butterflies0124

Expedite Request Process

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I submitted an expedite request by mail and never heard anything back, so last week I called in to USCIS to see if the documents had been received or processed. The person I spoke with said she would submit a inquiry to see if the documents were received, but it seems they submitted another request for expedite. Today I received an email that the request was denied because I have not submitted evidence. Does anyone know how I would be able to submit evidence with an expedite request? The operator never took any notes, never asked my reasons for requesting an expedite, nor what category I believed I qualified for. I called in again to the customer service line and she said I have to wait another 5 days before the system will allow her to submit another request, and due to high call volume she cannot transfer my call to a supervisor today.

Thanks.

Filed: Timeline

Hi.

You can only apply for an expedition if your absence in USA may cause a serious financial loss for you or company in cases with Humanitarian cases, they can expedite you application. Otherise they won't do it. They usually work based on the logic of "first-in first-out"

we have requested a couple of times, but they were all rejected

cheers

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What was the basis of your request?

What documentation did you submit to support it?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

What was the basis of your request?

What documentation did you submit to support it?

Extreme emergent situation/compelling interest of USCIS. I sent a detailed letter and documentation from my doctor. But my concern is I don't think anyone has actually reviewed the documents.

Extreme emergent situation/compelling interest of USCIS. I sent a detailed letter and documentation from my doctor. But my concern is I don't think anyone has actually reviewed the documents.

Did you call USCIS and requested an expedite? Or did you just submit the letter requesting to do so?

I am asking b/c I just called on friday and was approved today, for an expedite due to medical reasons.

12/25/2013 - Officially became a couple

10/27/2014 - Married :wub:
12/26/2014 - Wedding Ceremony
02/20/2015 - NOA1
05/05/2015- NOA2
05/11/2015- NVC Received, Request for 2nd expedite
05/18/2015- Case Number assigned
05/27/2015- NVC/Embassy approved expedite request
05/29/2015- Case sent to Embassy
06/05/2015- Medical
06/08/2015- Vac Appointment
06/18/2015- Interview (APPROVED!!)
06/30/2015- Visa Issued!!! :dancing: :joy:
07/06/2015- Visa in hand
07/08/2015- POE (Miami)
07/18/2015- SS received

Did you call USCIS and requested an expedite? Or did you just submit the letter requesting to do so?

I am asking b/c I just called on friday and was approved today, for an expedite due to medical reasons.

Congratulations!! When you called, did they ever ask for documentation or evidence?? The agent I spoke with today said to just keep trying and see if I get approved or to try and make an info pass appointment. To answer your question I sent my request in writing and then called to see if the documents had been reviewed. The person on the phone apparently then submitted an expedite request based on the response I received.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.