beccajayne93

Packet 3 Questions (MTL)

3 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I have been trying to prepare myself for what to do next once I receive my NOA2 (which I am expecting in a few weeks) and have come across some questions about the Packet 3 checklist that I am having trouble finding the answer to. Note I am the beneficiary in this process :).

1. Looking at the Packet 3 checklist on the MTL website, which was updated 2014, states that I need a police certificate from all countries in which I have resided for over 1 year. I am a Canadian citizen (my Dad was born here and now we live here), but I was born in England and we moved here to Canada when I was 11 (I am now 22). Now, if I go to the Canada page under the Wiki, the packet 3 instructions, which seem to be old because they are dated from 2009, state more detailed instructions that I only need to include countries where I have lived after turning the age of 16. But, this is not mentioned on the updated 2014 version. So, my question is: do I need a police certificate from England or not? (Even though I won't exactly have one because I was only 11!)

And, on the assumption that I wouldn't a police certificate from England, do I need anything that would prove when I moved to Canada? I.e. should I bring my citizenship card to the interview?

2. The checklist is somewhat vague. I am assuming court records and military records, as well as adoption decrees and marriage certificates can be left without checking off since they do not apply to me - is that correct?

3. The photo and birth certificate requirement is also vague - do I just collect MY photos and birth certificate? I already know that the photos must be U.S. passport size. I'm not sure how I feel about my fiancé mailing me his birth certificate, though, if that were the case :unsure: (and then there was a copy of it anyways in the I-129F package..)

4. Lastly, in regards to the "proof of domicile" request for the petitioner - my fiancé has always lived in New Jersey (so there is no special circumstance where he lives out of country). Would this step simply be proven by the Affidavit of Support/financial evidence which would show his work in New Jersey? Or do I have to provide other evidence as well?

Sorry if these questions have been asked.. I have been searching online and in the forums for a while and I'm losing my head! I would just like all the info in one place :)

Thanks for any help you can give me! :)

Spoiler

K1

04/09/15: NOA1

06/10/15: NOA2

09/04/15: Interview - Approved!

09/18/15: Visa received

09/24/15: POE

10/24/15: Wedding!!

AOS

11/12/15: AOS packet sent

11/15/15: AOS packet received

11/16/15: NOA1 for I-131 and I-765

11/18/15: NOA1 for I-485

12/11/15: Biometrics

02/06/16: EAD card in production, AP sent RFE

02/10/16: EAD mailed

02/11/16: EAD combo card received in mail including AP - Service request sent for why case tracker shows RFE

03/16/16: AOS Interview - Approved

03/22/16: Green Card received in mail

ROC

12/18/17: I-751 Filed at VSC
12/22/17: NOA1

02/02/18: Biometrics Appointment

02/04/19: Case approved

02/09/19: Card received

All done, for now. 

1. no you don't need it the police check, but it wouldn't hurt to bring your citizenship card.

2. yes, correct.

3. You should bring your fiance's original (well, certifed copy) of his long form birth certificate, as well as yours, to the interview. You've sent them photocopies with the application, but now they want to see the original for verification (and they'll give it back to you at the interview).

4.no, you don't need other evidence.

Thanks!

Spoiler

K1

04/09/15: NOA1

06/10/15: NOA2

09/04/15: Interview - Approved!

09/18/15: Visa received

09/24/15: POE

10/24/15: Wedding!!

AOS

11/12/15: AOS packet sent

11/15/15: AOS packet received

11/16/15: NOA1 for I-131 and I-765

11/18/15: NOA1 for I-485

12/11/15: Biometrics

02/06/16: EAD card in production, AP sent RFE

02/10/16: EAD mailed

02/11/16: EAD combo card received in mail including AP - Service request sent for why case tracker shows RFE

03/16/16: AOS Interview - Approved

03/22/16: Green Card received in mail

ROC

12/18/17: I-751 Filed at VSC
12/22/17: NOA1

02/02/18: Biometrics Appointment

02/04/19: Case approved

02/09/19: Card received

All done, for now. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.