Russ&Caro

Colombia - are you waiting for scheduling of interview in Bogota?

261 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Called NVC and was told my wife's interview is on June 3, which coincidentally is 365 days exactly from our NOA1 date - the day USCIS received our I-130. :dancing:

I know my wife would be interested in meeting anyone else who has an interview the week of June 1 to June 5, as she goes to the medical appts and waits for the final interview. She will be flying in from Cali.

Russ

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Congrats guys! Wish you all the best of luck in your interviews.

I just got a CC so I will give it some time before I can expect my intervire, but looking forward to hear more about your scheduling and experiences.

Buena suerte

Timeline

Congrats guys! Wish you all the best of luck in your interviews.

I just got a CC so I will give it some time before I can expect my intervire, but looking forward to hear more about your scheduling and experiences.

Buena suerte

you should just call and see if by any chance they were able to put you in june.

Timeline

Called NVC and was told my wife's interview is on June 3, which coincidentally is 365 days exactly from our NOA1 date - the day USCIS received our I-130. :dancing:

I know my wife would be interested in meeting anyone else who has an interview the week of June 1 to June 5, as she goes to the medical appts and waits for the final interview. She will be flying in from Cali.

Russ

Congrats!

Timeline

Good morning everyone for those of you who are already received your interview date has any one revived there interview email heat I called this morning and the lady seemed to surprised that I didn't have mine yet makes me think did they forget to send mine then she said give a week or two does bayone know how long it takes to get that email and have any June interview gotten theres thanks in advance :) interview is 05:06/2015

06/05 typo

Timeline

Good morning everyone for those of you who are already received your interview date has any one revived there interview email heat I called this morning and the lady seemed to surprised that I didn't have mine yet makes me think did they forget to send mine then she said give a week or two does bayone know how long it takes to get that email and have any June interview gotten theres thanks in advance :) interview is 05:06/2015

06/05 typo

I believe it takes up to a week to receive the email. Not sure if the embassy needs to receive the package from NVC, or not, before the email is sent out. One of the key things you're going to want to do is make a doctor's appointment and a laboratory appointment (blood draw) for the day(s) before your interview. Once again, VisaJourney to the rescue as they have much of this information outlined here:

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Colombia&cty=Bogota

There's a list of 3 doctors and 1 laboratory on this page. Note: it could be somewhat out of date so you'll want to ask them if their services still qualify as certified for purposes of immigration. Also, I know there are many vaccinations required and I don't know if you have to have them in Bogota or if you can take care of that ahead of time. The email is likely to either have an up to date list of medical providers or a link to such.

Probably best to call for appointments on Monday as today is a holiday.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque

Timeline

Thanks everyone for updating this consular thread. We are approaching this step soon ( i hope ), and I am glad to see they are scheduling again.

PETITION I-130

1/2/2015 - Petition sent to Phoenix Lockbox

1/6/2015 - NOA #1 Receipt

7/1/2015 - NOA #2 Approved

7/10/2015 - Email from Nebraska stating sent the case to NVC

NVC

7/16/15 - Case Received by NVC

7/30/15 - Case number assigned

8/3/15 - DS-261 Agent available

8/4/15 - DS-261 Agent completed

8/4/15 - AOS fee available & paid

8/6/15 - Check cleared the bank & bar-code cover sheet now available

8/13/15 - AOS Packet & IV Packet sent to NVC by priority mail

8/15/15 - IV fee available & paid same day

8/17/15 - NVC received package

8/19/15 - Check cleared the bank & DS-260 available & DS-260 completed!!! ALSO, we received email notification from NVC that they received package on 8/17

- Case completed at NVC

- Case sent to Embassy on this date

EMBASSY

- Embassy received packet

- Wife received Packet 3/4 Instructions

- Medical appointment

- Interview

Point of Entry

- Enter Austin, Texas

Timeline

I believe it takes up to a week to receive the email. Not sure if the embassy needs to receive the package from NVC, or not, before the email is sent out. One of the key things you're going to want to do is make a doctor's appointment and a laboratory appointment (blood draw) for the day(s) before your interview. Once again, VisaJourney to the rescue as they have much of this information outlined here:

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Colombia&cty=Bogota

There's a list of 3 doctors and 1 laboratory on this page. Note: it could be somewhat out of date so you'll want to ask them if their services still qualify as certified for purposes of immigration. Also, I know there are many vaccinations required and I don't know if you have to have them in Bogota or if you can take care of that ahead of time. The email is likely to either have an up to date list of medical providers or a link to such.

Probably best to call for appointments on Monday as today is a holiday.

. Thank you so much for your information we are calling today to ask about making an appointment j called a couple de on thur and the said it takes 2-3 day to process and do ten examines and stuff a s that people should schedule there appointments a couple weeks ahead of time

Timeline

My wife called one of the doctors and the laboratory from the list on the linked embassy page and was able to get appointments for the Monday before her interview on Weds, 5 June. Now all we need is the interview confirmation email, confirmation of the NVC application shipment to Bogota, flights, hotels and some calm nerves for 30 days, and we're set.

http://www.visajourn...mbia&cty=Bogota

Timeline

Hello again everyone,

Just to keep you on the loop.

Got my interview date assigned and got my CC and Interview letter today.

CC: 28/04/2015

Interview date: 18/06/2015

Congratulations laucs72! I believe many of us received our P4 interview letters this morning. I did, as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.