Janelle2002

Why Do Women Stay With Men Who Treat Them Poorly

16 members have voted

1. 1. Why do women staty with men who treat them poorly?

• Visa
    • They like the treatment.
    • Waiting for a better option.
    • Sex.
    • There are no more good men.

82 posts in this topic

Typically, when the woman is fed up, that's what it takes. Sadly enough, this sometimes happens when a child is hurt or it gets to the point where staying is no longer even an option.

Children are hurt just as much by the separation as they are by the couple staying together. If you are arguing, having curse down matches and someone isn't coming home every night anyway, the child is already hurt.

Children are hurt the most when one or both still have love for the other and only want to hurt one of the parents. I don't condone this. In Memphis, they make you go to a parenting class for people who are divorcing with children.

it was a question. by 'control of the spending' do you mean making sure the bills are paid when due, budgeting, etc or are you thinking more along the lines of THE QUEEN allocating her man-child beer allowance?

Actually i was joking but yes all of the above

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

Children are hurt just as much by the separation as they are by the couple staying together. If you are arguing, having curse down matches and someone isn't coming home every night anyway, the child is already hurt.

Children are hurt the most when one or both still have love for the other and only want to hurt one of the parents. I don't condone this. In Memphis, they make you go to a parenting class for people who are divorcing with children.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clearer. I'm talking in a way you'd go get the shotgun for. One woman I knew, her husband didn't find her attractive due to her weight. Her daughter(his stepdaughter) because his fixation and he started to "spend time" with her instead. Another one, her husband started acting inappropriately with his own daughter. And one I was stationed with? Her husband actually got arrested and court marshaled for assaulting his step daughter. She was 4. They had to remove him quickly from the island...

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Oh yeah.. Fear is the one and only reason here :rolleyes:

ok name a reason that you cannot put fear behind it

Sounds simple doesnt it s lot harder when you really start looking at the reason

Edited by j&ana

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

Sorry, I didn't make myself clearer. I'm talking in a way you'd go get the shotgun for. One woman I knew, her husband didn't find her attractive due to her weight. Her daughter(his stepdaughter) because his fixation and he started to "spend time" with her instead. Another one, her husband started acting inappropriately with his own daughter. And one I was stationed with? Her husband actually got arrested and court marshaled for assaulting his step daughter. She was 4. They had to remove him quickly from the island...

That's some serious stuff right there. Women who allow this are either sick themselves or too darn scared to do anything. Regardless of weight, a loving mom would not sit by and watch this happen, fear will be the strongest factor in this case.

ok name a reason that you cannot put fear behind it

Sounds simple doesnt it s lot harder when you really start looking at the reason

You may have a very good point there.

Not joking at all.

I know many guys who ask for permission to go out or to go fishing. They work and make the lion share of the money and the woman controls the money.

You mean that's not normal. Are you sure you are married to a Pinay ?

Women stay with their abusers for a whole host of reasons. The nature of the abuse for one is often about power and control (physical and psychological) over another person - that can be hard to break free from. Sometimes it's a self-worth issue, they blame themselves for the man's behaviour. Largely though, in many situations it's about fear. Whether that be fear of harm or fear of failure. Sometimes it's also the way the person was raised or religion. If you have been abused as a child, you may find yourself gravitating toward such relationships and find it harder to break free from. I can imagine it being incredibly difficult for immigrant women in abusive relationships... not knowing where to turn or what help to seek. Afraid everything they had dreamed of will be lost. Social stigma. Shame. Wondering if it's all their fault. I'm certain some cultural and religious aspects may have also indoctrinated the woman to be 'obedient' and 'subservient', so in an abusive relationship self-blame would be present. Some abusive men will prey on this.

Edited by yuna628

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

So many of you have no problem generalizing women and throwing them all into neat little categories.

How sexist you all are

Edited by The Nature Boy

You mean that's not normal. Are you sure you are married to a Pinay ?

So are you trying to say all women want to do is control their husband's money or only Pinay women just want to control a man's money?

So many of you have no problem generalizing women and throwing them all into net little categories.

How sexist you all are

huh?

So are you trying to say all women want to do is control their husband's money or only Pinay women just want to control a man's money?

huh?

I am saying Pinay women generally

As to my second comment, I am saying you people are making a lot of generalizations about women. Making generalizations is not good, generally

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

How do you explain the cases where they hitch up with complete dicks and then when they do move on seem to do so to exactly the same type.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I am saying Pinay women generally

As to my second comment, I am saying you people are making a lot of generalizations about women. Making generalizations is not good, generally

You are saying Pinay women want to control their men's wallet, then go on to say we are generalizing women.

Are you still there? I hear an echo.......

Sooooo, you are saying Pinay women will stay with a man who treats them poorly because they want to control his wallet?

That's some serious stuff right there. Women who allow this are either sick themselves or too darn scared to do anything. Regardless of weight, a loving mom would not sit by and watch this happen, fear will be the strongest factor in this case.

You may have a very good point there.

In those cases, the man had the daughter so scared, she wouldn't talk about it. The woman with the weight problem? When her daughter had the courage to speak up after months of abuse, she ran to the kitchen and got a meat cleaver. Had dude locked up in the bathroom while she was trying to cut the door down. He had to call the police, since his only option at the time was to go to jail or be missing a piece of himself, if he was lucky...

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

How do you explain the cases where they hitch up with complete dicks and then when they do move on seem to do so to exactly the same type.

That's what we are here discussing.

Please tell us why you think this is so.

In those cases, the man had the daughter so scared, she wouldn't talk about it. The woman with the weight problem? When her daughter had the courage to speak up after months of abuse, she ran to the kitchen and got a meat cleaver. Had dude locked up in the bathroom while she was trying to cut the door down. He had to call the police, since his only option at the time was to go to jail or be missing a piece of himself, if he was lucky...

He wouldn't have made it to the bathroom.

He would have been missing so many pieces the police would not have been able to identify the body.

You are saying Pinay women want to control their men's wallet, then go on to say we are generalizing women.

Are you still there? I hear an echo.......

Sooooo, you are saying Pinay women will stay with a man who treats them poorly because they want to control his wallet?

No I am saying Pinay women are tough as nails, run the house and take no #######. You have to be strong to be married to a pinay woman