oludy

K1 visa denial at the us consulate in lagos(221g)

60 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Even if they don't want to hire a lawyer just get the free consultation n be advised on what to do

The consultation would consist of a recommendation for the petitioner to visit more often and stay longer and have a quality petition package

(if the lawyer is familiar with Lagos otherwise he would screw them up even more.)

Other than that there is no magic bullet in the tool box of a lawyer for this case.

By the time the future CR1 interview rolls around the baby issue will be less of a problem.

A lawyer can't overcome insufficient face time or that he fathered a child so close to the filing, if the CO wasn't convinced that day than he wasn't.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

K-1 fiance visa is hopeless most of the time especially in high fraudulent country Nigeria and Ghana My husband is from Ghana so I pretty much seeing how they feel all I can say is good luck to you all and may God forever bless you in this process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It is my understanding that once a K1 petition is filed you cannot reply to that denial. You will have to file a new petition. There is nothing wrong with being honest but to a CO Officer your intent appears that you only wish to immigrate to the US and that the mother of your unborn child is your true relationship. In addition, when filing a K1 petition they look for multiple visits from the petitioner and it's very hard to get an approval with just one visit. My suggestion is to have your fiance return and you get married and then refile with the assistance of an attorney given your sticky situation. However, this is only my opinion. I filed a spousal visa with only one visit for 8 days, but we received AP and we're stuck in that stage for 6 months. We will probably never know why we were placed on AP, but by God's grace my hustand did finally receive his visa and arrived home to me 3 weeks ago. This process is grueling, but if your intentions are true and genuine with your fiance you can overcome this challenge. Now that you have filed a petition keep in mind that all you had in that 1st petition will be under scrutiny and your case will be flagged on your next petition. But, you will definitely want to put the unborn child in your new petition so as to not appear you're trying to hide this issue.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My fiance was also denied a K1 visa in 2011. We had a lawyer, and we had a lot of evidence for our case. We tried for about a year to get them to give us a new interview, or to review the case. We even had senators, congressmen, and our lawyer write letters concerning our case. They refused. We had no complications, he has no ex wives, or children, no medical conditions, no trouble with the law. They just assumed that he wanted to get married to become a citizen. Now they have told him that he is not eligible for a visitors visa to come here because we have applied for a k1. In my experience, they will NOT look into this decision. I think it will be a waste of time to pursue it. The only options you have are to refile, or to have her come to Naija and get married and then reapply for a spousal visa. This is what we are planning to do.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

A raw deal for you. The best thing you can do is like some others said, is marry there and file a spousal visa. Unite your family, the best and quickest way you can.

Filed: Timeline

I was denied a fiancee visa 4 days ago at the US consulate in

Lagos,Nigeria despite having loads of evidence(40 Pictures,

several pages of email & whatsapp correspondence, visa &

stamps, boarding pass, ticket) that our relationship is genuine.A

lady who was a friend got pregnant for me a month before I met

my US citizen fiancee but we were not even dating not to talk of

being lovers.Infact, it was a big mistake and we don't I even see

eye to eye till date.I told my US fiancee about it from the very

first day that we met, she appreciated my honesty and took it in

good faith. As a truthful man that i have always been, I filled in

my DS 160 form that I have a child despite the fact that the child

was still unborn when my fiancee filed a k1 petition on my

behalf. To my surprise, the Consular officer picked on that and

told me he was refusing me a k1 visa cos I had a child from

another woman. Is that enough of a reason for k1 visa denial?

My fiancee wrote a strong-worded email to the US consulate

yesterday requesting that my case be reviewed but I'm not sure

they will respond to it. What can we do now? Should we refile or

wait till our case is returned to the uscis? We are already looking

into hiring an immigration attorney. Your candid response will

be appreciated. Thanks!

High fraud embassy , many stories of men ending marriages after GC &

marrying their baby mamam also a relationship that over-laps (co thoughts)

why not marry someone who carries your child , yet you are in a hurry to marry

USC, they also think when you casually have unprotected relations it shows U

will do it again to a wife..Even if you both get marry this will be a red-flag for

the spousal visa ..yes you need a good atty.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

I was denied a fiancee visa 4 days ago at the US consulate in

Lagos,Nigeria despite having loads of evidence(40 Pictures,

several pages of email & whatsapp correspondence, visa &

stamps, boarding pass, ticket) that our relationship is genuine.A

lady who was a friend got pregnant for me a month before I met

being lovers.Infact, it was a big mistake and we don't I even see

eye to eye till date.I told my US fiancee about it from the very

first day that we met, she appreciated my honesty and took it in

good faith. As a truthful man that i have always been, I filled in

my DS 160 form that I have a child despite the fact that the child

was still unborn when my fiancee filed a k1 petition on my

behalf. To my surprise, the Consular officer picked on that and

told me he was refusing me a k1 visa cos I had a child from

another woman. Is that enough of a reason for k1 visa denial?

My fiancee wrote a strong-worded email to the US consulate

yesterday requesting that my case be reviewed but I'm not sure

they will respond to it. What can we do now? Should we refile or

wait till our case is returned to the uscis? We are already looking

into hiring an immigration attorney. Your candid response will

be appreciated. Thanks!

Have her come to Nigeria for 3 months and get married. Then apply for IR and skip the retarded k1 process altogether

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Not really surprised at the refusal given the situation. You've been given some good advice here, good luck going forward.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

first of all that's the way I type okay so the way I type shouldn't even be an issue here what the issue is here is to give some advice so thank you.

Caps locks is for shouting. It is extremely annoying to read. I honestly didn't even bother reading it because my brain got tired of all the screaming inside my head while reading it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed that adds nothing beneficial to the topic. please stay on topic.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

You know sometimes people get so involved in making sure everyone can hear what they are saying that they dont listen to what is actually being said...

-oludys visa was denied.

-lady friend got pregnant a month before he met his fiance

-did not include child on K1 since it was not born

-did fill out child on ds 160 (application to travel) assuming it was denied AS

-states HAS NOT SEEN fiance in 15 MONTHS

-fiance only visited once for 5 days, which was a very long time ago.

Their in person meeting occurred during their courtship- in which he did not specify how long he had known her prior to her visit BUT apparently they were involved long distance seemingly with out ever meeting. He had relations with another woman immediately prior to her arrival, told her of such upon her arrival, she forgave him and decided to sponsor him/marry him anyway. Returned home and never saw him again.

Its quite a story and quite a HUGE burden to overcome. A lawyer can not twist the facts no matter how much you pay them. It is what it is. A marriage certificate is not going to change the circumstance either. Except for the fact that in order to get married you will have to see each other again even if your schedules are tight.

Personally I feel more physical time together would be necessary to satisfy the CO. I would also recommend you encourage your fiance to join the forums.

Best of luck to you both.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

You know sometimes people get so involved in making sure everyone can hear what they are saying that they dont listen to what is actually being said...

-oludys visa was denied.

-lady friend got pregnant a month before he met his fiance

-did not include child on K1 since it was not born

-did fill out child on ds 160 (application to travel) assuming it was denied AS

-states HAS NOT SEEN fiance in 15 MONTHS

-fiance only visited once for 5 days, which was a very long time ago.

Their in person meeting occurred during their courtship- in which he did not specify how long he had known her prior to her visit BUT apparently they were involved long distance seemingly with out ever meeting. He had relations with another woman immediately prior to her arrival, told her of such upon her arrival, she forgave him and decided to sponsor him/marry him anyway. Returned home and never saw him again.

Its quite a story and quite a HUGE burden to overcome. A lawyer can not twist the facts no matter how much you pay them. It is what it is. A marriage certificate is not going to change the circumstance either. Except for the fact that in order to get married you will have to see each other again even if your schedules are tight.

Personally I feel more physical time together would be necessary to satisfy the CO. I would also recommend you encourage your fiance to join the forums.

Best of luck to you both.

As I read it he had impregnated his friend and told his now wife and petitioner that fact on the day they first met, online I assume.

OP has not said on their first face to face meeting.

He also said they ( him and petitioner)

were at that time also only friends and not lovers or committed yet so he did not cheat on her and there was nothing to forgive.

If that is the truth then if they had a longer friendship first it wouldn't have been cheating getting someone else pregnant and therefore

not as critical as if he had cheated on her. Still a mess for Lagos but slightly different scenario. It's all in the details which we don't have here.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Hmm Ebo- I guess we read it differently?

.A lady who was a friend got pregnant for me a month before I met
being lovers.

I took it as the we were not even dating not to talk of being lovers meant he and the woman who later had his child- as it was a one night stand-

You took it as he was referencing the fiance.

I took the met my fiance as the meeting in person, you took it as the meeting online.

Makes for two very different stories!

NigeriaBust had the same interpretation as I did posting "You were obviously intimate with someone just before your US fiancé visited." and the OP replied to the thread and did not address the issue as incorrect or clarify it- so I dont know if it was a wrong assumption.

Perhaps he will return and do so?

Either way its a tough embassy, they only have one visit and there is proof (a child) of the parties not being mutually exclusive to each other for the duration of the relationship.

If his position is going to be- the child and the said conception of the child should not count against me because it happened when me and the fiance were not really "together" we were just kinda sorta talking- not really lovers or dating or being serious/ then none of that evidence of the relationship and knowing each other (in a bonafide relationship sort of way) should count as well.

You cant play both sides of the fence you know? So the relationship would have only started when it did. Eh,. Like I said if he wants to provide more details perhaps he can get some assistance on how to better prepare or what type of evidence they would be looking for- because turning back in the same stuff in the future, the same one visit, more phone logs and mails and simply adding on the name of the now born child on the petition is not going to cut it. Even if you say well its been 8 more months now, yeah so? whats changed? nothing. Just 8 months have went by and you still wish to get married.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I read it:

16 months ago got his gf pregnant

15 months ago the lady who is now his fiancee visited.

7 months ago baby born

Recently K1 declined.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.