anxiety alone without the help of my hubby. So my cat had to stay in Argentina and is being well looked after by my mom at her home and living in the environment she knows since she was a kitten. My mom has another cat so both cats think they are related and they entertain each other LOL. Sabrina will travel to US someday for sure, but we have to check better airlines options. Would love to bring her under the seat with us. At least I would know she is doing fine and alive!

Edited by Sunnyland

Do you think it is worth to drug them? Isn't it better for them so they can relax more?

My flight will last for about 15 hours - Brazil - Charlotte / Charlotte - Nevada.

Some people were suggested to us to get that procedure. But, some vets told us, no.

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Timeline

Please dont give your pet any drug to sedate them before the flight. It can be VERY risky.

Read this information on the AA website.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInformation/specialAssistance/pets.jsp

Wow, did they allow you to have them with you under your seats? Thats great! I did not know some airlines allow that. In my case, in a trip from Argentina to U.S my cat would not be allowed to be under seat or with me. At that time I talked to the airline I was gonna use to come to US and they told me my cat would have to go in the luggage compartment which its very risky and more for trips of more than 9 hours (non stop).

She would have to fly in the luggage compartment ALONE for about 9 hours obviously without me checking if she is ok. I did not want to put my cat under that risk and having to think during all the flight or more if she has enough oxygen. In all my trips to Argentina since K1, I traveled alone without my husband so I wouldn't be able to handle that anxiety alone without the help of my hubby. So my cat had to stay in Argentina and is being well looked after by my mom at her home and living in the environment she knows since she was a kitten. My mom has another cat so both cats think they are related and they entertain each other LOL. Sabrina will travel to US someday for sure, but we have to check better airlines options. Would love to bring her under the seat with us. At least I would know she is doing fine and alive!

Check the pet policy for airlines. I know Delta, Asiana, and Silver Airways are allowed owners to put pets under seats. But in one condition, the pets must under 5 kilos. The carriers must be fit under seat. I think most of dogs can't stand under seat but the small ones can. We were lucky our cats were pretty small and easy to put them under seats.

Reading horrible stories about pets lost during their flights were horrified me: http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/06/travel/lost-cat-airline/

I could never handled two cats with myself especially long flights from Indonesia to the US. The good thing was, they were very good cats. When we had stopped in South Korea waiting for our connecting flight, we let them go out from their carriers. My male cat just wandering around at the waiting room whereas my female cat was sleeping all the time.

I think Sabrina will be glad stay with her mom, someday. (L) .

Please dont give your pet any drug to sedate them before the flight. It can be VERY risky.

Read this information on the AA website.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInformation/specialAssistance/pets.jsp

That what was the vet told us. We never wanted to sedate them but we asked how risky it was.

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Timeline

Celebes, thanks for that info. Yes those horror stories freaked me out too. You hear some stories.

When I traveled with my K1 visa I knew I was gonna have to go thru immigration revision at Miami POE and that it could take up to 2 hours. I was wrong. Mine took 3 hours total. That was one of the reasons why I did not bring Sabrina with me in that trip. I did my trip alone and already the K1 visa trip was already anxious for me, to add to have to be thinking if my cat made it in the flight while having to witness the immigration officers debating who was gonna review my K1 documents. I was the last passenger to have the documents reviewed in that night shift. So the cat would have had to be alone and stressed for about 12-13 hours without understanding what was going on.

I'm gonna bring her for sure but when my dear hubby travels with me to Argentina and we together bring the little one. I'm not gonna go thru the suffering alone in the flight, my hubby will have to suffer the anxiety with me. :content:

Celebes, thanks for that info. Yes those horror stories freaked me out too. You hear some stories.

When I traveled with my K1 visa I knew I was gonna have to go thru immigration revision at Miami POE and that it could take up to 2 hours. I was wrong. Mine took 3 hours total. That was one of the reasons why I did not bring Sabrina with me in that trip. I did my trip alone and already the K1 visa trip was already anxious for me, to add to have to be thinking if my cat made it in the flight while having to witness the immigration officers debating who was gonna review my K1 documents. I was the last passenger to have the documents reviewed in that night shift. So the cat would have had to be alone and stressed for about 12-13 hours without understanding what was going on.

I'm gonna bring her for sure but when my dear hubby travels with me to Argentina and we together bring the little one. I'm not gonna go thru the suffering alone in the flight, my hubby will have to suffer the anxiety with me. :content:

Let your husband feels the anxiety too. I shared mine with my then-fiance (my now husband). :devil: .

Maybe next time, choose an airline that not make a stop in Miami. We had several choices when we booked the flights. We picked Jakarta (Indonesia)-Incheon (South Korea)- Detroit (US)- Fort Myers (US) as our route because it was the shortest ones and short layovers.

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.