ranis

Backgroud check, Pls. help!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Hi All,

Pls. advise if anyone knows, how background check process is performed by Consulate/ NVC in India on the beneficiary (specifically how do they check marital status)?

This is regarding my friend's case. He is currently under F2B petiton and received welcome letter from NVC. (Category -Unmarried child above 21 yrs, his father is Permanent Resident is the petitioner).

My friend (Beneficiary) is Unmarried and above 21, however he is in a Live in relationship. But in a country like India where Live In concept is not that common, everyone (his friends and neighbours) belives that my friend is married which is not the case.

He is concerned about what if Consulate in India or NVC performs background check regarding his marital status on him and ask people there (neighbours/police etc.), they will say he is married which is NOT TRUE.

pls. advise the process and what can be do to avoid this?

Thanks in advance.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Bringing Fam. Members of PR to America to India Regional Forum~

~Inquiry about country-specific consulate/embassy processes~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

ur friend is applying for US visa not indian visa what peoples thinks or say does not matter for american laws.

they do belive on papers not rumors......

good luck

Timeline

Thanks amkhan for the reply.

There are no papers because they were never married.

However, I do want to understand the background check process, how does it work in India? Does Consulate/US embassey officials really go to benificiary's place and find out from people over there?

Can you provide some more details about the background check process in India?

Thanks

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

As long as you are not legally married, that doesnt matter.

My husband used to be my live in partner for 7years. Initially his petition was F2B. He left last 2012, leaving me with our 6month old baby back then. And now he's petitioning me and our daughter as F2A.

F2A Journey for me and my Daughter

November 18, 2013 - Priority Date
November 25, 2013 - NOA1
February 06, 2014 - NOA2
March 6, 2014 - IIN through call
February 20, 2015 - Access in CEAC and DS261
February 24, 2015 - Email received from NVC, AOS invoice
February 24, 2015 - Paid AOS
February 25, 2015 - AOS payment 'in process' status
February 26, 2015 - AOS payment 'paid' status
March 8, 2015 - DS 261 approved
March 11, 2015 - IV Fee Invoice Received
March 12, 2015 - IV Fee Invoice Paid
March 14, 2015 - Sent AOS/IV Docs/Package to NVC
March 16, 2015 - NVC Scan Date
March 19, 2015 - Access to DS260
March 20, 2015 - DS260 completed
April 15, 2015 - Checklist that DS260 is not yet completed - escalated to the Supervisor
May 9, 2015 - Called NVC for status, confirmed that our case is complete, waiting for the actual letter.
May 15, 2015 - Case Complete (Received letter from NVC)

June 25, 2015 - Called NVC for update of Interview (Goodnews received)

June 30, 2015 - IL received through Email

July 06-08, 2015 - Medical - Passed :)

AUGUST 06, 2015; 6:15AM - Interview Schedule (PASSED)

August 6 -9, 2015 - CEAC Status (ISSUED)

August 10, 2015 - In Transit at 2GO online tracking

August 11, 2015 - Visa Packet received

August 12, 2015 - Pre Departure Orientation and Seminar Done (this is important for Filipinos leaving our Country)

xx xx xx - POE (San Francisco, CA)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

If councilor finds answers inconsistent while interviewing the immigrant, he will put case is AP(administrative processing). If they find him lying then 10 year ban can be impose. Live in relations or marriage or whatever it is, they are not obligated to give you(its not friend) visa if they have reasonable doubt. Immigration officers are very good at reading body language so good luck.

11/27/2013 - Priority Date

04/01/2015 - I-130 Approved

04/21/2015 - NVC received Case

04/29/2015 - DS261 filled

05/02/2015 - Case under CSPA review

06/04/2015 - Supervisor review Initiated-Wait 42 days

Timeline

Thanks Jhez.

nilx25.

I completely agree with you. So that means only check regarding marital status is performed at the time of interview ? Is that correct to say?

Also, In case Immigration officer gets doubtful and they conclude that Beneficiary is married (which is clearly not our case), will it affect Petitioner or Joint sponsor?

I am asking as I will become joint sponsor so don't want to take any risk. Do they take any action against petitioner and joint sponsor?

Pls. help,

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

No action against petitioner or joint sposor because ban is on immigrant but next time if you file for someone else then get ready for tons of red flags by nvc. I would prepare well the applicant with all answers and tell him to be confident at interview. Dressed well and be short and simple in answering. Sorry for being rude earlier as many people say friend of mine has this and that and I like people to be honest because we try to help here only.

Edited by nilx25

11/27/2013 - Priority Date

04/01/2015 - I-130 Approved

04/21/2015 - NVC received Case

04/29/2015 - DS261 filled

05/02/2015 - Case under CSPA review

06/04/2015 - Supervisor review Initiated-Wait 42 days

Timeline

Thanks nilx25.

Again, this is not for me, it's for my cousin, I have agreed to become the joint sponsor that is why I am so concerned regarding NVC/consulate's action againt sponsor/joint sponsor.

But I am totally releived with your reply. I think my cousin can proceed with his application without any doubts.

Also, at the time of interview, if officer asks him about his marital status(not sure if they ask this question), should he reply "Single" or "Currently in Live In Relation"?

What do you advise?

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.