ashtar0212

5 weeks after N400 Biometrics done, still no inline for interview notice

66 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Not sure how long it took before it switched to "in line for interview" but I wasted 3 month with waiting for the interview after the biometrics. At the end I ended up with 165 days in total which was great for NYC.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thats not true, my friends who was eligible same time as me, they got their interview letters, even some Oath letters.

Its just unfortunate we are one of those who have very common name, or choosen for further name check process which take longer to process.

I will start freaking out after 120 days pass my fingure prints.

So far i had 1 info pass appoitment and officer told me "my case is pending for Seurity check"and i am going to make another info pass for July just before 120 days.

Make sure you keep track of all the info pass letters, open online inquiry copy, Seneter or representive responce copy, USCIS ombusman contact evidance and so on just incase need to open writ of mamrundus.

i do not even have a traffic ticket, never been in trouble with a Law, why me? There is no answer to that by USCIS.

I totally agree...I applied 9 months after I became eligible. And I noticed that some people who are assigned to the same field office as I am, who applied at the same day as I did or later and who had their biometric done a day earlier than me - they already got their invitations last week. I haven't got anything given that I dont have any criminal history or DUI etc, just a couple of traffic tickets in the past; all taxes have been filed on time, been always legally employed since became GRH.

I wish I could know what delays it....In my case, it's been 40 days since the biometric appt - nothing has come yet.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I applied on 1/15/2015, got my biometrics done on 2/22/2015, and my status is still showing as "Case was received". It's been 180 days, and I still haven't received any kind of notice.

USCIS would still not initiate any inquiry, saying my application is within the processing time. I'll see what my congress representatives can do about this.

Edited by leeyw

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

I'm in the same boat, I applied 02/06/2015 (159 days and counting) and I have my biometrics on 03/12/2015 (125 days and counting) my online status still is "On February 25, 2015, we scheduled you for a fingerprint appointment and mailed you an appointment notice for Receipt Number NBC**********. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your appointment notice by March 27, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address." I called the FBI who told me that they could not tell me anything, I called USCIS and requested to talk to a Tier 2 Officer, who called me two hours later to tell me we are still waiting on your background check. Yet, I seen people who applied two months after me at the same USCIS field office (Pittsburg, PA) on this forum and other forums who are almost at the end of the tunnel...

Edited by babyshaq4

" For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

My Timeline

Entered the USA on July 22nd, 1999 on B1/B2 (I-94 valid through January 2000)
Second marriage to the Love of my life on August 5th, 2006
Son born on September 30th, 2007
Son born on August 26th, 2009
Deported/Removed from the US on August 19th, 2010
Filed an I-824 (01-06-2011)
I-824 Approved (01-21-2011) and Forwarded to NBC
Email From The NVC (02-07-2011) Case Received and Case Number Assigned
AOS and IV invoices fees on February 11th, 2011
AOS and IV invoices fees pay on February 14th, 2011
AOS and IV Documents requested by the NVC on February 15th, 2011
AOS and IV Documents sent to the NVC on February 28th, 2011
Case closed on March 15th and Sent to US Consulate - VISA INTERVIEW ON MAY 4TH, 2011 AT 7:30AM
VISA DENIED FOR UNLAWFULL PRESENCE ONE YEAR OR MORE (QUALIFY FOR WAIVER)
Waiver of Inadmissibility filed on May 11th, 2011 in Yaounde, Cameroon.

So this "In Line for Interview " email / status change is done by NBC right ? And then they forward the file to local office ? Some of you were saying stuff about local office I don't think your local office has anything to do with In line for interview status that's done by NBC? However local office do schedule the interview. At least that is my understanding.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Is this delay because of applicants having a common name?

-----Adjustment of Status for both Parents-----------------------------------------------

05/11/2018: Mailed documents I130, I485, I131,I693, NBC for Adjustment of Status

05/16/2018: Received Date/ Priority Date - NOA Received

05/25/2018: Received NOA Bio-metrics for I485 Appt: 06/10/2018

06/10/2018: Bio-metrics are completed

06/12/2018: Received RFE requesting for a Birth Certificate for both parents

07/28/2018: Responded to RFE, sent their non availability of birth certificate copy

08/02/2018: Online status changed to " Request for Evidence was Received"

08/29/2018: Made an info pass appointment requesting for expediting Travel document as parents had to travel India. Expedite request was rejected 

09/14/2018: I131 Parole document was Approved

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I filed on April 10th, bio done May 8th, my status is still sitting at case received. 3 months now and I have not heard anything. Most people who have filed before, same time and after I did with the same field office have received an interview date, it is frustrating.

Pnyim4.png2LiSm4.png

• 1 month later...

Ok guys, I even have forgotten that I am applying for an US natrualization.

Since 03/23, it's been 5 months, I heard nothing from USCIS, about my case.

Fair enough.

BTW, I have no tickets, no criminal history at all, and now it's the time to post this reply, and still go back to the wait game with USCIS.

Good job.

Filed: Timeline

Fair enough.

BTW, I have no tickets, no criminal history at all, and now it's the time to post this reply, and still go back to the wait game with USCIS.

Good job.

I am the same way, Nothing since 3/25. I have no tickets or criminal history aswell.

Did all that, Infopass, Call benifit center and also Congressman.

I dont know how to get this going.

Tired of this wait game.

Filed: Country: Kenya
Timeline

Fair enough.

Good job.

When this happens, usually you will get your inline and interview scheduled around your 6 months since biometrics. You will get it before 9/23 and scheduled for interview couple of days later. They will come back to back if you have been delayed like you have. Keep the faith

I am the same way, Nothing since 3/25. I have no tickets or criminal history aswell.

Did all that, Infopass, Call benifit center and also Congressman.

I dont know how to get this going.

Tired of this wait game.

Wait till 9/25. You shall have heard something by then. Usually it never goes six months past your biometrics date. I know Chicago is notorious for this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Still waiting here as well, this waiting has completely sucked out all the excitement I had, now I just feel sad it is taking so long, the waiting continues :clock:

Pnyim4.png2LiSm4.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Filed on 1/15/2015, biometrics done on 2/22/2015. Online status remained as "Case was received" until 7/20/2015, at which point I was placed in line for interview. It does take a bit longer for some cases, just have to wait it out. Passed interview on 8/24/2015.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Same here. Almost two months since FP. Case status still shows "Case received". Not even a single LUD since biometrics.

One day there has to be a scandal, a headline in newspapers and in 8pm TV for system to shake up and stop this arbitrary treatment of some applications.

I personally am OK if it takes 20 years to process, IF THIS IS HOW LONG IT TAKES. I heard in one of the interviews of Shustmerman, former INS prosecutor who now represents immigrants, that it used to take years to process N400 cases. As frustrating as it may sound, yet there is no sense of arbitrariness in it when you know that agency is truly backed up beyond their capacity and just doesn't have enough resources to handle the flood of applications.

However, that doesn't seem to be the case in majority of delayed cases I read about every day.

If after 6 months or one year or X years of delay your case is finally processed and you are sworn then there was NO REASON TO HOLD IT TO BEGIN WITH!

If there was ANY how come the person in the end gets approved? So , why one has to wait a year and others can get their certificate in 3 motnhs?

It's most obvious violation of the Due Process of law, something which is guaranteed under Constitution, even to non-citizens.

Yes, we aren't entitled to all the protections as Citizens, and yes, there can be legitimate reasons one or other applicant is denied the benefit, but there is absolutely no justification to randomly and arbitrarily take the case of out of the conveyor belt and throw it into a black hole, with scrited "We are waiting for security check" mantra repeated al over.

Why with so mane delays for security checks we don't have arrests and final denials on security grounds? Why months and years after ridiculous delays , as soon as someone files WOM action, USCIS imemdiately processes and approves the case?

Why does it take intervention of federal Court to force them do what they have sworn to do as part of their duty?

The biggest problem of all is that majority of immigrants, especially those who end up in a "black hole" are coming from countries where bureaucrat is treated like an Olympian God and these people are very afraid to legally challenge USCIS or any other government body in charge of adjudicating their applications.

They think it's good to be afraid and hope for the mercy of "Gods", and all they can do is pray for brighter tomorrow.

You must take action! Even if you post few times a week on internet and spread awareness, this ALONE IS AN ACTION! It brings AWARENESS to this issue, lets greater number of people KNOW what is going on.

Once you hit the certain timeline (let's say X months past the declared by USCIS time to process your application), you shoul dbe prepared to bring a law suit and take USCIS to court. Even if Judge dismisses your case, it costs USCIS to pay to US Attorney to write a brief explaining the Judge WHY your WOM should be dismissed.

At some point this will become too costly, if they are just arbitrarily throw some apps in black hole and sit on people's lives.

Once it gets too costly for them to defend in Federal Court, they will be forced to make policy changes , agency wide, to change the way they operate, so they can reduce the waste of resources.

You should not even think about YOU or YOUR application, think about thousands and millions of applicants AFTER you, who will be just like YOU and arbitrarily made to wait indefinitely for adjudication of their cases. Let THEM one day benefit from our action, even if you don't reap any benefot from it yourself.

ACT! Speak UP! Remember, we have 1st Amendmend , which specifically says nothing on this land shall abridge our right to peacefully petition government regarding our grievances. Use your right! You want to be American? Act like American!

Wish you all good luck.

N400Applicant

Edited by N400applicant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0dQA0vMJxA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wquCCFvbNhI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5pdgyOzJtE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neqFpWDQ61w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RneoccuJwY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTUU_ykQbfg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdi3Cg2Uq1k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5HVJdMGAMs

==================================================

First Amendment and separation of Church from State has a lot more to it than most of our contemporaries realize.

The truth is, the Pilgrims were Puritan fascists who were only looking for their
own
religious freedom. They were too ... independent and fanatical even for the more mainstream zealots of English and European Reformations. They called themselves “Puritans” because they were dedicated to
purifying
the Church of England of Roman influences. They
hated
Rome and they
hated
heretics, and they
hated
sinners and they really hated
witches
. Their reigning English King, James I was also a foaming Protestant Scottish witch hunter, and was every bit as fanatical as the Pilgrims were, since they were all theological soul mates. But James I actually had to sophisticate himself a bit, particularly stifling his witch-hating fanaticism when he took power in England. He had to accommodate the more moderate and educated Protestantism that then still held great sway in his English Court and Parliament. This social moderation at home however, didn’t slow him from encouraging the exportation of sharp, Puritan zeal to his growing colonies in the New World though, where raw Puritanism would be free to dominate the new society he intended to found there.

I say with very little exaggeration, that living under Puritan rule in the New England American Colonies would be nearly as religiously oppressive as living under the Taliban in Afghanistan, or Wahhabi ruled Saudi Arabia. The principle difference between Sharia Law and Pilgrim Law would be that the Pilgrims let women show
puritan-whipping_thumb.jpg?w=244&h=244

their whole faces in public. the Puritans in particular on the other hand, weren’t all that put off by the Inquisition’s tactics or even goals in and of themselves. The Puritans and many other Reformers in truth just wanted the Inquisitional zeal applied unilaterally up and down the Church ranks from clergy to commoner. They just didn’t think you should be able to buy or politic your way out of being tortured into a confession of heresy. They figured that kings, Popes and bishops and priests were just as good candidates for heresy as anyone else—the more the merrier. Puritans in short, actually wanted
more
repression and
more
micromanaging of the Body of Christ. They wanted the power to institute the same sort of fanatical purification of Christendom that the Inquisition only
pretended
to enforce, and then only selectively, often for personal, social, or political reasons. The Puritans wanted their newly cleansed Protestant Inquistition to be
universally
applied to all Christians of whatever rank. The Puritans wanted
everyone
to be beaten into piety whatever his station in the Church or society– they just wanted to insure it was being done fairly and correctly by a dictatorial theocracy of their
own
design.We read about the Salem Witch trials, some decades after the Pilgrims landed, and think that hanging nineteen men and women as witches on the say-so of a couple of snotty little girls looking for attention was a fluke carried out by an isolated, small group of inbred fanatics. We think the old man they crushed under stones for refusing to submit to their trials was the result of some abnormal paranoia due to the bunker mentality of a pioneer colony in a harsh new land. When we read about the dozens of fellow colonists they just let rot in jail for months as they queued them up for their American Inquisition, we assume that this sort of fiendish treatment had to be the product of some sort of atypical mass mental illness brought about through a bad diet and not enough sunlight. But no,
that’s what Puritans did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGASvVqzOa0

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.