mikel54

section 221(g) and 9 FAM 40,41

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Well here goes. My wife went for her CR-1 interview and She was told that our application for immigrant status has been suspended in accordance with section 221(g) and her visa is under administrative review processing under 9FAM 40.41, so OK we need a co-sponsor, "fine not a problem." I got a co-sponsor but now my wife needs a new lebanon police clearance as her old 1 was sent back to the USCIS and distroyed!! My question is,

1) Does our Co-Sponsor need to be only above the poverty guidelines? 4 people + my wife = 5 so only above $35,512.00??

2) Our Co-Sponsor taxes are filed jointly with her husband so do we need him to file a I-864A along with her I-864?

3) Why did the USCIS destroy her Lebanon police clearance and not return it to her or myself? and can i get that waivered?

1) Yes

2) He doesn't HAVE to but it's a good idea. If they file jointly but the other spouse does not complete an I-864a, then you should include w2s with the tax return transcript or an entire tax return with the joint sponsor's I-864. This way the CO can differentiate the income.

3) No idea but just go get a new one. The USCIS does not return documents unless you apply with a special form for it. Since the USCIS is not a part of the Department of State or the NVC or the consulates and embassies, then it's best to just get a new police clearance.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.