Lucia21

Tax transcript(IRS) question and form i-864

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello, I married with USC and applying on GC.

Making form i-864 I confused with submitting docs.

I don't understand I need submit husband's

-tax transcript (what type)

-1099 (where to get it)

- w2 (which print from IRS or which from work they send him(because he had a lot of jobs))

-or what

I'm sorry I just super confused

I came in IRS website (get tax transcript) ,so what exactly i should print and send to uscis from there : Return transcript or wage & income transcript (look like w2) or account

transcript or record of account transcript ???????????????

Thank you for help.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The best thing is to get IRS Tax transcripts. You can just log on to http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcriptand click on Get Transcripts online.

Tax transcripts are proffered by USCIS and if you get them you should not need a W2 or any other tax information

Edited by VFittipaldi

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thank you guys I got it.

I worked just 1 month in June (for my j1 w&t visa) but my employer didn't send me my w2 yet, and system of IRS can't recognize me because my ssn already stopped after my visa was expired, so I think its not a big deal if I'm not gonna do my tax return for 1 month ??? What do you think?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys I got it.

I worked just 1 month in June (for my j1 w&t visa) but my employer didn't send me my w2 yet, and system of IRS can't recognize me because my ssn already stopped after my visa was expired, so I think its not a big deal if I'm not gonna do my tax return for 1 month ??? What do you think?

well I am not an expert but I can say from my experience.

I came to the US for the first time in 2009 like you as a J1 work and travel student. I worked here for almost 4 months and then came back home. My employer did not send my w2 to Russia of course but I got my taxes done through some agency in Russia ( had to pay for it of course). to do so, the agency got a hold of him and received my w2. Same next summer in 2010.

Then I came here as Graduate student on F1 visa. and I didn't have to reapply for SSN because it was still valid. Even when you're out of status, your SSN is still valid!

So I suggest you to call your employer and ask him/her to send you your w2. In this country, taxes are very important so I would file anyway even if you didn't make enough.

07.2012: First met my future husband
01.08.2012: Started dating
04.22.2014: Marriage

02.12.2016: Sent AOS/EAD package

02.16.2016: Priority date on NOA1

02.22.2016: NOA1 Texts/emails received

02.26.2016: hard copies of NOA1 in the mail

03.07.2016 walk-in Biometrics (scheduled for 3/15/2016)

03.21.2016 RFE for I-485

05.19.2016 Second RFE for I-485

07.15.2016 EAD approval notice

MYE7m6.png

305fm6.png

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.