12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My parent just got first letter from immigration department to submit their document and fees.

They already have a visitor visa and they were planning to visit USA within a month.

But as they got a letter from NVC to start their paperwork, we are not sure how should we approach on this situation.

Can we simply submit all the documents where they are in India and do rest of paper work when they are here??

Any help / guidance will be a great help.

Thanks in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

It's immigration fraud to enter the U.S with a temporary visa with the intent to adjust status. Your parent should enter and visit with his/her B2 visa meanwhile you guys should submit the required documentation to the NVC for consular processing in India as soon as possible to begin processing. It shouldn't take long for the documents to be all reviewed and an interview scheduled. It could even be done within a 6 month timeframe which is exactly same timeframe your parent will be likely given to stay in the U.S with the B2 visa. So by the time visitation is done he/she will be going home to attend the immigrant visa interview in India. That's the legal and smartest approach to do it.

Adjustment of Status From F-1 Visa.

8/14/2014: Mailed AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765.

8/18/2014: Accepted in Chicago. Transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

8/21/2014: Received NOA 1. I-130, I-485, I-765 in mail.

8/25/2014: Received biometrics in mail. Scheduled for 9/8/2014

9/24/2014: EAD approved. 36 Days!

10/01/2014: EAD mailed.

10/03/2014: Received EAD card.

10/14/2014: I-485 moved to testing and interview.

1/28/2015: Interview scheduled for 3/4/2015.

1/31/2015: Received interview notice.

3/4/2015: Interview completed and APPROVED!

3/5/2015: Welcome notice mailed and I-130 Approved.

3/10/2015: Welcome notice and I-130 approval notice received.

3/12/2015: Green card mailed.

3/14/2015: Green card delivered.

Removal of Conditions: 

12/14/2016: Mailed I-751.

12/19/2016: NOA issued.

01/26/2017: Biometrics.

05/03/2018: I-751 transfered to NBC.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 Interview.

05/14/2019: I-751 APPROVED.

Naturalization:

12/02/2017: Mailed N 400 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox. (I-751 still pending)

12/05/2017: Package delivered in Phoenix, AZ. Transferred to Harrisonburg Processing Center.

12/07/2017: Notice of action issued. (IOE)

12/26/2017: Biometrics.

01/23/2019: Interview Scheduled for 2/27/2019.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 interview. N-400 recommended for approval.

05/16/2019: N-400 APPROVED! Placed in line for oath ceremony.

05/17/2019: Oath ceremony notice mailed.

06/12/2019: Swearing in Ceremony! Finally a U.S. citizen!

~~moved to bringing family members of US citizens to the USA from AOS from family based visas. This forum is dedicated to K1 visas and their AOS journey~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Thank you Starkilla09 for information.

Why it would be count as fraud even if they are legally present.

I would love to do rest of the processing here as my parents are old and would like to avoid any hassle for them going back to India.

Let me know what are steps involved once they are here if you have an idea.

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You said they are in India, to immigrate they need an Immigrant Visa.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Hi Boiler,

Here is my original post :

My parent just got first letter from immigration department to submit their document and fees.

They already have a visitor visa and they were planning to visit USA within a month.

But as they got a letter from NVC to start their paperwork, we are not sure how should we approach on this situation.

Can we simply submit all the documents where they are in India and do rest of paper work when they are here??

Any help / guidance will be a great help.

Thanks in advance.

Timeline

Immigrant visas are handled in India.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

There is something called 'immigration fraud', google that.

Timeline

Sadist would describe someone putting their elderly parents in immigration detention pending deportation.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Closing this thread as OP is asking about illegal immigration activity; it is visa fraud to use a tourist visa with intent to immigrate/ stay in the USA. *******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.