tomyka81

This process is so stressful

25 posts in this topic

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am applying for a K1 for my heartbeat. I never imagined that this "waiting" would be so stressful. i never imagined that i would check and check and watch my prediction date inch up one day at a time. I never thought that I would look in anticipation of others in my NOA1 date range get their NOA2 approvals and i am waiting for mine. This process tries the heart and wears it down completely. Are there any suggestions on coping with the wait factor. I may just been a B12 shot. Why couldn't I just love an American like before. I had to love a Nigerian and go through this tormoil of waiting and wondering and dreading getting a denial. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

OMG I feel the same way! I wish I could tell you that I have found something that eases the stress and takes away the fear and worry, but there is only patience. One thing that sort of helps me is trying to keep things in perspective. For example, life is always full of twists and turns, unexpected problems and challenges we have to continually face. This is just one of the many obstacles that we will face on our journey through life. I try to remember that this was all for love, and for hope of a better future and the way I get to that is my fight for a better life. Not everyone has true love, some people never have love at all. Its worth it.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Nepal
Marriage : 2013-07-16
I-130 Sent : 2014-08-12
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-08-15
I-130 Approved : 2015-02-02
NVC Received : 2015-02-17

NVC Case Number Assigned : 2015-02-27

Date of NVC Welcome Letter : 2015-03-02
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-03-10

Submit DS-261 : 2015-03-10
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-03-10
Send AOS/IV Package : 2015-04-08

AOS/IV Scan Date : 2015-04-09
Receive IV Bill : 2015-04-17
Pay IV Bill : 2015-04-17

Submit IV Application/DS-260 : 2015-04-28

Case Complete : 2015-05-04

Interview Letter Date : 2015-05-29

Receive Interview Letter : 2015-06-01

Interview : 2015-06-18

Approved : 2015-06-18

CEAC Visa Status Issued : 2015-06-29

CEAC Visa Status Ready For Pick Up : 2015-07-03

POE: 2015-07-04

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

nobody said it was easy, I know how you feel, I check my case status several times a day, its very hard, but in the end, it will be worth it, this will prove your love is strong enough to go through this long process. cheer up! :)

Filed: Timeline

I am applying for a K1 for my heartbeat. I never imagined that this "waiting" would be so stressful. i never imagined that i would check and check and watch my prediction date inch up one day at a time. I never thought that I would look in anticipation of others in my NOA1 date range get their NOA2 approvals and i am waiting for mine. This process tries the heart and wears it down completely. Are there any suggestions on coping with the wait factor. I may just been a B12 shot. Why couldn't I just love an American like before. I had to love a Nigerian and go through this tormoil of waiting and wondering and dreading getting a denial. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Yes, waiting and not being together physically is hard. But look at the bright side, each day that passes gets you closer to the day when you two can finally be together. :)

Good luck! (F)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Find something to o to keep your mind occupied. Look where we are in the process and the waiting game is going on again. Until he gets his citizenship, you will be riding the immigration wave. Just roll wit it!

08/01/12-Married08/17/12-Applied for Social Security Card09/23/12-Husband received his Social Security card!09/27/12-Filed AOS09/28/12-AOS package received10/01/12-Text message from USCIS10/03/12-Check cashed10/09/12-NOA1 for I485,I765,I131 AND Biometrics Appointment Letter10/24/12-Biometrics Appointment12/11/12-EAD and AP Approved-75 days12/14/12-EAD/AP Card Production ordered12/21/12-EAD/AP Card came in the mail06/22/13-Green Card Approved06/27/13-Greed Card Production Ordered06/29/13-Green Card came in the mail<p>

04/09/15-Mailed ROC

04/10/2015-Package received

04/14/2015-Check cashed

06/02/2015-Called Service Center (still no NOA1) Service request found out wrong address on paperwork! :(

06/03/2015-Called to get address updated Ar11 online add change didnt work-got infopass for June 10th

06/10/2015-Went to info pass appt. Hubby got a 1yr. Extension stamp in his passport and biometrics done

08/12/2015-ROC Approved. Got letter in the mail.

08/29/2015-received new card in the mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Get yourself a hobby!! During my almost 7 month wait I spent hours at the gym, out walking or at work. Find things to do and I promise it will feel like it was done in a day to get your noa2.

All those times I sat down and just wanted my noa2 so we could move on I just got myself stressed out and in a negative mood!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Your file has been sent to the CSC so you should be very happy! It should be processed sooner than any of us that have been sitting at the TSC. So don't be too anxious but be comforted the process will take its course and you will then be together. You along with thousands of us just happened to fall in love with someone outside of the U.S. In a lot of ways that really is pretty cool. Two cultures joining together and so much to learn from one another. God bless you on your journey and know everything will work out.

I-129F Sent: January 20, 2015

I-129F Received: January 21, 2015

NOA1 Text & E-mail Received: January 23, 2015

NOA1 Hardcopy Received: January 31, 2015

NOA2 Message Received July 27, 2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I completely share your pain! My husband is also in Nigeria and although I've only just begin the process its already been the most stressful and sleepless week ever. To think we have to prove our love, which has no measure, to a number of strangers! And worst to wait in anxiety for the approval to start a life with the person you love.

Edited by Neldreemz

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

I am applying for a K1 for my heartbeat. I never imagined that this "waiting" would be so stressful. i never imagined that i would check and check and watch my prediction date inch up one day at

a time. I never thought that I would look in anticipation of others in my NOA1 date range get their NOA2 approvals and i am waiting for mine. This process tries the heart and wears it down completely. Are there any suggestions on coping with the wait factor. I may just been a B12 shot. Why couldn't I just love an American like before. I had to love a Nigerian and go through this tormoil

of waiting and wondering and dreading getting a denial. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

you should thank God because you are at CSC.As I see on your timeline you are an April's filer;

So after on month you are already under tress ohhh.we are at TSC as I am speaking to you I am a september filer:je suis deja depassée.excuse me for speaking in french.just be patient,you.will get approved soon.good luck

Timeline

I completely share your pain! My husband is also in Nigeria and although I've only just begin the process its already been the most stressful and sleepless week ever. To think we have to prove our love, which has no measure, to a number of strangers! And worst to wait in anxiety for the approval to start a life with the person you love.

YYYYEEEESSSSSS!!!! The things I have heard and read about Nigeria's interviews almost like they relish in giving the denials even if the K-1 is approved. We went so far as to front load embassy stamped bachelorhood certificate for him and affadavits from his family and mine. It is so sad almost. I was even considering putting the WEAC results to prove he isn't a fraud. Basically the hurdle is prove your guy isn't a fraud. He is nigerian. Nigerian man equals visa fraud. So I am like why even approve the petition?Save people some time and anxiety..... Then it is almost like the adjudicators want the USC to stay in Nigeria for more than a month or multiple visits to prove he isn't scamming...... Excuse me but I have a JOB and a kid in school. Who has that kind of time to be gone away from their house that long???? Ok I have vented.... Keep me posted.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

We are a cr1 and denied, now our case at nvc AGAIN! Talk about stress, I've remodeled 2 bathrooms lol but in June I'll go to Tunisia and be with my husband till this nightmare is over.its been 14 months since we've been together

Timeline

We are a cr1 and denied, now our case at nvc AGAIN! Talk about stress, I've remodeled 2 bathrooms lol but in June I'll go to Tunisia and be with my husband till this nightmare is over.its been 14 months since we've been together

How can you pack up and move like that? It almost seems like that is what the embassies expects hi-fraud nation petitioners to do. I am a divorced mother with custody of my child and therefore I am in the US of A until he is 18. While I do love my fiance, I love my kid more and won't move to Nigeria and leave my kid here. No way. But it almost seems like that is the demonstration of love that the embassy expects. lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

My children are grown and married and very supportive, my mother passed in Aug so my dad will travel with me, I love Tunisia and its like my home too. And yep I think the embassy co ( marriage gods) does this to see how much we really love each other lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.