Mr. Big Dog

Mike Huckabee: U.S. moving toward 'criminalization of Christianity'

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

The headline would more appropriately read: Mike Huckabee: I officially lost it and have gone insane

Mike Huckabee: U.S. moving toward 'criminalization of Christianity'

The United States is moving toward “criminalization of Christianity” as a result of legalizing same-sex marriage, Mike Huckabee told a group of conservative pastors in a conference call organized by the Family Research Council.

“I think it’s fair to say that Christian convictions are under attack as never before,” Huckabee said Thursday, according to audio of the call obtained by Right Wing Watch, a project of the progressive advocacy group People for the American Way. “Not just in our lifetime, but ever before in the history of this great nation. We are moving rapidly toward the criminalization of Christianity.”

Scary thing is there are a lot of Christians that feel this way, some post right here.

I guess it's only "Love Thy Neighbor" when your neighbor is doing what you want them to do. If they should voice an opinion that differs from yours, then all bets are off and the war is on.

Religion is nuckin futs! :wacko:

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Apparently its reverse discrimination when you lose your ability to discriminate against someone. For the life of me, I will never ever ever be able to understand how allowing homosexuals to get married infringes on any way anyone's heterosexual marriage. If you don't want to be in a homosexual marriage, don't. If you want to be in a heterosexual marriage, knock yourself out. How do you "lose rights" by not being able to keep other people from getting married. As long as you yourself are free to choose who you marry, why do you care?

It's a fundamental misunderstanding of free speech.

You have bigoted people resenting that they are called bigots by suggesting that the bigger problem is that they are being castigated for expressing their bigotry.

It's why we have this whole sub culture of people whining about how the majority is somehow being marginalised by minority rule. It's spurious BS.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You have bigoted people resenting that they are called bigots by suggesting that the bigger problem is that they are being castigated for expressing their bigotry.

It's why we have this whole sub culture of people whining about how the majority is somehow being marginalised by minority rule. It's spurious BS.

Not all of them are bigoted. That's a misnomer. They have their beliefs which is fine. But they think the whole world should adhere to their beliefs. That's the problem. If you don't want to call gay marriage a marriage, then don't. But you don't get to control what other people call it.

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

It's often repeated that middle aged white Christian males are the most oppressed group in all of never land.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Not all of them are bigoted. That's a misnomer. They have their beliefs which is fine. But they think the whole world should adhere to their beliefs. That's the problem. If you don't want to call gay marriage a marriage, then don't. But you don't get to control what other people call it.

Most are bigoted I think. It's why you hear all this talk of political correctness being out of control. Most of the time, its just an excuse for people to express the same dirty old prejudices - while making out that the problem is with other people for disapproving of them.

On the subject of homosexuality, I don't think there are any arguments against it or gay marriage that don't come from a place of prejudice.

Edited by Venkman

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

It's often repeated that middle aged white Christian males are the most oppressed group in all of never land.

Well legally they have a point... Not on the Christian part..

For example in 1998 the FCC started requiring gender/racial information for all owners of radio stations - This was first used to ensure that when radio stations went out of business that were minority owned they were not bought up by non-minorities. This eventually led to a 2003 policy by the FCC to ban white males (or as it was worded: only allow minorities and females) from bidding on *all* available station licenses. This practice was stopped by a court order a few years later. Still in practice however: If a media outlet is 50.1% owned by a woman or a minority (or minority interests) they get a tax credit so if you are a white male and own a media outlet you pay more taxes for the simple fact that you are white and you are male. That is the law today.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

That's not ok with me

I understand They are trying to fix a real problem.. Most of the lucrative licenses were auctioned off well before segregation ended so the people that have the most profitable licenses are white males. They don't come available very often because they are the most lucrative and tend to be the ones that survive the ups and downs of the market.

I don't know how they fix the problem, but I don't think the solution is making gender or racially based laws to balance the scale by directly punishing one generation to pay for the sins of the previous generation..

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect