1 post in this topic

Advise please. My husband and I got married in May 2014 and filed the I130 petition on September 9 2014 while he was still an LPR. He has since naturalized as of February of 2015 and we made a subsequent request to have The case upgraded to a CR1/IRS petition. After the first failed attempt to have this done my husband spoke to another uscis officer and we finally received a letter confirming the upgrade on March 20 2015. The letter also indicated that the case was now a"active processing" and that we should use the date of my husband's naturalization as an estimation of our new processing time.Just for clarification sake my husband called again after we received that letter and also inquired about when we should expect an approval to which he was told that he should wait 30 to 45 days to receive a letter from uscis and that if this was not done he should call to follow up. My questions are 1. Has anyone ever been through a similar process? 2. If yes then typically how long does it take to receive the no a from uscis after the case has been upgraded to that of CR1/IR1?.Thank you any advice would be appreciated

Service Center- Vermont Service Center

Consulate- Bridgetown Barbados

Marriage: May 18 2014 (L)(L)(F)(F)(L)(L)

I-130 Sent: September 5 2014 (F2A)

I-130 NOA1: September 9 2014

I-130 Request to Upgrade to CR-1: March 2 2014 (Husband naturalized February 2015)

I-130 Upgraded to CR-1: March 17 2015

I-130 Approved: August 23 2015 (5 months from upgrade to CR-1) :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

NVC Received: September 1 2015

Case Number Assigned: September 10 2015

Received DS-261/ AOS Bill: September 10 2015

Submit DS-261: September 10 2015

Pay AOS Bill: September 11 2015

AOS Bill Shows Paid: September 15 2015

DS-261 Reviewed: September 15 2015

Receive IV Bill: September 16 2015

Pay IV Bill: September 19 2015

IV Bill Shows Paid: September 23 2015

Mailed AOS/IV Package: September 19 2015

AOS/IV Scan Date: September 22 2015

DS-260 Available : September 23 2015

DS-260 Completed: September 23 2015

Case Complete: October 19 2015 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:Interview Scheduled: October 22 2015

Interview Date: December 14 2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.