VeeNDee

New babies?

53 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We had a baby girl on July 13, 2015. I also have a 7 year old from a previous marriage. I am the USC. We are still waiting on my husband's green card. He is adjusting from a K1 visa. We received a RFE for another copy of our marriage certificate and sent that in last week so I am hoping it will be approved soon! We would love to take a trip up to Canada so his family can see the baby. We still need to apply for her passport though. I guess I should get on that.

K-1 Timeline- 6 Month Process

2-26-14 NOA1

4-04-14 NOA2

6-13-14 Interview (221g Divorce Decree)

6-20-14 Document Sent

7-16-14 Email Request for Liquid Assets

7-23-14 Documents Sent

7-31-14 Case Creation Date changed

8-14-14 ISSUED!!

8-18-14 Visa in Hand

8-20-14 POE

10-11-14 Wedding

AOS & EAD Timeline

11-04-14 Express Mailed to Chicago

11-05-14 Delivered

11-07-14 NOA 1 via text

11-10-14 Check Cashed

11-13-14 Both NOA1's received in the mail

11-22-14 Biometrics letter received

12-03-14 Biometrics Appointment

01-15-15 EAD APPROVED!!!

02-23-15 Interview Waiver Letter Received

09-22-15 GC APPROVED!!!

09-26-15 GC IN HAND!

Bye USCIS until June 2017!

~Abby~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We had a baby girl on July 13, 2015. I also have a 7 year old from a previous marriage. I am the USC. We are still waiting on my husband's green card. He is adjusting from a K1 visa. We received a RFE for another copy of our marriage certificate and sent that in last week so I am hoping it will be approved soon! We would love to take a trip up to Canada so his family can see the baby. We still need to apply for her passport though. I guess I should get on that.

If you drive across you only need the birth certificate if they are under 16 I believe. I'm trying to get the passport so I can get Nexus for our daughter to make the crossing faster (the rest of us have Nexus already).

Congrats on your daughter! About a week older than mine! Good luck on visiting the family :)

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

So apparently I didn't realize, but you don't actually NEED a passport for Nexus for an infant. The only ID I have for her in the application is her birth certificate and that seems to be enough. It's still pending review so no idea how long this will take. I now remember the reason I wanted to get her the passport was to apply for her Canadian citizenship card where you DO need more ID. At least I am not as time pressed on that one although I still want to get it done. Just thought I'd correct my error in case anyone else was believing the same thing.

VeeNDee

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

So apparently I didn't realize, but you don't actually NEED a passport for Nexus for an infant. The only ID I have for her in the application is her birth certificate and that seems to be enough. It's still pending review so no idea how long this will take. I now remember the reason I wanted to get her the passport was to apply for her Canadian citizenship card where you DO need more ID. At least I am not as time pressed on that one although I still want to get it done. Just thought I'd correct my error in case anyone else was believing the same thing.

Adults don't need a passport for nexus either. Got mine without one

Filed: Timeline

Does your husband have Advance Parole. Your timeline doesn't show applying for Advance Parole. If he leaves while AOS is pending, without Advance Parole, and without H or L status, he automatically abandons AOS.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Does your husband have Advance Parole. Your timeline doesn't show applying for Advance Parole. If he leaves while AOS is pending, without Advance Parole, and without H or L status, he automatically abandons AOS.

We did not apply for AP. We know that we cannot travel to Canada until he gets his greencard. We are OK with that but will be doing so as soon as we are able. Thanks for looking out for is though!

Edited by Abby & Andre

K-1 Timeline- 6 Month Process

2-26-14 NOA1

4-04-14 NOA2

6-13-14 Interview (221g Divorce Decree)

6-20-14 Document Sent

7-16-14 Email Request for Liquid Assets

7-23-14 Documents Sent

7-31-14 Case Creation Date changed

8-14-14 ISSUED!!

8-18-14 Visa in Hand

8-20-14 POE

10-11-14 Wedding

AOS & EAD Timeline

11-04-14 Express Mailed to Chicago

11-05-14 Delivered

11-07-14 NOA 1 via text

11-10-14 Check Cashed

11-13-14 Both NOA1's received in the mail

11-22-14 Biometrics letter received

12-03-14 Biometrics Appointment

01-15-15 EAD APPROVED!!!

02-23-15 Interview Waiver Letter Received

09-22-15 GC APPROVED!!!

09-26-15 GC IN HAND!

Bye USCIS until June 2017!

~Abby~

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Update time! Yesterday, on Canadian Thanksgiving / Columbus Day, we checked our mailbox - we didn't get mail obviously, but we hadn't checked it for a few days. Inside was my first daughter's Canadian citizenship certificate! WOO HOO! Finally! After 3 attempts to submit it and waiting many months it's done! Now to start it all over again for #2... ha. Except I still don't have her passport so I'll have to wait on that.

Just wanted to let you guys know it is possible :)

VeeNDee

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Another update - got my new daughter's Nexus interview done and received her card in time to cross the border for Christmas with my family. I got it without her having any ID other than her birth certificate. We have since added her passport. I tried to update my older daughter with her new Canadian citizenship in the file but the officer at the Seattle Nexus office told me that they don't acknowledge dual citizenship so they didn't add it to her file. I get it, but now I'm confused about myself - when I become American eventually, do I have to change my citizenship on Nexus (become American instead of Canadian) since Americans are always supposed to enter the country on their American ID? I guess I'll find out when the time comes and probably call a Nexus information line. Not sure how often they deal with that.

VeeNDee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.