IcezMan_IcezLady

CO requested a co-sponsor but im not sure CO looked at my tax transcript for 2014

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Congressmen and senators have special aides and liaisons that only deal with immigration matters. Period.

You are early in your journey and still green behind the ears based on many of your comments.

Research more and don't post compulsively when you don't have the facts.

Good luck dealing with the embassy and resolving anything if the embassy will not answer your emails and calls.

That is why we have representatives and yes it is their job, check out their web sites !

I agree 100%. I got my Senator's office involved with our case and they do help you. They will also keep our case open until my Fiancé is granted a visa.

s-event.png

s-event.png

s-event.png

Marriage: June 15, 2015

File I-130: June 29, 2015

USCIS PD: June 30, 2015

NOA 1: July 2, 2015 (Nebraska)

NOA 2: December 10, 2015 (161 days)

NOA 2- Hard copy: December 16, 2015

Case Sent to NVC: December 17, 2015

NVC:

Case received: December 21, 2015

Case and IIN#: January 5, 2016

Choice of Agent -DS-261: January 6, 2016

AOS Fee Invoiced: January 6, 2016

AOS Fee Paid: January 6, 2016

IV Fee Invoiced: January 7, 2016

IV Fee Paid: January 19, 2016

DS-260 Completed: January 19, 2016

Sent AOS & IV Packets: January 28, 2016

Scan Date: January 29, 2016

Case Complete: March 2, 2016

Interview Scheduled & Letter Received: May 25, 2016

Interview Date: July 18, 2016

Visa In Hand:

POE:

Filed: Timeline

hmm.

Sometimes its not in whats posted, its in whats not posted.

putting aside the whole CO made a mistake and is suffering from a temporary case of dyslexia that will be fixed when the congresspeople challenge them-

Common causes why an apparently high enough amount isnt accepted include-

-length at job -(you did state recently promoted- perhaps its being viewed as 'new job' so unstable, is it a different company? division? If so, or it appears that way on paper any thing you can do to explain its one and the same place will overcome that. Such as Comag a division of Hearst Corp. Some get paid from Comag, others by Hearst. If you were inter-promoted your check can change. )

-type of employment -seasonal work can be frowned upon and considered unstable and co-sponsors can be asked for even when the pay is at the limit

-miscalculations. Example- my pay last year was 24k because I had a job that paid 2k a month- but in reality you only worked it for 3 months (oct nov and dec) so reality is you earned 6k last year. This year your job pays 3k a months so you say you earn 36k a year, in reality youve only earned 15k so far (it being May Im being gracious) This is called counting the chickens before they are hatched. Its great to be optimistic. But its bad public policy when it comes to gambling with public assistance funds.

It truly is up to the COs discretion. You do have several options if you feel you were unfairly denied. You can contact the embassy directly (now) and ask for it to be reviewed with additional evidence. Either do this yourself or through your congressperson. Or wait and attempt to sway them at the interview. If it fails have your cosponsor ready because you do not want this to be the end.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

hmm.

Sometimes its not in whats posted, its in whats not posted.

putting aside the whole CO made a mistake and is suffering from a temporary case of dyslexia that will be fixed when the congresspeople challenge them-

Common causes why an apparently high enough amount isnt accepted include-

-length at job -(you did state recently promoted- perhaps its being viewed as 'new job' so unstable, is it a different company? division? If so, or it appears that way on paper any thing you can do to explain its one and the same place will overcome that. Such as Comag a division of Hearst Corp. Some get paid from Comag, others by Hearst. If you were inter-promoted your check can change. )

-type of employment -seasonal work can be frowned upon and considered unstable and co-sponsors can be asked for even when the pay is at the limit

-miscalculations. Example- my pay last year was 24k because I had a job that paid 2k a month- but in reality you only worked it for 3 months (oct nov and dec) so reality is you earned 6k last year. This year your job pays 3k a months so you say you earn 36k a year, in reality youve only earned 15k so far (it being May Im being gracious) This is called counting the chickens before they are hatched. Its great to be optimistic. But its bad public policy when it comes to gambling with public assistance funds.

It truly is up to the COs discretion. You do have several options if you feel you were unfairly denied. You can contact the embassy directly (now) and ask for it to be reviewed with additional evidence. Either do this yourself or through your congressperson. Or wait and attempt to sway them at the interview. If it fails have your cosponsor ready because you do not want this to be the end.

Thanks for your response.

so let me clarify.

I worked 2 part time jobs and one temporary job last year. Prior to filing my petition, i had only part time job, fresh out of college. I started a temporary job with a govt organization a month of petition.

That temporary job ended with a promotion to a permanent position (continuous , as it is called in govt jobs).

I got another offer in a different division within the same department which cater to my degree and pays more.

so im Summary, i have transitioned to 3 positions since this process.

And by the way, i still work one of my part time jobs for one day in a week ( to stay busy on the weekend ).

So, that's it.

I dont intend to drag this into a lengthy issue with the embassy... I just want to UNDERSTAND.

thanks folks.. and good luck to everyone.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I really don't buy this idea that people need to contact a Congressman or Senator for this stuff. It's not their job. It's your jobs as the petitioner to deal with these issues on your own.

another unhelpful post from this troll. You are incorrect again.

Representation

Members of the House have a duty to represent the citizens of the district that elected them and/or their state and they also represent Americans in general. The nature of our locally elected representational system creates a situation in which House members must constantly weigh the interests of their constituents in their decision making. They are regularly confronted with situations in which they must prioritize the needs or rights of one group of constituents over another. For example, a House member from a state with a large agriculture industry might vote to repeal agricultural subsidies despite the negative impact on his local constituents, as reducing the deficit will improve economic conditions for all Americans.

Source:

http://work.chron.com/duties-congressmen-have-21290.html

Edited by Karmalious

PETITION I-130

1/2/2015 - Petition sent to Phoenix Lockbox

1/6/2015 - NOA #1 Receipt

7/1/2015 - NOA #2 Approved

7/10/2015 - Email from Nebraska stating sent the case to NVC

NVC

7/16/15 - Case Received by NVC

7/30/15 - Case number assigned

8/3/15 - DS-261 Agent available

8/4/15 - DS-261 Agent completed

8/4/15 - AOS fee available & paid

8/6/15 - Check cleared the bank & bar-code cover sheet now available

8/13/15 - AOS Packet & IV Packet sent to NVC by priority mail

8/15/15 - IV fee available & paid same day

8/17/15 - NVC received package

8/19/15 - Check cleared the bank & DS-260 available & DS-260 completed!!! ALSO, we received email notification from NVC that they received package on 8/17

- Case completed at NVC

- Case sent to Embassy on this date

EMBASSY

- Embassy received packet

- Wife received Packet 3/4 Instructions

- Medical appointment

- Interview

Point of Entry

- Enter Austin, Texas

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Based on my experience when my husband his interview I included taxes for the last 3 years all of which was over the poverty guidelines for income of 4. So they may look at more than just one year. Wish you the best at getting this fixed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.