16 posts in this topic

ok so i got my biometric appointment letter today but i feel we have hardly any evidence we can get letters from family and friends pictures emails show im on his phone bill which he pays for any ideas at what else we can do i really dont wana get denied as i came on the vwp so that would be devastating for me not to be able to see my husband

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

You have to send the evidence in with your package. What did you send in?

Financial comingling - joint bank accounts, credit cards, insurance, loans (like for buying a car together) are all very good to have.

Pictures and affidavits help too, but are secondary.

It seems to me like USCIS cares the most about two things: money and babies.

Use W8-BEN (google it) and get added to his bank account - you don't need a SSN, copy of your passport is enough.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

i sent in pictures and advocates from family and friends and phone plans showing him paying mine and im on his thats it it was never planned the whole marriage so we dont have anything else we dont drive so cant do anything like that so yeaa

Timeline

i sent in pictures and advocates from family and friends and phone plans showing him paying mine and im on his thats it it was never planned the whole marriage so we dont have anything else we dont drive so cant do anything like that so yeaa

Are you living together? Are both your names on the lease? That would be another good one.

I think you have time to solidify this comingling thing before the actual interview. Biometrics now means you're still a couple months away from interview (at least).

yeaa just nervous and no its his step fathers house were gonna start a savings account to start saving towards our own he wants to move ect but wont until this is all done so yeaa

also a little nervous will this go against me do u think when i was a lil kid i shop lifted with some friends we got caught and taken to the police station i got left out but they took finger prints ect but no arrest and got a warning never to do it again so dunno whether its still on my record or not i was like 11 i think or something but heard there really harsh on any criminal history and deny aos applications based on that kinda stuff

so though my stuff was ok checked my case 22nd it was updated got a RFE said they mailed it but havent got it yet what happens if i cant provide the evidence they need like leases ect ?

On April 22, 2015, we suspended processing of your case, Receipt Number ----------, because we need more information from you. Your notice explains what we need from you to resume work on your case. We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires. Please follow the instructions in the notice.

The RFE is not likely about marital evidence. You could have forgotten to sign something, or left out a question, forgot a required document, or not properly documented the Affidavit of Support, or many other reasons. If you are not able to send back what they ask for, then they will not be able to approve the application.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

The RFE will explain what you need to send them. Just wait until you get it in the mail, there is nothing else you can do until then. Try to relax. I know it's easier said than done.

Sorry just so nervous now i ocerstayed my vwp so if its something major i cant supply im so uhhh i love my husband just dont wana leave him wondering what it could be they wouldnt stop my application foe evidence would they has to be something to so with the I-485 ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Sorry just so nervous now i ocerstayed my vwp so if its something major i cant supply im so uhhh i love my husband just dont wana leave him wondering what it could be they wouldnt stop my application foe evidence would they has to be something to so with the I-485 ?

USCIS is not gonna ask you to bring someone's head for an RFE so chill and don't be hard on yourself. Many people adjust from VWP and you're definitely not the first here. Initially of course your evidence will be weak since you're not adjusting from a work visa or some other visa with work authorization. The good news is by the time you get your EAD and Social Security card in approx 60 to 90 days, you'll be able to amass a wide variety of evidence documents prior to your interview. There's even a nationwide backlog now stretching interviews in many field offices for approx 6 months on average so use this time on your advantage to gather strong bona fide documents. If I were you I'll be focusing now on getting that RFE done as soon as I can so my case can continue rolling.

Adjustment of Status From F-1 Visa.

8/14/2014: Mailed AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765.

8/18/2014: Accepted in Chicago. Transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

8/21/2014: Received NOA 1. I-130, I-485, I-765 in mail.

8/25/2014: Received biometrics in mail. Scheduled for 9/8/2014

9/24/2014: EAD approved. 36 Days!

10/01/2014: EAD mailed.

10/03/2014: Received EAD card.

10/14/2014: I-485 moved to testing and interview.

1/28/2015: Interview scheduled for 3/4/2015.

1/31/2015: Received interview notice.

3/4/2015: Interview completed and APPROVED!

3/5/2015: Welcome notice mailed and I-130 Approved.

3/10/2015: Welcome notice and I-130 approval notice received.

3/12/2015: Green card mailed.

3/14/2015: Green card delivered.

Removal of Conditions: 

12/14/2016: Mailed I-751.

12/19/2016: NOA issued.

01/26/2017: Biometrics.

05/03/2018: I-751 transfered to NBC.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 Interview.

05/14/2019: I-751 APPROVED.

Naturalization:

12/02/2017: Mailed N 400 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox. (I-751 still pending)

12/05/2017: Package delivered in Phoenix, AZ. Transferred to Harrisonburg Processing Center.

12/07/2017: Notice of action issued. (IOE)

12/26/2017: Biometrics.

01/23/2019: Interview Scheduled for 2/27/2019.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 interview. N-400 recommended for approval.

05/16/2019: N-400 APPROVED! Placed in line for oath ceremony.

05/17/2019: Oath ceremony notice mailed.

06/12/2019: Swearing in Ceremony! Finally a U.S. citizen!

thanks i just cant help but be nervous im just hoping its nothing major or its something i can fix >< just dont wana get denied because its something i cant give u know i overstayed now by like 5-6 months that's what a 10 year ban i dont know how i would deal with that but thanks everyone u made me feel better and just hate waiting it says its got till may 22nd to arrive just nervous cause they stopped processing it for the RFE so wondering what it could be

Timeline

I know how you feel. When I got an RFE, I almost had a heart attack! But it was an easy one - had to do with income. Worrying about what it will be and whether you can provide what they ask for does nobody any good - you'll need to cross that bridge when you get to it.

They ALWAYS stop processing when they issue an RFE, and it delays your process by however long it takes for them to receive back a response. They will give you a deadline to respond to the RFE, but it's on the order of months away.

In your case, a slight delay may actually be a good thing. Plenty of time to gather additional evidence :) And don't worry about your overstay right now. With AOS pending you are in a sort of grace period. Your only problem would be if you get denied. If approved, overstay is forgiven.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.