valverdeveslings

Opinions about Sending Dog to U.S. from Chile

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are planning to have our dog shipped to us via LAN Cargo. We are putting her on a direct flight from Santiago, Chile to Los Angeles and were wanting her to arrive on June 19th. However the more I think about it I'm getting worried that in mid june it will be too hot in LA and overall too dangerous for her. What would you do in our situation? It's not ideal but if it means our dog is safe we would put her on the next flight here before it starts to get too hot.

I think it would be better if you help her transition into the warmer weather. If she gets here in May, she'll have time to adapt but if she gets here when it's already 100 degrees, she might get sick. Also, remember it's a long flight from Santiago so she needs time to recover from that too.

My dog went from stinking hot Australia in the summer to freezing cold Georgia in the Winter with snow. He was fine.

Unless the dog will be stuck outside in sweltering heat after being in the cold I wouldn't stress. Does the dog stay outside? If its an inside dog it will be able to stay in the cool anyway inside the house and not be in the sun sweating.

IR1 - Spouse VisaPetition I-130

Posted from Australia 05/24/2014

Email receipt received 06/09/2014

Paid from Bank 06/09/2014

Approved online update on case status 06/20/2014

Received NOA1 in the post 06/22/2014

NOA2 received in post 07/10/2014

NVC

Email from NVC 8/7/2014

AoS ready for paymentDS-261 submitted 8/8/2014

AoS Fee Paid 8/12/2014

AoS and IV scan date 10/25/2014

Checklist: 12/18/2014

Posted updated packet for checklist on 2/25/2015

Received by NVC 3/2/2015

Case Complete: 3/2/2015

Interview: 4/21/2015

Approved: 4/21/2014

POE: 6/2/2015<p>

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are planning to have our dog shipped to us via LAN Cargo. We are putting her on a direct flight from Santiago, Chile to Los Angeles and were wanting her to arrive on June 19th. However the more I think about it I'm getting worried that in mid june it will be too hot in LA and overall too dangerous for her. What would you do in our situation? It's not ideal but if it means our dog is safe we would put her on the next flight here before it starts to get too hot.

It doesn't get Hot in LA

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

My dog went from stinking hot Australia in the summer to freezing cold Georgia in the Winter with snow. He was fine.

Unless the dog will be stuck outside in sweltering heat after being in the cold I wouldn't stress. Does the dog stay outside? If its an inside dog it will be able to stay in the cool anyway inside the house and not be in the sun sweating.

That's really good to know. The dog will be inside all the time, what I was worried about was being her being stuck in the plane or on the tarmac if it's too hot out.

It doesn't get Hot in LA

Not really hot, but it can get in the 90s. Some airlines don't accept dogs when its over 85 degrees

I think it would be better if you help her transition into the warmer weather. If she gets here in May, she'll have time to adapt but if she gets here when it's already 100 degrees, she might get sick. Also, remember it's a long flight from Santiago so she needs time to recover from that too.

I think so too! We decided to bring her here within the next two weeks when the weather will be nice and cool for her.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.