BlackBee

Only 2 Weeks of Approvals for THREE Months??

31 posts in this topic

I religiously login to the USCIS website almost daily to check if the files in process date has moved or budged, which is the equivalent of watching paint dry or grass grow.

I decided to make a phone call this morning to get some clarification on the dates.

I submitted my petition and received my NOA-1 the end of January. Based on my calculations, we should be adjucated around July/August.

During our submission time, the dates in process were August 1st per their website.

As of today, it says "Information updated Feb 28th" and the files being worked on are August 23rd.

So, i called the VERY knowledgable and helpful people at USCIS for clarification (being sarcastic).

They said that actually Between my NOA-1 date end of January (until today), only 2 weeks of files were processed. The representative then told me that i would be looking at about 5-6 months from todays date, which means we are looking at September/October instead of July/August.

REALLY?!?!?!

I am beyond furious. How can they only process 2 weeks of files in a three month period of time.

I cannot stand the lack of consideration of others that USCIS has. They don't know, live, or see the struggle we all endure each day. This time apart from our better halves causes financial strain, problems, worries, and more.

I wish each of these cronies in the government or USCIS had to go through what we do. Maybe then they would pick things up and fix these bottlenecks.

Instead of adjucators working all different kinds of visa files, they should each only focus on one. For example, when i was younger, my job in banking required me to learn all sorts of loan products to process. When i only had to focus on 1-2 types, i processed with ease and closed a lot of deals. But when they through an odd loan or something new at me, it caused a huge bottleneck in the process. This is how USCIS is too. If they had a set group for I-129F, etc it would go so much smoother in my opinion.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I don't think I can even comment. We waited 224 days at TSC. There have been some recent approvals for couples who waited over 250 days. They are currently processing September filers and the average wait time between NOA1 and NOA2 is hovering around the 220 day mark.

Yep, you are allowed to be furious. Even having been approved, I still am. The delays have caused a great deal of pain, suffering and financial loss, amongst other things, to those affected.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Yep, we're at 229 days today, filed in early September. I sincerely hope you and all the others still waiting in TSC will receive their approvals sooner rather than later. It truly is a heartbreaking process.

K-1 Journey: 309 days from received to POE (TSC)

[september 11, 2014] - I-129F received by USCIS

[september 15, 2014] - NOA1
[May 27, 2015] - NOA2
[July 9, 2015] - I N T E R V I E W! (APPROVED!)
[July 13, 2015] - Issued
[July 14, 2015] - Visa in hand
[July 16, 2015] - POE JFK

AOS Journey: 169 days from received to GC in hand (NSC)

Spoiler

[July 17, 2015] - Successfully applied for SSN

[July 18, 2015] - Sent out AOS package

[July 21, 2015] - Received

[July 24, 2015] - NOA1 (3x)

[August 18, 2015] - Biometrics

[september 19, 2015] - EAD/AP approval (63 days)

[september 24, 2015] - EAD/AP Received

[January 6, 2016] - Green Card approved without interview(166 days)

[January 12, 2016] - Received Green Card

ROC journey starts: October 2017

ROC Journey: 419 days (VSC)

[October 30, 2017] - Sent package

[November 3, 2017] - NOA1

[November 18, 2017] - Biometrics letter received

[December 5, 2017] - Biometrics

[December 18, 2018] - Card is being produced (no interview)

[December 22, 2018] - Received Green Card

Filed: Timeline

I can't believe it....as if it wouldn't be hard enough to be apart from our loved ones...it's like a torture....

I haven't spent as much time at the USCIS as you guys but still....it's annoying, frustrating and there are days when I completely feel lost....with no hope...

I am not a TSC but a VSC filer. I don't even think that our petition will get approved in the near future...sadly...

I religiously login to the USCIS website almost daily to check if the files in process date has moved or budged, which is the equivalent of watching paint dry or grass grow.

I decided to make a phone call this morning to get some clarification on the dates.

I submitted my petition and received my NOA-1 the end of January. Based on my calculations, we should be adjucated around July/August.

During our submission time, the dates in process were August 1st per their website.

As of today, it says "Information updated Feb 28th" and the files being worked on are August 23rd.

So, i called the VERY knowledgable and helpful people at USCIS for clarification (being sarcastic).

They said that actually Between my NOA-1 date end of January (until today), only 2 weeks of files were processed. The representative then told me that i would be looking at about 5-6 months from todays date, which means we are looking at September/October instead of July/August.

REALLY?!?!?!

I am beyond furious. How can they only process 2 weeks of files in a three month period of time.

I cannot stand the lack of consideration of others that USCIS has. They don't know, live, or see the struggle we all endure each day. This time apart from our better halves causes financial strain, problems, worries, and more.

I wish each of these cronies in the government or USCIS had to go through what we do. Maybe then they would pick things up and fix these bottlenecks.

Instead of adjucators working all different kinds of visa files, they should each only focus on one. For example, when i was younger, my job in banking required me to learn all sorts of loan products to process. When i only had to focus on 1-2 types, i processed with ease and closed a lot of deals. But when they through an odd loan or something new at me, it caused a huge bottleneck in the process. This is how USCIS is too. If they had a set group for I-129F, etc it would go so much smoother in my opinion.

Wow and I was thinking my estimate was bad and even though I thought I was thinking worst case scenario based on this I was way off. I was estimating 2 months for processing a months worth of petitions so if they are finishing September this month they would be working on October for May and June, November for July and August, December for September and October and January for November and December. I too am a January filer and I see no light at the end of this black hole for us. The worst part though is the knowledge that no one cares we can wait 500 days and it wont make a difference to anyone at USCIS or any other part of the government.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I just don't understand how they sell the whole process as being able to be with your loved ones right away if you file as a USC but it still takes over a year from when you file for them to be able to come. That is truly cruel and unusual punishment for people who elected to go about the process the right way. Honestly I wish I had just made my husband apply for a visitor's visa and then have him overstay and we deal with the consequences. Yea it's illegal but everything in my life is on pause while USCIS plays "transfer the responsibility and make up excuses".

I'm at NSC and right now according to the latest timeframe update, we don't even have a timeframe and we're just going of the timeframe on this site which may or maybe not be accurate. They refused to say why that category was taken off the latest update and they can't say if we're being transferred or what's going on.

Every day on the news you hear so much about how many resources are being used and laws being created for people who decided to come into this country illegally and then to stay illegal and not truly contribute but there's nothing being done for people who were born here or spent their time and money to become citizens. There’s no government official out here talking asking questions about why these service centers are so behind. No one is asking for transparency on why the process takes so long. Basically we’re being told to take a number, sit down and shut up and it’s honestly insulting.

09/27/14 Married :content:

12/03/14 Became a US citizen :star:

. .

02/25/15 130 Petition sent

02/27/15 NOA1 date :clock:

07/23/15 NOA2 date

08/03/15 Mailed to NVC

08/07/15 NVC Received

08/19/15 Case number assigned, submitted DS-261

08/20/15 Paid AOS bill

08/25/15 Received welcome letter

08/25/15 Sent AOS & IV package

08/31/15 DS-261 reviewed

08/31/15 AOS & IV scan date confirmed by Sup.

09/02/15 Received IV bill by email

09/03/15 Paid IV bill

09/09/15 Submitted DS-260

09/17/15 Case Completed @ NVC

10/06/15 Expedite Request sent to NVC

11/12/15 Contacted Sen. Marco Rubio for assistance with expedite by email

11/19/15 Expedite Approved

12/9/15 Medical

12/11/15 Interview (Approved)

12/14/15 CEAC Status changed to AP

12/15/15 CEAC Status Changed to Issued

12/18/15 Picked up Passport & booked hubby's ticket.

12/31/15 Ring in the New Years together after 4 years!!!! :dancing:

event.png

The sad part about this is all is that i had a sit down with a local congressman some time ago. He had many complaints from other constituents about these delays and made this comment to me. He said "I am not telling you to do this, but if you want to be with your fiancee right away, have her travel to mexico as no visa is needed for her, and then sneak across the border. No only will you be together much sooner, but she will receive benefits by being an illegal immigrant". He also followed up with his comments about these delays stemming all the way up to the office of President Osama, excuse me, Obama. If he didn't have all this amnesty and special treatment of illegal immigrants, more money and funding would be available for those of us that WANT to do things the legal way. Each day it seems more and more attractive to simply sneak across the border of Texas or Arizona.

The worst part though is the knowledge that no one cares we can wait 500 days and it wont make a difference to anyone at USCIS or any other part of the government.

^This.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Cush

I would say never ever call them again. you will never get a good/real answer from them. I haven't read that someone had a good time talking to them. I personally think these people are trained to get over with the call asap.

There are people who get approved within 165,170,180.. days. there are people who wait 220 and last week there was one who waited 260 days. there are some September fillers who were approved in March and there are others still waiting. Don't lose your hope just stay strong and think that it will be only a bad experience in your entire life.

event.png

Petition received------------------- 12.22.2014

Electronic NOA1 rec. (SRC)-------- 12.24.2014

Electronic NOA2 ----------------------7/20/2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Yep, we're at 229 days today, filed in early September. I sincerely hope you and all the others still waiting in TSC will receive their approvals sooner rather than later. It truly is a heartbreaking process.

When we filed, people waiting over 150 days were feeling left behind. It's just got progressively worse. :(

Off topic, but I love your new photo!!

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It is awful to wait this long, but sometimes (most times, actually hahah) USCIS gives the wrong estimate on purpose to cover themselves. So don't have expectations based on them. Instead, check VJ data. That helps. They'll say they're only in Aug (which they are still approving some) when they're now into Sept and Oct and even November, as we see on VJ. It's still taking an average (NOT everyone, obviously, like wbeem said) of 210 days right now, though. We are happy to have just been approved at 199, so right now it's around there just to get NOA2. Do all you can to make your voice heard (there's a few forums out there w info) like you are doing! I'm with wbeem.. Even after noa2 I'm still angry. It doesn't stop being unfair even after approval.

Also- purely something that personally helped us... Not thinking too much about it or checking USCIS daily. We knew we had months to go, so we stopped checking. Then when it just happened, we were shocked and thrilled moreso than frustrated, since we already had been for months! Once we stopped thinking too much about it, it helped a bit. Doesn't stop the heartache of the process, but helped us to just let go for a bit and focus on other things.

I'm sorry to hear that it'll be a long wait for you guys :( Obviously no one can estimate the time frame or tell you how long it will take since it could slow down or speed up, but it COULD be half way over for you guys based on current data. You have every right to be frustrated because it's just unfair! hopefully you can be encouraged by fellow members on here going though the same thing like we have been! :)

Also- to some posters, please stop suggesting or even commenting about doing things illegally. As much as this process sucks, essentially by telling people about an illegal route you're giving some naive person out there bad ideas. As much as I hate this, I hate when people do things illegally way more. We didn't waste thousands of dollars, time, energy, and heartache to hear how people 'could've been illegal and gotten benefits'. No. Just no. Although I wish that the government would do more for people like us rather than for those who have clearly broken the law, doing things illegally either way is not the way to go about things. And any lawyer recommending or giving ideas on how to do that.... Also no.

K-1 Visa

♥ 10/2/14- I-129F form sent
♥ 10/3/14- USCIS received I-129F
♥ 10/7/14- NOA1
4/24/15- NOA2 [6.5 months; 199 days]
♥ 5/11/15- NVC received & case number assigned
5/13/15- NVC left
5/14/15- Consulate received & ready for interview
6/15/15- Interview- APPROVED!!

7/10/15- Visa in hand

7/11/15- POE

7/14/15- Marriage (Civil)

AOS

7/20/15- AOS/EAD/AP sent together

7/23/15- NOA1 for all 3

8/17/15- Biometrics

8/31/15- Expedited AP document (all in one day)

9/22/15- EAD NOA2

9/30/15- Received EAD/AP combo card

11/20/15- AOS NOA2 (no interview)

11/25/15- Green card received! Woohoo!!!

"Can my fiance(e) visit on VWP while awaiting K-1 visa?"
Check out our recent experience coming through JFK on VWP here!

*Fellow Ecuamerican couples: All info you need to know--

Concise post NOA-2 steps, advice, & consulate info here!*

al6ryq.png

Allie & Santy

It comes and goes in waves. When I began my wait for my petition approval in 2013, it was CSC that was taking forever, according to posters on here, but then suddenly they went on a hiring spree and I saw mine approved shortly afterwards. Then VSC had problems. Now it looks like TSC. Any study of the past several years will confirm that nothing stays stagnant or on the rapid move at any one place for too long.

Edited by Leon & Mylene

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Am I the only person who thinks that the US govt., could do more to relieve this grief, that so many people are so upset about? Clearly something could be done, with two service centers, being months apart, in there approvals, for K-1's.

Yes, apps. are now forwarded to CSC, but nothing has helped the TSC get any approvals out quicker.

I am sure the US govt., is aware of this situation, and I think, ""they just do not care"".,.,.,., God help us get through another 1 and 1/2 years, of the present administration.

I do not care who is elected, which party, or an Independent, just please give us a fresh face, maybe somebody that cares! This govt., does not care!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Wow, this is horrible. I waited 6 months and I thought that was bad. They got even worse since last year. Then I recently heard somoene in California got approved in 10 days. The differences between centers are despicable!!! :protest:

:luv:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.