spookyturtle

Has CEHST become a thinly disguised hate forum?

110 posts in this topic

Note that this isn't something directed at mods here, as I don't post enough here anyways to state an opinion specific to the mods here, but from what I've seen in general from all the forums I've participated in and also from having been a mod myself, the best mods are those who always make it a focused intent to do less, only policing the obvious cases that can be done so without bias and/or partial decision making. But most don't do this due to the job they are given, and get a twitchy finger if they find themselves idling for too long. It's extremely easy to convince yourself that a post or poster you don't like is against ToS and/or one that you do like is not.

It's a slippery slope, but what Spook is referring to is the blatant racism that goes on in some threads. All that's missing is the N-word, seriously. Same things with Muslims. And even gay people. It's like it's okay as long as it's not directed at one particular person.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

and a CCW permit to go with that shotgun.

I have heard of some mothers delivering kids with tanks. I'm so serious. I haven't seen it in real life though. Maybe I should ask around on CHEST. :lol:

Fair enough, and, again, I haven't been active on here for quite a while anyways to form an opinion of what is going on in this particular forum. Although it does seem puzzling that a forum purpoted to help foreigners and U.S. citizens helping foreigners to move to the U.S. would contain such racism. To me anyways.

Same thing we can't understand.

Fair enough, and, again, I haven't been active on here for quite a while anyways to form an opinion of what is going on in this particular forum. Although it does seem puzzling that a forum purpoted to help foreigners and U.S. citizens helping foreigners to move to the U.S. would contain such racism. To me anyways.

Not to me. It's what I've been saying, those who have these beliefs can't go anywhere else and say these things. We had a member here a while back who was talking about removing everyone from the US who wasn't white. Even the Native Americans. The punchline? He was engaged to a woman from the PI. Once we pointed that out, he didn't come back...

These people can't go anywhere else. I kind of feel sorry for them. Forever denied membership to the whites only club due to their love of a foreign woman. They can't express it anywhere else simply because it would make their loved ones targets. So they come here and talk about it here since other folks who have the same dilemma can relate..

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I was very shocked to see all posts here that were meant to nothing buy sow hatred. They were embarrassing. The fact that they are allowed on what I believed to be a pro-immigration site is astounding.

There places where that sort of thing is appropriate...IMO this isn't one of them. Oh well not my site....

Its largely irrelevant what the content of this forum is. Whether intended or not, the slow squeeze the Moderators have put on this forum has run the majority of regulars away.

This forum is only averaging about 4 active threads a day. A year ago it was about 8 or 9, and as far back as 2009/2010 it was more than a full page.

exactly. The majority here are like minded.

Incompetent moderation pretty much killed the forum

Not to me. It's what I've been saying, those who have these beliefs can't go anywhere else and say these things. We had a member here a while back who was talking about removing everyone from the US who wasn't white. Even the Native Americans. The punchline? He was engaged to a woman from the PI. Once we pointed that out, he didn't come back...

These people can't go anywhere else. I kind of feel sorry for them. Forever denied membership to the whites only club due to their love of a foreign woman. They can't express it anywhere else simply because it would make their loved ones targets. So they come here and talk about it here since other folks who have the same dilemma can relate..

But yet I see post after post calling people names, who disagree with many of you. Alluding to what would happen to them if the visited your neighborhood. Making masturbation jokes about them. Ridiculing their intelligence, making inbreed jokes.

Then you people have the unmitigated Gaul to start a thread about hate speech.

Marvin this is not meant directly toward you as you are not one of the main culprits, I just happened to hit reply to your post.

But yet I see post after post calling people names, who disagree with many of you. Alluding to what would happen to them if the visited your neighborhood. Making masturbation jokes about them. Ridiculing their intelligence, making inbreed jokes.

Marvin this is not meant directly toward you as you are not one of the main culprits, I just happened to hit reply to your post.

Who is you people?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Mods are an easy scape goat. Nothing more than that. We do too much, we're the gestapo. We don't do enough, we're biased or weak. Its just an internet forum. Why can't you guys just get along? I like all of you, even the ones that don't like me. Giving out free hugs

darth-free-hugs.jpg

Oh and cat pizza:

3-cindysuen-drib-pizza-nyan-cat.gif

Isn't Gaul what France used to called a couple thousand years ago?

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Mods are an easy scape goat. Nothing more than that. We do too much, we're the gestapo. We don't do enough, we're biased or weak. Its just an internet forum. Why can't you guys just get along? I like all of you, even the ones that don't like me. Giving out free hugs

darth-free-hugs.jpg

Oh and cat pizza:

3-cindysuen-drib-pizza-nyan-cat.gif

Sometimes I think I'm the only rational one here. I'm not prejudiced either. I hate everyone. Equally. Regardless of race, color or creed. You can't be more moderate than that.

There are very few posters in this forum that are not prejudiced. Butthey almost never post.In factI cannot think of anyone offhand.

Besides me, I think you're right.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

But since you did, I feel obligated to respond.

Considering that quite a few folks wish black people dead and Muslims beheaded, I think the above mentioned things are light in comparison. Two wrongs don't make a right, but if you're going to be racist and hateful, what do you expect? Janelle and I don't start threads talking about how jacked up white people are. We don't post pics of white people and make disparaging comments about them on a daily basis. But when we make fun of racist people, we get called out. What was it we were told? Get thicker skin? Don't whine about it? Looks to me like the ones who start the most ####### can't take it when it's turned back on them. What's even funnier is we don't even get as nasty as they do. They call for our deaths. We make jokes about them. And it's us you want to go after?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg