themoldy1

K3 visa - what's the best case scenario?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

We're still intending to apply for a K3 even though the chances seem almost nil that it will achieve any processing. But we're still waiting for green light on my wife's US job (hopefully this afternoon). Once we get that, we are going to apply for Exceptional Filing via USE Stockholm Consular/USCIS London. If that doesn't succeed, we'll submit the I-130 and once NOA1 is received send in an I-129f.

On the stats page is says the average time to interview on K3 is 348 days (only 35 cases on record) and 410 for IR-1 (over 1,100 cases), so K3 may be faster by a month or so but as everyone has said it seems to be rarer than Willy Wonka's golden ticket!

Thanks for the stats! It's really difficult when there is so little on K-3 and specially in swedish cases. It's made me unsure if and how you do the process. But anyhow I still haven't found any source saying that you are not allowed to send a I-129f from Sweden... so I think will try it ASAP!

Regarding "Exceptional filing" I only found this source on what is accepted: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/petition/file/filing-immigrant-petitions-outside-the-u-s.html

But it sounded like your guys might already be in the country or the work situation with your wife might give you a possibility. (Good luck with this by the way, fingers crossed) When my husband called the embassy in Stockholm they were really tricky in answering questions. But I found an emailadress where if you are really clear and maybe panicking ;) in explaining the situation and your question you might be able to get a straight answer on if it is or it is not an exceptional filing. But really read it through the info they are a bit picky... and not really promising anything... just saying.

Link: http://sweden.usembassy.gov/consulate/iv_faqnew.html

Would be interesting to know how it goes! Goos luck!

USCIS Petition

Form I-130: Petition for Alien Relative

1 May 2015: Mailed I-130 to Chicago

12 May 2015: Received NOA1 by email, file routed to CSC

12 June 2015: Received NOA2 by email!!!

NVC Stage

2 July 2015: NVC received file

21 July 2015: NVC case number assigned and AOS invoice received

24 July 2015: DS-261 Choice of Agent available and applied on webpage

26 July 2015: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on 28 July 2015)

6 August 2015: DS-261 Choice of Agent Completed and Approved on phone with NVC, IV bill invoiced

13 August 2015: Paid IV bill Again (payment portal showed PAID on 17 August 2015, (payment portal showed REJECTED on 11 August 2015

15 August 2015: Sent IV documents and AOS package together

17 August 2015: DS-260 Application for Immigrant Visa Available and completed

18 August 2015: Scan Date IV documents and AOS package

21 August 2015: Received Confirmation email of Scan Date

4 September 2015 : Case Completed at NVC (“3 N/A” on CEAC on 7 September, Confirmed with NVC 8 September )

15 September 2015 : Receive Instruction or Interview appointment letter

Embassy Stage

23 July 2015: Medical completed

14 October : Date Received By Consulate

19 October: CEAC Update/ Letter from Embassy Received pkt 4

26 October 2015 : Interview Day- Passed but need to send a NEW version of the Form I-864

30 October 2015: New Form I-864 Received by Embassy

3 November 2015 : CEAC Visa status - Issued :dancing:

4 november 2015: Visa in hand

5 November 2015: Payed Visa fee on ELIS

6 November 2015: POE YAY!!!

25 November 2015: Applied for replacement of SSN card at the local office

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

We have submitted the Exceptional Filing request to Stockholm - nothing will happen today due to the Ascension Holiday, but hopefully we'll get a reply via them from USCIS London early next week. We've decided to forget about the K3 visa, owing to it having no employment permission associated with it. So it's IR-1 all the way from now, either through Stockholm's Immigration Visa Unit, or USCIS Chicago/NVC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What was the basis of your request?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. Article 10(1).

:rofl::rofl:

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.