sfombin

Dilemma - I need a solution, Please

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline

I feel your pain.. and these stories are common with some ghanaian women who turn into something else upon arriving here in the US. If you really feel she's not someone who will change. then i'll advice you save your energy, talk to a divorce attorney and find a peaceful way to walk out of her life. Her deeds will will surely folllow her.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Five off-topic posts have been removed. Please stick to the OP's issues.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Check your state 's divorce law. If your State is community properties state, she can have portion of your 401k,saving, and other properties. If worse, you have to give half of all you have.

I want her and me to take a trip to Ghana, destroy her green card upon arrival and contact the US consulate not to grant her a visa to return to the U.S. Is this possible?

Lol, yes, do that I am sure you will enjoy jail.

Edited by Fan_Dancer

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Talk about being mature. You don't "come across" her searches. Seek and you shall find, is what I have found from my own experience.

If you no longer wish to be married to this person, get a divorce.

Any time invested in trying to get back at her is precious time and energy wasted that you could otherwise use in healing and moving on.

To answer your question, you can't control what she does or she does not do, as you clearly have not been able to control her desire to send her money to her family or the fact that she will not sign the beneficiary change.

You can either get a divorce asap or try and have an adult conversation with her and decide as a couple what you want to do.

I wish you the best in whatever decision you make!

UnaMexicana

:yes:Intelligence trumps muscle... Imagination trumps both! :yes:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Cd. Juarez, Mexico
Met: January, 2006 :D
Marriage (if applicable): 2012-10-26 (L)
I-130 Sent : 2014-08-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-08-04

I-130 NOA2 : 2015-05-14

Shipped to DoS: 2015-05-22

Received at NVC: 2015-06-01

Case Created at NVC: 2015-06-10 (from Julian Date calculation)

AOS and IV Fee Invoiced: 2015-06-11
AOS and IV Fee Paid: Website down as of 06-15... Just waiting...
AOS and IV Fee Paid: 2015-07-05 CEAC site finally UP! :dancing:

AOS and Civil Docs received at NVC: 2015-10-13

NVC checklist for obsolete i864: 2015-11-25

Submit updated i864: ?????? when my lawyer desires... :clock:
Submit updated i864: Did NOT wait for lawywer. Did it myself 2015-12-10
NVC received reply to checklist i864: 2015-12-10 (yes.. same day O.O)

NVC case completed: 2016-01-07
NVC assigned interview date: 2016-01-23
Interview at CJS consulate: 2016-03-30

Visa "Issued": 2016-04-05
Entered the US: 2016-04-27

SSN Arrived: 2016-05-07 ... wow TEN days!

N-400

Filed Online: 2020-06-30

NOA: 2020-07-01

Biometrics Letter: 2021-04-08
Biometrics Appointment: 2021-05-03
Interview Scheduled/Cancelled: 2021-06-25 (never received online nor mail notification, just an email reply to tier 2 inquiry about status)

Interview ReScheduled: 2021-11-02

Interview Date: 2021-11-30

Oath ceremony Scheduled/Cancelled/Placed in Line: 2021-12-01
Oath: 2022-1-24 ... JOURNEY OVER! 😺

event.png

event.png

I totally understand how you feel.

but don't worry too much... she has conditional green card. and...

hers conditional green card expires in 10 months.

it will be lil bit difficult to file 10 years green card(permanent gc) after you divorce with her.

but don't try to destroy hers life.. i understand it but you don't need to waste your time.

just calm down and find a lawyer to divorce with her before gc expires. and leave her.

and even joint stuff you can make it yours without her....

she will have hard time again once she files 10 yrs greencard without you.

and she will get soo nervous and feel so desperate until she receive 10 yrs green card

it takes around 6 or 12 months.

then she may look back what she has done :)

sooo.. don't worry too much and don't waste your emotional feeling to her if you already realized that your spouse were cheating on you. or married her. at least you both were loving eachother thats why you decided to marry her.

if you are really worried about spending money for hers family. you don't need to give money to her and close joint bank account.... you don't need to make more and more drama for it.

then fine..

just... don't make more and more drama and don't talk bad stuff about your wife. Because she is still your wife. but if she act so foolish and selfish to spend money like that. you can close it and don't give money to her. she has green card she can make her own money to send it to hers family.

if she figure it out that what you did about money issue. she may be freaked out and you guys will argue.

then record it lol

:)

I filed i-130 and sponsored my spouse to the United States from Ghana. Ever since she arrived 14 months ago, we have had about two months of good time with no quarrels. 12 of the 14 months have been hell. I have over $170K in my 401K and decided to change my beneficiary because I do not want her to get the money in case anything happens to me; but she refused to sign the change of beneficiary form.

When I send money to my family in Ghana, she is not too happy about it; but she works and send her money to her family without consulting with me. She does not support me in anyway. I invested about $40K for our wedding and to get her to the U.S. Now I am regretting I ever brought her here.

Recently, I came across some searches she made on her phone. Just to name a few of those searches, she was googling the following: how do i know my boss is in love with me? how do i know when it's right to get a divorce?...

I am beginning to feel she married me just to come to the U.S, use and dump me. Why would she refuse to sign the 401K change in beneficiary and do all the negative things she does?

Her conditional green card expires in 10 months. I know I will nott assist her in removing the conditions. I want her to go back to Ghana before her card expires, without any possibility of coming back to the U.S. My question is how do I do that?

If she is in Ghana at the time her card expires, she will not be able to remove the conditions by herself from there; but if she is here even after the card expires, she can still remove the condition.

I want her and me to take a trip to Ghana, destroy her green card upon arrival and contact the US consulate not to grant her a visa to return to the U.S. Is this possible?

I wish I had stayed single; better still married someone from the U.S.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by toribae1031
Swear in 03/20/2015

U.S. Citizenship 2015 Nov~

Removing conditions on Residency

I-751 Filed 06/09/2014
NOA 1 NEVER RECEIVED (EDIT - MY HUSBAND PUT THAT LETTER IN THE CAR...GRRRR I JUST NOTICED THAT AFTER I RECEIVED MY GREENCARD)
Biometrics 07/14/2014
(Case transfer from VSC to CSC Oct/29/2014)
RFE Received 12/18/2014
2nd Bio 01/23/2015
3rd Bio 02/03/2015 + Infopass for I-551 stamp
RFE Responded 02/04/2015 (Mailed RFE Jan 30)
Approved!!!!! 02/10/2015
Card Mailed 02/17/2015 Card was picked up by the usps 02/18/2015
Card in hand 02/21/2015 !!!!!

Adjust to permanent resident status

Filed 05/03/2012
NOA 1 05/07/2012(notice date)
Biometrics 06/08/2012
(Case transfer from VSC to CSC June/01/2012)
Approved 09/05/2012
(welcome notice with card)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Wow. Did that say what I think it said?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Do you have any tangible proof that she married you just to make it here other than mere sentiments? From your own story it did seem like a real marriage that's failing... you stated that you argued for two months and for whatever the argument, the marriage has just been impacted. marriage is tough bro and take it easy less you hurt yourself worse than it already is.

This.

You're mad at her for not signing a piece of paper that says that you'll leave her penniless if you die? And SHE'S to blame?

*I am the (female) petitioner, my husband  is an Australian citizen *

Lifting Conditions
Event Date
CIS Office : California Service Center
Date Filed : 2017-12-11
NOA Date : 2017-12-14
RFE(s) :  
Bio. Appt. : 2018-01-23
Interview Date :  
Approval / Denial Date :  
Approved :  
Got I551 Stamp : No
Green Card Received :  
Comments : Transferred June 11, 2018.  Receipt WAC18075

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Chicago IL
Date Filed : 2019-01-02
NOA Date :  
Bio. Appt. : 2019-01-25
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  
Comments :  

Filed: Timeline

I filed i-130 and sponsored my spouse to the United States from Ghana. Ever since she arrived 14 months ago, we have had about two months of good time with no quarrels. 12 of the 14 months have been hell. I have over $170K in my 401K and decided to change my beneficiary because I do not want her to get the money in case anything happens to me; but she refused to sign the change of beneficiary form.

When I send money to my family in Ghana, she is not too happy about it; but she works and send her money to her family without consulting with me. She does not support me in anyway. I invested about $40K for our wedding and to get her to the U.S. Now I am regretting I ever brought her here.

Recently, I came across some searches she made on her phone. Just to name a few of those searches, she was googling the following: how do i know my boss is in love with me? how do i know when it's right to get a divorce?...

I am beginning to feel she married me just to come to the U.S, use and dump me. Why would she refuse to sign the 401K change in beneficiary and do all the negative things she does?

Her conditional green card expires in 10 months. I know I will nott assist her in removing the conditions. I want her to go back to Ghana before her card expires, without any possibility of coming back to the U.S. My question is how do I do that?

If she is in Ghana at the time her card expires, she will not be able to remove the conditions by herself from there; but if she is here even after the card expires, she can still remove the condition.

I wish I had stayed single; better still married someone from the U.S.

Thanks for your help.

Dude if U are done with the marriage, get a law firm that can file a divorce,

and can prepare an iron-clad will with your thoughts of why she marry you

and her treatment and choose a beneficiary....she is already savvy to the ways

here, don't be hateful move on, I would move out, then have her served

please forget about her going back home focus on you assets now because she

is your responsibility (i864) I would not reveal to no one I made a will

except atty & executor, amicably move out split stuff ,let her take what she wants

no arguments, & have a witness when U move out, if you are both on a lease , go

break it.sign yourself off. pay what u Have to just be rid of her

Edited by Jawaree

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

You lost me at wanting to deceive her into going out of the country and destroying her GC. Man get a divorce, protect your accounts

and assets and MOVE ON.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.