chrisnjill

Unfair Situation

50 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I totally agree to tomyka81 we all are here to help each other in any possible way or atleast to the best of our knowledge. This is not a place to fight or argue on unnecessary things. The guy needed help if some one can help him out thats great and those who couldnt simply dont comment making it an issue of racism or nationalism seems illogical here.

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage (if applicable): 2013-08-24

I-130 Sent : 2014-08-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-09-02

I-130 RFE : 2015-02-06

I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2015-03-03

NVC Received : 2015-03-28

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-06-01

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-06-01

Send AOS Package : 2015-06-04

Submit DS-261 : 2015-06-04

Receive IV Bill : 2015-07-01

Pay IV Bill : 2015-07-05

Send IV Package : 2015-07-24

Checklist : 2015-10-06

Case Completed : 2015-11-11

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa): 2016.01.21

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Ash1101,

As I've said in my last post I've worked all my life and enjoyed every bit of it! My wife also has a degree and we've talked about her working... Just getting the visa for her and her daughter. (Two Visas. Not just the one) I wouldn't like her working to support me. My dad was old fashioned and worked his ### off to support his family. My mom took care of the house and kids. So yeah, I was raised to work for what I wanted!

Thanks!

Just judging from your post above: you are on disability and are not capable of working. You don't want your wife to work either. She also has minor daughter. Obviously, three of you will not be able to survive on single disability benefits. Thus your wife and her daughter would have to apply for government benefits. Are my facts straight or am I missing something? Just responding to your "unfair" comment. Government rightfully does not allow foreigners to come here and use tax payers money. You are entitled to the government benefits. They are not. Finding joint sponsor is a bad idea. The moment your wife and daughter apply for benefits you expose this sponsor to being dinged by the government. I think this is unfair to your joint sponsor. Let me know if I misunderstood your statement above. While I sympathise with your situation, best choice is for you to move to TT. Good luck!

san diego,

You've misunderstood, because you didn't read the thread and my other posts.

What I find 'unfair' is this: I can easily come here to her country and apply for TT residency. (Currently pending) But the US will not even allow her into my country without jumping through the many hoops and red tape.

We have talked about her working, if it came to that. I just wouldn't feel comfortable doing it. I would feel lazy and useless to her. And no, nothing was mentioned about bringing her there to collect welfare.

I'm deciding whether I would want someone to commit to the huge responsibility of being a joint sponsor. Again, I would be uncomfortable with it because because I am responsible for my family. Not someone else, including the govt.

Thanks!

Timeline

chrisnjill,

In this case I mis-understood your statement. I apologize. This is exactly what US government is rightfully asking you: provide your plan on sustaining 3 people family without reaching-out for additional benefits: either this is co-sponsor that will support additional members of the family or yourself. I am just not sure there is any other way. I agree some of the above statements are harsh though. No one is trying to put you down, this is just a reality. CR-1 visa is expensive. It is over $1,000. ROC is also costly. Medical insurance is costly. Bringing foreigner is a huge financial burden and they are trying to find out your plan. Co-sponsor is one way. However, under the circumstances this co-sponsor needs to be prepared to pay if there is shortage of resources. There is just no way you can afford medical insurance for 2 people and sustaining on your current benefits. They are trying to see your plan. This is all. I would develop such plan and then present it.

Timeline

can't answer....don't comment. Stay off my thread. ILLEGALS are getting EVERYTHING from welfare to housing and jobs. that's UNFAIR!

Illegals never get welfare. What are you trying to say, again, with this post? That all the people from around the world should come here and get welfare if illegals do? I am trying to understand your point.

Timeline

Personally, Under the circumstances I would try to answer the following questions yourself:

1) Do I have enough resources to bring her and her daughter here based on the associated costs?

2) Do I have enough resources to pay for the first several months of them being here and for medical insurance?

3) Is your wife's profession marketable in US, how quickly she can find a job and what is anticipated salary?

Then I would create your own financial plan, which assures that you will no go under. Once you do that I would decide:

1) Can I get Co-sponsor which will be safe from any financial liabilities based on my plan? If not, will this C-sponsor be willing to pay if there is a situation where financial assistance is needed?

This is just my view.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Many countries including the US require those wishing to immigrate to do so with an immigrant visa.

Some countries it is OK to visit and change status, Different folks different strokes.

I would have thought most countries have a public charge requirement.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

Really I notice moderators are taking down my posts (I think) since they at times

are missing....This OP I advised to check TT Chamber of Commerce & the TT

embassy for facts on the matter because he seemed to be blaming the Gov rules.

After he divulge that she worked with the Ministry my explantion was that's TT Rules

when a man enters the picture.......Its kind of like section 8 rules, you bring another

adult in the home finances are changed, the difference there is that she pays & others

to a fund from salary for home ownership, but she reported being married & then

to someone from the US with an income so now not being a single mother the house

price goes higher.....I said noting to demean discourage or insulting so why has my

post disappeared. I think I have only tried to be kind to ppl here with my answers and

the things I don't know I shut up, I will always encourage, but I am beginning to see a

pattern here...there were insults that were not removed, I even told dude get a job at their

resorts USC get those jobs. maybe the moderators now have decided I should not come here.....

Edited by Jawaree

Boiler,

(And I hope this post will clear up any confusion with everyone else, here. I've had time to clear my mind and I'm not as frustrated as th day I first posted my topic.)

What we had wanted was basically, she & I come to the US for a vacation together (2-3 weeks) so she can see NYC and some of the mid-west. Places I grew up and lived, then we were going to bring her daughter, also for vacation then return to TT waiting for:

1) Her job contract to end. (She has another 3 years under contract employment)

2) Give her time to finish with school and get her degree. (She could transfer to US, but more red tape)

3) Wait for her daughter to finish the current school year she would be in after her mom's contract was up.

We would then immigrate into the US together. Well, now that we're married, they are both restricted from even vacationing in the US. That is, until I can provide the proper income.

I hope this clears some of our situation up, and is better understood. I've talked to another friend I have, and thinking maybe I can talk to him about being a joint sponsor when I see him this Summer during my visit. It's a huge responsibility to put on someone, so I say maybe.

Jawawee,

This is the first post I've seen from you, so the moderators must have nothing better to do than remove posts, or maybe they misread you? At any rate, the only mention she made of being married to a US Born Citizen was at her interview for a Non-Immigrant Visa.

During the interview, she was asked about finances etc and then asked if I (her husband) had my green card. Well she told him I'm a US Born citizen. He stopped the interview then. Pushed a paper at her and said he can not answer any more questions and told her she had to leave.

We were under the impression, she was available for the NON-Immigrant Visa for these reasons:

1) She was going strictly for vacation (2-3weeks)

2) The US Embassy website said nothing about her status (married to US Citizen) will disqualify her for the Non-Immigrant Visa. It said PAY YOUR FEES ($160 USD) BEFORE YOU CAN GET AN INTERVIEW.

3) I called the US Embassy myself and asked questions on how my WIFE can apply for a visa to travel with me to VISIT the US. I told her I'm a US Born Citizen, and we married here in TT. I was told she had to go to the website and apply for the NON-IMMIGRANT VISA!!!

What's NOT unfair about this? We were misinformed by the people in charge of the Visas.

Thanks, everyone, for your input.

Timeline

Being married to a US Citizen does not preclude a visitor visa, I have met many who are in that situation and have visited without issue.

Seems that you were told correctly that to visit she needed to apply for a B2.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Her interviewer told her being married to a US Born Citizen, she has too strong a tie with the US. She told him I'm US-Born after he asked if I had my Green Card. Said that's why he denied her the Visa

Looking at the site again on types of visas, the B2 is the one she was interviewed for. I remember doing the application online with her. We marked the 'Tourism & visit (B2)' option in the drop down box

Timeline

They do not deny for being married to a USC, she would have been given a note of why she was refused, most likely she could not show non immigrant intent.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.