spookyturtle

Imported Filipino brides share the ups and downs of settling in America

190 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Total BS. Pinay women are strong. You got to be tough to be married to a Pinay woman. That subservient Asian BS is just that

My wife has zero tolerance for Bs, and pretty much runs the house

Boy is he in for a rude awaking.

My wife is pretty much the same. She has a strong personality and stands up for herself. That's why I love her lol

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

I think an interesting point is the cultural difference in what is considered beautiful.

I remember when I first came to Japan, I would often see some really unattractive Caucasian males walking hand-in-hand with what I considered at the time attractive looking Japanese females. When I commented on this to my Japanese male friends they would say the japanese females were most unattractive. Since living here a while I must now agree. Most Japanese females that date Western males are not lookers by Asian standards... See Killary's bf' s comment on now banned thread.

I noticed the same thing about Filipino women and Thai women who are with older white males (in Ermita, Manila, Philippines for the Filipinos and Pattaya, Thailand for the Thai women). I think majority are unattractive based on my observation and what others have observed (and told me) too.

Check my timeline for K-1 visa & AOS details

Conditional Permanent Resident: 16 September 2014

Conditional GC Expires: 16 September 2016

ROC Journey (CA Service Center)

2016-Sep-14: I-751 form, check, supporting docs sent USPS Priority Express

2016-Sep-15: ROC application received & signed for by Lakelieh

2016-Sep-15: NOA receipt date

2016-Sep-19: $590 check cashed by USCIS

2016-Sep-20: NOA/ 1-year extension letter received in mail

2018-Feb-26: ROC case transferred to local office

2018-Mar-06: ROC approved via USCIS website (WAC status check)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I think an interesting point is the cultural difference in what is considered beautiful.

I remember when I first came to Japan, I would often see some really unattractive Caucasian males walking hand-in-hand with what I considered at the time attractive looking Japanese females. When I commented on this to my Japanese male friends they would say the japanese females were most unattractive. Since living here a while I must now agree. Most Japanese females that date Western males are not lookers by Asian standards... See Killary's bf' s comment on now banned thread.

Is there really an Asian standard? I see a huge difference in what considered attractive between Northern and Southern China let alone the entire Asian continent.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right? I'm a little older than my wife but we are both hot (by Iranian standards).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Is there really an Asian standard? I see a huge difference in what considered attractive between Northern and Southern China let alone the entire Asian continent.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right? I'm a little older than my wife but we are both hot (by Iranian standards).

Hmm. Interesting question. I should have written "Japanese standards". However if you look at plastic surgery in China, Korea and Japan the "ideal" is virtually the same...

With the spread of the Internet fashion, beauty is becoming more homogenous ...

Not sure what your age has to do with it, but glad to hear you and your wife are both hot;)

Total BS. Pinay women are strong. You got to be tough to be married to a Pinay woman. That subservient Asian BS is just that

My wife has zero tolerance for Bs, and pretty much runs the house

I agree. I am like that to my husband. But I also make sure he knows he is still the head of the family. I just know when to speak up when I know something isn't right.

I noticed the same thing about Filipino women and Thai women who are with older white males (in Ermita, Manila, Philippines for the Filipinos and Pattaya, Thailand for the Thai women). I think majority are unattractive based on my observation and what others have observed (and told me) too.

Yeah, there's this thing in the Philippines that we think foreigners (non-pinoys) are usually attracted to the ones that Filipinos dont think are attractive at all. I was one of those people... then lo and behold.. I ended up with an American (not older though, he's around my age).. Hahahaha

I agree. I am like that to my husband. But I also make sure he knows he is still the head of the family. I just know when to speak up when I know something isn't right.

Yeah, there's this thing in the Philippines that we think foreigners (non-pinoys) are usually attracted to the ones that Filipinos dont think are attractive at all. I was one of those people... then lo and behold.. I ended up with an American (not older though, he's around my age).. Hahahaha

You are Korrect. Many times the girls that are not considered beautiful in the Philippines are thought to be very attractive here

My wife calls it exotic beauty

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hmm. Interesting question. I should have written "Japanese standards". However if you look at plastic surgery in China, Korea and Japan the "ideal" is virtually the same...

With the spread of the Internet fashion, beauty is becoming more homogenous ...

Not sure what your age has to do with it, but glad to hear you and your wife are both hot;)

My wife told me Asian women have surgery to make their eyes look bigger. Smh

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Oh yeah. And chins chiselled. They want a heart shaped face. Look at Japanese anime for the ideal shape .

Not sure about China but in Korea, mother and daughter plastic surgery is the rage -to deceive a prospective husband for the daughter-lol.

Mind you back in the UK many women have breast implants, their teeth whitened , Botox etc. The future is bleak for young women world wide!!!!

You are Korrect. Many times the girls that are not considered beautiful in the Philippines are thought to be very attractive here

My wife calls it exotic beauty

Yeah! Exotic beauties!

Not only eyes, they "lift" their smiles too. Mostly in S. Korea I think.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2399795/South-Korea-disturbing-new-Smile-Lift-surgery-creates-Joker-style-perma-smiles-women.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

women here were too independent. :lol:

The sad part was that he was dumb enough to say it to a reporter knowing it was going to be published. Crazy.

She was not much better though "I married him because I always dreamed of marrying an American man"

I wish they were on this site to get their take on it - I wonder if those quotes are exact or if they were both fuming when they read the article.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey! Another racist article making Asians out to be mere commodities! What a big surprise.

Asian women are imported. Because they are just things. A human bride, like one from England, is immigrated. These kinds of articles are reverse-engineered where we figure out what the racist audience wants to hear, and put that racial prejudice in headlines as if it were "news".

The feminists have their due, with the racist attack on Asians being "subservient". They're just slave commodities, and they even use the word servitude. . No self respect, no dignity, just objects. Front and center in our article is the abused victims. We'll harp on the abuse these poor Filipinas face, and say that they only stay with their men because they feel indebted to them, and then say we can't really be sure about how much abuse there is. We're just making sure to put a big spotlight on abuse to reinforce the perception of Asians as less than fully human and their husbands as abusive monsters.

The abuse from being older isn't anywhere near as bad as the "culture gap". lol. It's so bad that one woman was quoted as saying her husband couldn't sleep in a bed with seven people. Wow - can you believe they stay married?! Of course, we're again told she doesn't divorce him because she feels obligated to stay with her abusive bodybuilder husband.

The masterpiece of this article though is getting a Filipina to say that she feels like a commodity because she was on a dating site. Well done deception. If we get a white girl to say that she feels like a commodity because she put a profile on a dating site, we can't make that into a negative racial stereotype against Asian girls. So we get an Asian girl to say it. White girls from the USA - those are fully human. Even the ones who say they feel like a commodity because they too are on a dating site.

Racist propaganda like this likes to pretend the blame can be placed on the husbands, despite the husband MARRYING them. You write all this contemptuous horse about Asian women and then pretend it is the husbands who think of them as sub-human when it is the author and racist audience being pandered to.

The sad part was that he was dumb enough to say it to a reporter knowing it was going to be published. Crazy.

She was not much better though "I married him because I always dreamed of marrying an American man"

I wish they were on this site to get their take on it - I wonder if those quotes are exact or if they were both fuming when they read the article.

Exactly, American women are too independent so let me get a woman who dreams of marrying an American man because she wants to come to America.

I see he really think he improved his situation.

:huh:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey! Another racist article making Asians out to be mere commodities! What a big surprise.

Asian women are imported. Because they are just things. A human bride, like one from England, is immigrated. These kinds of articles are reverse-engineered where we figure out what the racist audience wants to hear, and put that racial prejudice in headlines as if it were "news".

The feminists have their due, with the racist attack on Asians being "subservient". They're just slave commodities, and they even use the word servitude. . No self respect, no dignity, just objects. Front and center in our article is the abused victims. We'll harp on the abuse these poor Filipinas face, and say that they only stay with their men because they feel indebted to them, and then say we can't really be sure about how much abuse there is. We're just making sure to put a big spotlight on abuse to reinforce the perception of Asians as less than fully human and their husbands as abusive monsters.

The abuse from being older isn't anywhere near as bad as the "culture gap". lol. It's so bad that one woman was quoted as saying her husband couldn't sleep in a bed with seven people. Wow - can you believe they stay married?! Of course, we're again told she doesn't divorce him because she feels obligated to stay with her abusive bodybuilder husband.

The masterpiece of this article though is getting a Filipina to say that she feels like a commodity because she was on a dating site. Well done deception. If we get a white girl to say that she feels like a commodity because she put a profile on a dating site, we can't make that into a negative racial stereotype against Asian girls. So we get an Asian girl to say it. White girls from the USA - those are fully human. Even the ones who say they feel like a commodity because they too are on a dating site.

Racist propaganda like this likes to pretend the blame can be placed on the husbands, despite the husband MARRYING them. You write all this contemptuous horse ###### about Asian women and then pretend it is the husbands who think of them as sub-human when it is the author and racist audience being pandered to.

I agree with everything you said here... I would replace the racist label with something else.

There is a stigma with man marrying a woman from a third world country.. A very recent example on this site: there was a photo of some high school kids in front of a confederate flag in Colorado. A man from the south mentioned that "Girls dig southerners" to which someone replied "Then why did you have a foreign bride?" - The implication being of course if he had a foreign bride obviously he had no options here. To this day when I introduce my wife to someone new I work into the conversation as soon as possible that we met on vacation (because I know what they are thinking). Men mostly do not care - she was judged instantly based on her looks and she can only undue what they think by being a ######.. Women it absolutely changes their attitude on the spot. That's life.

Having said that read the original article and then read the comments from a good portion of the men underneath - as a man I find a lot of it embarrassing. I also think a lot of it is posturing BS - as a man I know the allure of youth and beauty to men and why someone who has never had a physically beautiful woman give them attention can be overcome when they do receive that attention. Everything else in the world becomes unimportant.. Nobody admits this so we get the posturing BS.

Edited by OnMyWayID

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect