11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi friends,

We just received our approved NOA2 with no RFE :)

It says that they're sending our papers to the embassy in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico right now, because my fiance is from Mexico. What should we be doing in the meantime? I am confused about when and how we fill out information for co-sponsors.

What should I be working on now?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Congratulations. It's going to NVC first then they'll send it to Mexico. NOA2 always says that's it's being sent to embassy. You can call NVC at 603 334 0700 in 7-10 days to find out when they receive it and assign a case number. Then you can track your case in CEAC website and also visit embassy website and regional forum for Mexico to learn more about local procedure.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Congratulations on your noa 2!!

All the k1 visas are issued at Ciudad Juarez Consulate:

You need to get your CDJ case #from the NVC before you can fill the forms for the interview by calling 603-334-0700

Juarez will send the US Citizen and the beneficiary in Mexico a letter. Sometimes the letter does not reach the person in Mexico because of problems with the mail system there. If the only one that receives it is the US citizen, it can be mailed or scanned and emailed and printed out by the beneficiary in Mexico. It does not have to be the original.

The letter you receive points you to the sites where the instructions, forms and place to schedule your appointment and interview are. The letter is the only 'packet' you will receive. You should go to the links (which I am posting below) listed in the letter. The letter will be needed by the K-1 applicant at their ASC, medical and interview in Juarez, along with the confirmation page .

Here are the forms:

http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/fianceforms.html

Instructions (very important to follow, they explain a lot):

http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/fianceforms.html

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Mexico&cty=Juarez

While waiting, you can read through the reviews to see how the procedure works, fill the affidavit of support,collect evidence of ongoing relationship, yor tax returns etc:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Mexico&cty=&dfilter=5

Hope this helps!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Do you get to schedule the day/time of the final interview? Or is it assigned? If they assign a day, it might conflict with my fiance's work schedule. What would I do about this?

Help!

Thank you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

I believe you could change it but will take longer or he could take the day off, he could let his pas know in advance, it's a life event, your future and you both deserve to move on.

"Boss", not "pas"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves that phase. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum and merged with similar-themed thread. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Do you get to schedule the day/time of the final interview? Or is it assigned? If they assign a day, it might conflict with my fiance's work schedule. What would I do about this?

Help!

Thank you.

Yes, once you get to that stage your fiance will need to set up an appointment and the system will show you the available days, the affidavit of support will be needed for the interview, is good to start looking at the form and send it to Mexico with your tax transcripts.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.