mohelsayed

Successful interview in Riyadh DV-2015

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

First of all , I would like to thank all members in this forum especially “ Susie “ - you are a wonderful person , it was so simple interview .

I prepared all the documents , put it in plastic files ( original , translated and copy) , my interview time was at 12:30 , I was there with my family at 12.

( no need to come early , there was a queue and I entered at 12:45 ).

After that I took a number and I was waiting to be called , then I went alone to window-12 with all passports only , he took it and asked me to wait.

They called me again after 15 min to window-7 , he was a very gentle person , I went alone , he asked me to call my wife and daughter to attend with me , he was speaking in English asking ( what is your birth date – where did you born , my university …so simple questions )

Then he asked me to go pay the interview fees ( 1254 SAR per person ) then he started to ask my wife the same .

Then I came back to him with the receipt he was writing his comments then he started to speak in Arabic ( it was the a surprise J ) and asked for the documents

Docs :

Birth Certificates for me and my wife ( Original , translated )

Birth Certificates for my kid ( EGYPTIAN certificates and Saudi Certificates + Translated ) – they were born in Saudi

My High school Certificate and University certificate .

Army Exemption Certificate.

Marriage Certificate

Iqama ( residency ) photos for all

Police Records certificate ( Saudi + Egyptian ) + translated ones

Finical situation ( Bring last 6 months statement from the Bank )

2 5x5 photos for all

NOTE :

translate all the documents in one of the authorized translation offices by US embassy

here in this link : http://riyadh.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/translators-may-20010.pdf

after that he asked me to wait for calling to the interview .

we back to seats waiting for around 20 min , then the called us window-13 , it is the interview.

So respectful person , simple question ( what is my plans there ..) then raise your right hand and swear.

Then he asked me to keep the passports with the embassy or I prefer to take it and return it back to them when the visa comes.

I took the passports then they emailed me that my visa is ready , I sent all passports via FEDEX ( SMSA) with return back receipt ( it means I paid the double – from office to embassy then from embassy to office again )

After 2 weeks I got the passports with VISAs , then I paid the fees for the VISAs , you will find the

steps right here http://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-immigrant-fee

That’s all , good luck for everyone

I need the help to know some information there , what should I do , Taxes , can I land in any Airport ……???

First of all , I would like to thank all members in this forum especially Susie - you are a wonderful person , it was so simple interview .

I prepared all the documents , put it in plastic files ( original , translated and copy) , my interview time was at 12:30 , I was there with my family at 12.

After that I took a number and I was waiting to be called , then I went alone to window-12 with all passports only , he took it and asked me to wait.

They called me again after 15 min to window-7 , he was a very gentle person , I went alone , he asked me to call my wife and daughter to attend with me , he was speaking in English asking ( what is your birth date where did you born , my university so simple questions )

Then he asked me to go pay the interview fees ( 1254 SAR per person ) then he started to ask my wife the same .

Then I came back to him with the receipt he was writing his comments then he started to speak in Arabic ( it was the a surprise J ) and asked for the documents

Docs :

Birth Certificates for my kid ( EGYPTIAN certificates and Saudi Certificates + Translated ) they were born in Saudi

Marriage Certificate

2 5x5 photos for all

NOTE :

translate all the documents in one of the authorized translation offices by US embassy

here in this link : http://riyadh.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/translators-may-20010.pdf

we back to seats waiting for around 20 min , then the called us window-13 , it is the interview.

So respectful person , simple question ( what is my plans there ..) then raise your right hand and swear.

Then he asked me to keep the passports with the embassy or I prefer to take it and return it back to them when the visa comes.

I took the passports then they emailed me that my visa is ready , I sent all passports via FEDEX ( SMSA) with return back receipt ( it means I paid the double from office to embassy then from embassy to office again )

After 2 weeks I got the passports with VISAs , then I paid the fees for the VISAs , you will find the

Thats all , good luck for everyone

I need the help to know some information there , what should I do , Taxes , can I land in any Airport ???

Congratulations! :)

Yes, you can enter at any port of entry - so any airport you fly into from outside the country is fine. Remember to ensure that you enter before your visa expires and to take your big envelopes. You'll get "secondary processing" where they will take you to a separate area, and take photos and fingerprints for your green card - all border posts are set up for this.

I'm not sure what the taxes question refers to?

Congrats, I did my interview in Riyadh also, check if your visa 6 months validity is started from the medical or from the interview Date !! I landed in US 10 days ago and went through small issue at the POE because of expired medical while the visa still valid, just check to avoid what happened with me, congrats again celebrate the moment )))

Filed: Country: Sudan
Timeline

HI

For this guys who did interview in Riyadh a want to ask you when did you get your police record letter ?? i am expecting my interview will be in September is it ok of i get the letter from police now ??

your police certificate must be valid the day you will attend the interview, any ways Sep, 30 will be the last day for interviews, so you can get it now and make sure its valid until Sep, 30.

Correct me guys if am wrong.........

good luck

Edited by Hassan.12

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Sudan
Timeline

Hii,

I need your help to prepare my doc.

i'm DV winner & from sudan.interview location is Alriyadh.

up to now i didnt get interview notification can i prepare police & madocal report & the process for these.

Thnx alot.

Edited by hishamali

Hii,

I need your help to prepare my doc.

i'm DV winner & from sudan.interview location is Alriyadh.

up to now i didnt get interview notification can i prepare police & madocal report & the process for these.

Thnx alot.

Are you DV2015? Is your case number current for June or July?

First of all , I would like to thank all members in this forum especially “ Susie “ - you are a wonderful person , it was so simple interview .

They called me again after 15 min to window-7 , he was a very gentle person , I went alone , he asked me to call my wife and daughter to attend with me , he was speaking in English asking ( what is your birth date – where did you born , my university …so simple questions )

Docs :

Birth Certificates for my kid ( EGYPTIAN certificates and Saudi Certificates + Translated ) – they were born in Saudi

Marriage Certificate

2 5x5 photos for all

NOTE :

I took the passports then they emailed me that my visa is ready , I sent all passports via FEDEX ( SMSA) with return back receipt ( it means I paid the double – from office to embassy then from embassy to office again )

That’s all , good luck for everyone

I need the help to know some information there , what should I do , Taxes , can I land in any Airport ……???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.