spookyturtle

The allure of 'yellow fever': New documentary explores why so many white American men aspire to marry Asian women

41 posts in this topic

I don't know about strong, but certainly very obvious. It's a contentious issue to talk about on a site like this. There do seem to be consistently large age gaps between the two parties. While there's nothing wrong with an age gap, I think it's entirely understandable why such relationships are subject to intense scrutiny by immigration when they involve foreign dating websites.

Please. You see how fast the Phillipino women get here on K1 and spouse visas. They are not intensely scrutinized at all.

It doesn't say that the trip in which he brought her home to marry was his first trip to meet her it simply says he flew to meet her and her family. And even if it was his first time meeting her, there are waivers that can be filed under certain circumstances to do away with the meeting criteria of a K-1. So it is possible.

If you read the entire paragraph it does sound like the trip in which he brought her home was at least his second time meeting her.

Good point. I hadn't thought of that. They could have gone through the K-1 or whatever visa process and he went over to bring her back here.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

She would have had to have had the visa before if she was able to come in two weeks. No way she got a K-1 or tourist in that time frame.

Yes, that would be correct.

Filed: Timeline

It doesn't say that the trip in which he brought her home to marry was his first trip to meet her it simply says he flew to meet her and her family. And even if it was his first time meeting her, there are waivers that can be filed under certain circumstances to do away with the meeting criteria of a K-1. So it is possible.

If you read the entire paragraph it does sound like the trip in which he brought her home was at least his second time meeting her.

Not how I read it. Looking at the context, the first "meet" is the online meeting. If that was an in-person meeting, then it makes no sense to write that he flew out to meet her supposedly having already done that previously. Not really important but it's either poorly written or badly researched - or both.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Please. You see how fast the Phillipino women get here on K1 and spouse visas. They are not intensely scrutinized at all.

Maybe the situation has changed. I remember the interview process took significantly longer in some countries with a high reputation for fraud - specifically the far east. That was 10 years ago though, I couldn't say whether or not that is the case now.

Maybe the situation has changed. I remember the interview process took significantly longer in some countries with a high reputation for fraud - specifically the far east. That was 10 years ago though, I couldn't say whether or not that is the case now.

And of course you know this country is pleasurable for military men as well. I wonder if this has anything to do with it.

Not how I read it. Looking at the context, the first "meet" is the online meeting. If that was an in-person meeting, then it makes no sense to write that he flew out to meet her supposedly having already done that previously. Not really important but it's either poorly written or badly researched - or both.

The word 'meet" has different meanings. I see my wife every day, but if the circumstances were correct I could still fly to Canada to meet her and her family. That doesn't mean it's the first time I am meeting her.

My vote is for both.

Edited by Teddy B

And of course you know this country is pleasurable for military men as well. I wonder if this has anything to do with it.

If you wanted me in the thread, all you had to do was ask :rofl:

That's probably because they have port visits there and at one point used to be stationed(Soudic Bay, if memory serves correctly). And being in Japan, Okinawa, or Guam, you're pretty close so...

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

If you wanted me in the thread, all you had to do was ask :rofl:

That's probably because they have port visits there and at one point used to be stationed(Soudic Bay, if memory serves correctly). And being in Japan, Okinawa, or Guam, you're pretty close so...

Sounds like a bunch of petty excuses to me. You have women on the ship with you, on the bases, and in the states.

Don't come on here and make excuses.

Sounds like a bunch of petty excuses to me. You have women on the ship with you, on the bases, and in the states.

Don't come on here and make excuses.

Have you been on the ship? Pickings are slim as hell. You're talking about 100 women and 900 men. Now filter the married ones, too young, too old, and not a good relationship fit. I didn't go trolling through the PI, but I kept my options open in ports and Japan.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Have you been on the ship? Pickings are slim as hell. You're talking about 100 women and 900 men. Now filter the married ones, too young, too old, and not a good relationship fit. I didn't go trolling through the PI, but I kept my options open in ports and Japan.

And you don't date black women . . . . :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I tried to warn you...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

And you don't date black women . . . . :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Of course not. I'm racist, or so I've been told :devil:

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg