jsoubenz

Last Minute Questions

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm preparing to send in my I-129F file tomorrow and I just have a few things I need clarified.

Is it a bad thing if I send a statement of meeting from both I and my fiancé? I had him send one to me before I read that I should write the statement. So I also wrote one. Should I just keep his and send mine? Or is it ok to send both?

Should we be worried about sending in a lot of evidence of our relationship, past and current? Such as screen shots of our conversations on Facebook and Skype? I have some printouts of our Skype chat and call logs from the last month, and copies of letters sent by both of us over the last year, but I wasn't planning on sending more than that. I'm sending evidence of our meeting; boarding passes, my e-ticket, passport stamps, train and bus tickets from when I was there, as well as many photographs, is that enough?

Also I read that currently for the forms it's ok to leave blank spaces if the question is not applicable and does not directly state to write none in the space, is this correct?

Thanks in advance for the help!

​​event.png

event.png

monkey_80_anim_gif.gifmonkey_80_anim_gif.gif

s3ha3d.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I sent one that both me and my fiance signed and then had someone who witness us sign it and then she signed it (it was a friend of mine, who visited me while i visited him). So I would send both. I dont know about leaving the blank spaces. I know that my fiance didnt mark that he hadnt had any previous conviction, so i guess when it is a yes/no question make sure that you have marked no, but if not applicable we didnt mark it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Don't confuse the statement of how you met with the letter of intent to marry.

The statement of how you met does not need to be signed. It is a brief account on how you came to know each other.

The letter of intent to marry can be either one letter signed by both of you, or a letter from each of you, which should also be signed. It is very important that your letter of intent includes reference to the fact that you intend to get married in the USA within 90 days of entering on the K1 visa. It should bear wet ink signatures from both the petitioner and the beneficiary. It is a common reason for an RFE so get it done right before you file.

Good luck with your journey.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I'm preparing to send in my I-129F file tomorrow and I just have a few things I need clarified.

Is it a bad thing if I send a statement of meeting from both I and my fiancé? I had him send one to me before I read that I should write the statement. So I also wrote one. Should I just keep his and send mine? Or is it ok to send both?

Should we be worried about sending in a lot of evidence of our relationship, past and current? Such as screen shots of our conversations on Facebook and Skype? I have some printouts of our Skype chat and call logs from the last month, and copies of letters sent by both of us over the last year, but I wasn't planning on sending more than that. I'm sending evidence of our meeting; boarding passes, my e-ticket, passport stamps, train and bus tickets from when I was there, as well as many photographs, is that enough?

Also I read that currently for the forms it's ok to leave blank spaces if the question is not applicable and does not directly state to write none in the space, is this correct?

IF IT DONT APPLY TO YOU OR YOUR FIANCE I WOULD STILL PUT NONE OR N/A BECAUSE IM THINKING I READ ON THE VISA WEBSITE DONT LEAVE NO SPACE BLANK.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Read this guide before you send!

"Be sure to complete all pertinent items on the petition or application. Ensure all entries on the forms are legible. Note the appropriate consulate, embassy, or a request to adjust status on the petition. Do note enter "N/A" when "None" is appropriate." (I'm not sure if this is grammatical error or a spelling error, I'm trying to look at other sources for you).

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-and-fees/general-tips-assembling-applications-mailing

Also, here's another tip guide:

http://www.uscis.gov/forms-filing-tips

Edited by DpdNKerosene

Our Journey:
04/19/2014- Met online
10/2014- Visited Nigeria and he proposed!!!! 
02/28/2015- Sent I-129F petition
03/05/2015- NOA1
09/2015- Visited Nigeria again!!!
10/28/2015- NOA2 (237 day wait at TSC)
11/13/2015- Sent to NVC
11/27/2015- Arrived at Embassy
06/2016- Third visit to Nigeria!
06/15/2016- Interview, given option to file I-601 waiver.
08/16/2016- Waiver submitted (no lawyer).
11/21/2016- Waiver approved with expedite.
01/2017- Embassy requested interview. 
04/2017- Fourth visit to Nigeria.  K1 officially denied. 
04/25/2017- NOA1 for 2nd K1.
07/27/2017- Case transferred to TSC.
11/17/2017- Case transferred back to CSC.
01/16/2018- NOA2!! (266 day wait)
03/08/2018- Interview (AP)
05/03/2018- VISA APPROVAL!!!
05/14/2018- Visa issued
05/18/2018- Visa picked up
05/25/2018- HE'S HOME!!! 💙💙💙

God has given me a great knowledgebase through research and other members here on VJ.  Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance to you! 

Send as many evidence as you can , dont forget to have him send you the Letter of Intent , signed and dated . The statement of how you met is not required to be signed from both of you , just write a short paragraph about how you met .

Try to send examples from different times during your relationship , for example if you have been together for a year , send 2 or 3 examples from each month .
we sent pictures , conversations and screenshots from facebook , whatsapp and skype , and all the things you have listed .
and we put None in the blanks :)

Wish you the best of luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

IF IT DONT APPLY TO YOU OR YOUR FIANCE I WOULD STILL PUT NONE OR N/A BECAUSE IM THINKING I READ ON THE VISA WEBSITE DONT LEAVE NO SPACE BLANK.

the I129-f instruction says otherwise.....see number 3.

How To Fill Out Form I-129F

1. Type or print legibly in black ink.

2. If extra space is needed to complete any item, attach a continuation sheet, write your name and Alien Registration Number (A-Number) (if any), at the top of each sheet of paper, indicate the Part and Item Number to which your answer refers, and date and sign each sheet.

3. Answer all questions fully and accurately. If an item is not applicable or the answer is “none,” leave the space blank.

4. The answers to Item Numbers 15.e., 15.f., 15.g., and 15.h. in Part 2. of this form should be in reference to the

passport or travel document used at the last entry into the United States.

Edited by ChEd

USCIS BE LIKE.......WE ARE WORKING AS FAST AS WE CAN GUYS!

snail_mail.jpg

28 Sep 2014 -- Mailed I-129F

01 Oct 2014 -- I-129F Delivered to USCIS

06 Oct 2014 -- NOA1 Received via Text/Email

14 Oct 2014 -- NOA1 Hard Copy Received

23 Oct 2014 -- Petition Approved as per USCIS website

30 Oct 2014 -- NOA2 Hard Copy Received

07 Nov 2014 -- NVC Received Petition

10 Nov 2014 -- NVC Case Number Assigned

17 Nov 2014 -- Status Update "Ready for Interview" as per CEAC website

20 Nov 2014 -- NVC Case# Notice Received

22 Nov 2014 -- Medical

16 Dec 2014 -- Interview

18 Dec 2014 -- 221(g) Received via email

22 Dec 2014 -- RFE Instructions received via email

05 Feb 2015 -- RFE Requirements submitted

15 Apr 2015 -- Visa Issued as per CEAC Website

17 Apr 2015 -- Received Embassy Email, Visa on the way!!!!

20 Apr 2015 -- Visa OnHand :)

27 Apr 2015 -- CFO Appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The answer about how you met does not need to be signed by both. You both need to provide statements of intent to marry within 90 days though.

The I-129F instructions clearly state that if an answer is N/A or None, then to leave it blank.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I am not 100% sure but if I remembered correctly it said that you may not leave a space blank.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I just wanted to point out that it appears you are both wearing wedding bands in your picture. You need to be careful because if USCIS or the consulate even thinks you could be married it can be a reason for denial.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline

All the responses are very good. I think you already sent in your package. Hopefully you included more info than not enough. Leave no blanks is also important. I hired an attorney to help me complete our petition. Some people think is a waste of $$$ but we can't afford to get a rejection letter and we felt we could not put a value on this process. Good luck.

I left items on the I 129F that didn't apply blank as stated in the instructions for the form and our petition was approved in 21 days from NOA1. I had always been told to put in "none" or "n/a", but followed the instructions even though it seemed counter intuitive. Hopefully the rest of the process will proceed as smoothly as this first hurdle. Best of luck to you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I just wanted to point out that it appears you are both wearing wedding bands in your picture. You need to be careful because if USCIS or the consulate even thinks you could be married it can be a reason for denial.

Oh my gosh! I didn't even think about this. We had an engagement party. I know traditionally the bands go on the right hand for an engagement but we chose to wear them on the left. I hope this won't cause an issue :(

​​event.png

event.png

monkey_80_anim_gif.gifmonkey_80_anim_gif.gif

s3ha3d.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.